Mutually Beneficial Agreement (D4 EM)

Mutually Beneficial Agreement (D4 EM)

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:59 am

(Expecting, but there's probably room in another part of the fields)

One of the benefits of spending so much time walking in the western fields, Tomonaga thought, was that he was starting to recognize the few distinctive landmarks there were. The hill with the tree, the hill with the rock, the hill with neither tree nor rock, but was at least a little larger than the other hills. At the moment, he was standing on the hill closest to the village, the better to see and be seen by anyone coming from that direction.

He'd spent a bit of time on his appearance, but it was hardly necessary. In a fresh kimono, and with a comb passed through his thick black hair, his handsome features usually managed to do the rest. Now, he was fresh-faced and bright-eyed, ready to meet the day. And a Unicorn.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Re: Mutually Beneficial Agreement (D4 EM)

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:53 pm

Spotting the lavender clad woman coming was hardly difficult either; She was not trying to be stealthy, and her low tied hair bobbed behind her as she walked up the hill towards Tomonaga.

"Good morning Yasuki-sama; You're looking fresh and bright-eyed this morning."

She smiled, a silk bag slung over her shoulder.
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:37 pm

Tomonaga smiled as he spotted Yukarin, still some distance away. He waited until she got a bit closer before giving her a casual bow.

"Hey, Iuchi-san! Good morning." He greeted her, still smiling. "You're looking pretty good yourself."

His eyes flickered up to the bag she was holding, then back to her face. "Did you have a location in mind, or did you just want to, uh, walk around?" He waved his hand vaguely.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:28 pm

"I don't know the fields very well, so...

She shrugs and jiggles the bag, "I did bring a little bit of shochu, honey, and bread though if you'd like."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:47 pm

Tomonaga tilted his head to the side for a moment, his expression thoughtful. "Here, follow me." He said. "I know a good place." Turning, he began to lead her towards 'hill with rock', which had a suitable surface for food. Carefully, he matched his pace to hers, slowing the stride of his long legs.

As they walked, he shot her a smile. "That sounds great, thanks!" Craning his neck a little, he peered at her bag. "Shochu, eh? Is that your drink of choice, then? As it happens, I brought a little something along, myself." As he walked, his hand dipped into his kimono, returning with a fine ceramic sake bottle. "My family's sake." He explained, his smile growing a touch. "The good stuff, too." He replaced the bottle within his kimono.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:18 pm

Yukarin chuckled softly as she walked next to him, "I will admit to being quite partial to mead and kumis myself... but I certainly have grown fond of Rokugani spirits in my short time here. Fine sake more so than shochu... though I find controlled amounts of the stuff is a good way to ease negotiations."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:30 pm

"Mead?" Tomonaga glanced at Yukarin, his eyebrows going up. "I don't think I've had a chance to try that. Kumis was good, though." His brown eyes glinted appreciation when she mentioned her enjoyment of fine sake, his glance at her growing more interested.

And more interested still as she finished. "Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. The nice thing about trading sake, there's really no time when it's inappropriate to have a little. I mean, they've gotta sample it sometime. And then the negotiations do tend to go a little smoother." He pursed his lips thoughtfully for a moment; was there something to be considered in that they both believed this, and they both brought a bottle of alcohol?

Hill with rock was not far from hill nearest village. The rock was large, flat, and low, making an excellent table. "Here we are." Tomonaga said cheerfully. He set about clearing some space for them to sit, leaving her to arrange the food and drink.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:44 pm

Yukarin grinned as Tomonaga pursed his lips, half reading his mind with the expression, "Don't worry, Yasuki-sama; I was never planning on trying to get you to drink more than me. Besides, we're not here to negotiate. And getting you plastered would not serve in getting you to know me better... though I kight know YOU better in some ways then."

She was still grinning as she started setting out the stuff.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:58 pm

Tomonaga returned the grin with one of his own. "That's certainly true. Probably too much. But I'd really like to learn more about you, too. And be able to remember it tomorrow, without a splitting headache."

The rock was too wide for them to sit across from each other, so Tomonaga patted down the grass in two adjacent spots, close, but not pressingly so, no chance of accidental elbow bumping. He settled himself easily into one. After a moment's hesitation, he brought out his fine sake bottle, but set it to the side of the improvised table; she'd brought most of the stuff, so he'd leave it to her to decide what to drink.

"Sharing a drink is the preferred methodwe Crab have for getting to know someone, too." Tomonaga said. "Of course, I think it's our preferred method for most things, but for this, I think it's really true."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:08 pm

"That's certainly a preferable method to many."

Yukarin made herself comfortable and got out the bread and honey, legs peeking out of her robes as she tucked them to her side.

"Anyways I would... well I'd really rather you remember about me headache free as well. ..s-so I don't have to repeat myself of course."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:22 pm

"This looks very nice." Tomonaga murmured politely as she laid out the bread and honey. He avoided looking too much at her legs, although he did permit himself a glance.

Tomonaga smiled at her comment. "Believe me, you have my full attention." His gaze flickered to her hand, where the cat had bitten her. "I'm just glad that when you look at me, your finger doesn't start to ache. No fierce animals here, fortunately."

His own hands reached out, helping to arrange the food and drink for their convenience, producing his own sake cup if it seemed needed.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:27 pm

Another chuckle, "Now now... you almost make it seem like you're the one who bit me. And we both know that isn't true, neh? Besides, it's all healed already, see?"

She lifted the finger, holding it out for inspection.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:36 pm

Tomonaga leaned forward, making a show of performing a careful inspection of the formerly wounded digit. Finally, he sat up, giving a solemn nod. "Ah, good." He said, his tone serious. "I hope my quick medical attention helped." The twitching of his lips, and the sparkle in his brown eyes showed just how much effort he was putting into suppressing laughter.

Shifting, Tomonaga angled his body slightly towards Yukarin, the better to be able to eat and drink, and talk at the same time. "So, Iuchi-san... for getting to know you..." He tapped on finger on his knee thoughtfully. "Well, it seems that you'd know best what sort of questions I should ask you. Any hints, there?" He asked, a smile appearing on his even features once more. Smiling did seem to come easily to him.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:20 am

Yukarin was certainly expressive as well, though perhaps in a less controlled manner, looking thoughtful and tapping her chin with that very finger after setting down the spoon.

"You'd think I'd know something like that, hm. But somehow... I don't. I suppose I could start just randomly talking about myself while you dig in?"
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:03 am

Tomonaga looked down at the food arrayed in front of them. "I think that sounds like an excellent plan." He said with enthusiasm. He gathered up some of the bread and honey with that same enthusiasm.

"Shall we begin with the shochu?" He asked, before she began. "I'd very much like for you to try my family's sake, but perhaps afterwards."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Next

Return to The Western Fields