Far Afield (D3, EM)

Re: D3, EM - Far Afield

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:32 am

He laughed warmly, "I wish it were all that trivial at times. But no my dear Iuchi-san, that is certainly important at all. Though I do personally think you'd look captivating in red." He winked.

He then smiled, "I'm somewhat of a jokester in case you can't tell yet. I enjoy life... and make that readily apparent to everyone I meet. I know it can rub people the wrong way. But a day with me will always at the very least be comical."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:55 am

"I have been told I have a somewhat irreverent streak myself... Though I suppose everyone's view of such things is different."

She gave him a big smile, "I certainly don't mind the humour though; I merely hadn't expected it, and was having more... contemplative thoughts."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:35 am

"Oh?" He asked with a raise of his brow.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:00 pm

"Well... I mean... questions of comparability, outside of whether a colour would suit you or I or not."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:05 pm

He smiled, "Anything I can help describe for you to be able to compare a bit easier?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Re: Far Afield (D3, EM)

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Yukarin scooted closer to Yuuru with a sigh, hand on her other arm, "I was actually worrying about the Unicorn in general; How well will Unicorn brides and grooms be able to integrate into other Clans... and vice versa I suppose."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:18 pm

He nodded, "I'm sure it'll be a learning experience for everyone... with plenty of bruises and battles along the way. The order around here has been a certain way for a long time, your arrival will surely upset that to a large degree."

He smiled, "On a more personal level, I'm sure it'll be an adjustment for anyone joining the Unicorn or one of the other clans... Nearly a thousand years apart is sure to build up quite a few differences. If I'm to speak nicely of my clan... I have to say we are good with dealing with unusual or unexpected circumstances. Our lords only demand we serve with Duty. In what way and by what means is not relevant. You have all sorts of people in the Scorpion.. from the very honorable and brave, to the craven and low. I'm sure there'll be a place for you there if you so desired."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:24 am

"Ah... that sounds like a fairly balanced way to look at things at least. I can say the Unicorn also have all sorts of course... but I think most already understand that when they see a Moto, an Otaku, and an Ide all together. At the same time... I won't pretend it would be as simple of a transition as you make it sound going into your own Clan; I think my people have become used to certain ways of doing things over the centuries, and I don't see those changing quickly, if at all."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:45 am

He chuckled, "My casting it in a positive light was not me pretending Iuchi-san. It'll be tough... with bruises along the way like I mentioned. On both a large scale and a small one the divide between our peoples is great right now."

He smiled, "But with time... things pass. Things aren't always shitty, and they aren't always nice. That's the one bit of spirituality I find to be right. Everything about the world around us is impermanent. We get all sorts of things thrown our way. How we deal with it is up to us... at least some of the time."

He moved to sit down comfortably and made room for her to sit as well. "Like this miai. We may not have had a full choice to come or not... but now that we're here we can choose to try and make the best with the hand we've been dealt. For me... I'm enjoying sharing a nice walk with a beautiful young woman on a crisp morning. There are worse things, even if there are plenty of obstacles in the way."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:51 am

She gave a curt little nod before sitting right next to him so that her side was next to his, "You are right; We always have a choice... regardless of whether that choice will change things will lead to the outcome we want or change things. But the mere act of chosing helps define us. For instance, you have made a good choice in spending your time this afternoon; It might not define your future, but it's appreciated nonetheless."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:58 am

He smiled and chuckled, "I'm just happy to have the opportunity. I've already had one woman run off on her horse when I asked her to sit down and talk. Even someone like me can get a bit self-conscious if that happens too often."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:02 am

"Mmm... well, traditionally most Unicorn sitting is done on horse, hm?"

She gives a small grin, "Lesson learned, neh?"
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:04 am

He chuckled, "I guess so... Speaking of which... do you have a horse to run away from me on? I need to know... for... reasons."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:09 am

Yukarin shook her head, "Believe it or not, there aren't as many rideable horses as Unicorn samurai. Diplomats like myself do not actually get a dedicated horse of our own on gempukku; It is seen as a waste since we spend more time indoors than out, unlike most Unicorn samurai."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:13 am

He smiled, "Well that's a relief for a lot of reasons. At least I know I can run you down if you ever bolt away. Not another massive mouth to feed... I know nothing about horses or how to ride them... It's nice to know there are Unicorn who can live without them on a daily basis. Makes you seem more relate-able to someone like me than a lady who'd rather spend the day with her horse than with a potential spouse."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields