[D4 EE] Book Club [Ladies Only!]

[D4 EE] Book Club [Ladies Only!]

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:54 pm

The clouds were getting threatening. They were heavy and dark and full of thunder. For fear of drenching the participants, the musical display had been cancelled and Amaya abruptly found herself with nothing to do for the next few hours. She wandered towards the Administration Centre. At least there, if the sky opened, she'd be safe from the rain.

---

(( Welcome! Let's gossip about the men! ))
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Re: [D4 EE] Book Club [Ladies Only!]

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:58 pm

Khulun dismounts and secures Oguro she rubs his neck and whispers soothing words and then feeds him oats and says, “Be good Ogi-kun, I know you can smell the storm coming.”

Satisfied with that she turns and enters the building and looks for the Ide and says, “Sayyed Amaya, got yourself a pretty husband yet?”

She stays at the door removing her thick boots, damn dainty Rokugani buildings.
Last edited by Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:59 pm

Iuchi Yukarin sat lounging nearby. She had brought books... but they seemed superfluous at the moment. So she simply relaxed, listening to the sounds of the rain as she waited.
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:02 pm

Khulun looks at the books and says, “Are we going to be reading?”
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:05 pm

"I... don't know. I imagined a book club would need books though~"

She fiddled with the cover to a book as she looked down at it.
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:12 pm

"Khulun-San, Yukarin-San, it is good to see you, I trust you are well, and none so worse for wear after the egg hunt this morning?" She moves to heat water for tea, wishing it was sake.

"Mayhaps I have, Khulun-San, Fortunes be kind. I hear you have laid claim to a husband for yourself?"
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:18 pm

“I have laid several claims, I might just need a few extra horses to bring them all home,” she jokes.

“What books you have there,” she gestures at Yukarin’s books.
Moto Khulun

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:48 pm

"Well... this one with the red cover is a copy of the Tao written in Mekhem attached to the '47 Sayings of Mekhem', by a member of the Eleventh Tribe. The one with the green cover is something called 'The Amak Artus', some sort of book on meditations from the Ivory Kingdoms. The one with the orange cover is a book of art critiques by one 'Shiba Duse'... and this small one is a pillowbook by a Moto Khatalan."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:49 pm

She gestures for the pillow book because it had Moto name, she hoped that would mean it was not boring. She says, “You read all these?”
Moto Khulun

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:54 pm

She shook her head, "Only this one."

Yukarin patted the pillowbook Khulun had gestured to, "I only just got the Crane book, and I don't know how to read Mekhem or Ivindi yet."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:56 pm

“Lots of fighting or just words on words?” she asks about the books.
Moto Khulun

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:01 pm

Half listening, Amaya begins to prepare tea. She can smell electricity in the air and the sky seems to be so close that if one stepped outside, they could reach up and touch it.

Ide Amaya

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:04 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:“Lots of fighting or just words on words?” she asks about the books.

Yukarin scratched her head a little, "Well, books ARE all words, Moto-san. Even when they're about fighting. I imagine the spiritual books have little fighting in them though, same with the book on art. The Moto's pillowbook certainly talks a bit about such things."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:07 pm

“Well you found a pretty husband to read books with? I hear the Phoenix like that stuff,” she says changing the subject.

“And you Sayyeda Amaya, I hear you have been surrounded by suitors.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:15 pm

"Not so many as you, I think," and she laughs softly. She pours the hot water and the aroma rises with the steam. "I have been fortunate to have a few meetings. I have grown quite fond of one of the Imperial men, Seppun Hideo-Sama."

"What of you? Do you have a favourite, or will we be making them battle it out for the honour of your hand?"

Ide Amaya

Next

Return to The Administrative Center