[D4 EM] Tea for Two & a Third Wheel (Mizuki's Room) [Closed]

[D4 EM] Tea for Two & a Third Wheel (Mizuki's Room) [Closed]

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:57 am

Amaya had been directed to the correct room, and waited in the hallway for her cousin. There was something she wanted to ask him. She stifled a yawn, it was far too early for her taste, and the day was going to be long, far too long. She'd lightly applied her makeup, but had not yet had tea, and she didn't feel quite awake just yet.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Re: [D4 EM] Tea for Two & a Third Wheel (Mizuki's Room) [Clo

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:08 am

The servants brought up a variety of foods and some tea to Mizuki's room.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:02 am

Sometime later Dong-Ha, dressed in his usual grey and purple robes walked down the hallway, his charms jingling as he did so. Spotting Amaya, the young mystic greeted her. "Good morning, Ide-san."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:11 am

A polite nod, "Dong-Ha-San, before we go in, if I might ask you something?"

"I am told that there are spells that can be used to divine the history of an artefact. Are you familiar with this at all?"
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:20 am

"Sure?" he nodded at her. "And yes, yes there are such magics. Why?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:22 am

"You have heard of the trinket Khulun was given? Perhaps such a spell could tell us... something more?"

With a quick intake of breath, "but, your date is waiting, and there will be time for such things later. Shall we?" and she taps lightly on the door frame.

Ide Amaya

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:45 am

"Yes.. she asked me to do that, and I did... and I told her what I know. Why?" He wasn't sure where she was going with this. "It's an ancient bauble, tied to the history of our clan."

Either way, Dong-Ha was more presentable than the day before, having shaved the stubble that had grown on his chin and having plated his mostly combed hair. He still wore the same rugged robes, however.

"Certainly." Dong-Ha gulped, unsure what to expect.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:41 pm

Mizuki answers the door wearing a simple kimono in Scorpion colors. She's not wearing a mask. You will notice she looks more like the visiting Crane than the visiting Scorpion. She has eyes of blue. And her hair is a natural white.

Mizuki bows. "Hello, this one is Yogo Mizuki. Please come in."

After introductions, Mizuki invites them to sit for breakfast. The breakfast has plenty of traditional Unicorn foods for the guest. At Mizuki's seat, there is only a simply bowl of rice.

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Amaya manages not to let her mouth fall open at the sight. She had met the Scorpion woman shortly after her arrival and though she had not known what to imagine was behind the mask, this certainly hadn't figured into the equation.

"You are most gracious, Yogo-Sama, thank you."

Ide Amaya

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:40 pm

"Thank you." Dong-Ha quips as he bows to the eerie woman. "Thank you for your invitation, Yogo-sama." he adds, having founded seating for himself. "I am Iuchi Dong-Ha, son of Iuchi Dong-Suk, though I take that Yogo-sama has heard from me..." he turned to glance at Amaya who had set up the occasion.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:18 pm

Mizuki nods. "Hai. You impressed my kinsmen, Bayushi Suteichi. I've been looking forward to meeting an Iuchi, and he suggested you. I am interested in learning about your Family and it's traditions."

Mizuki takes a sip of tea. "Although I am not blessed with the gift to speak to the kami, the Yogo Family are a family of powerful shugenja. My parents and siblings are all shugenja. I certainly interested in seeing if we are compatible."

Mizuki nods towards her mask sitting off to the side. "Normally, I would have worn a mask. It is a tradition of my Clan. But I understand it bothers some among your Clan and that I want us to be open and honest with each."

Mizuki gives a small bow as a wave of nausea hits. "Forgive me for being so blunt, Iuchi-san. I serve in the Yogo Family's other tradition of being watching out for financial interests of our Clan. This has left me a little more willing more direct than most."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:39 pm

"Ah, I am sure Bayushi-san was merely being polite. I am not... extraordinary by any means." he offered her yet another humble bow. Then he took a spit-take, or would have if he had had tea in his mouth. It sounded like Mizuki was discussing marriage much like the horse breeders discussed breeding horses. "Ahem..." blush crept on Dong-Ha's cheeks as he turned to regard Amaya. What have you gotten me into... Returning his attention to the Yogo, he added. "If Yogo-sama has any questions, I will do my best to answer."

Regaining what remained of his on, he brushed imaginary dust of his robes, considering how to respond. "Ah, thank you. Yogo-sama is most kind." Dong-Ha rewarded her with a shy smile as he regarded her features. He wanted to say that she did not need to bother with such things just for him, but she was a noblewoman and noblewomen did pretty much damn they wanted. Especially if they were Otaku.

"Financial interests... meaning that Yogo-sama is involved in trade, yes?" Dong-Ha asked carefully.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:44 pm

Amaya had nodded quietly, recalling their picnic the day before last. She glanced sideways at Dong-Ha, noting the blush but mistaking it instead for approval of the Scorpion's attractive countenance.

Ide Amaya

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:48 pm

Mizuki nods. "Hai. I am proud of my Family. If could not take up the role of a shugenja, I focused my energies to helping in our other traditional role within the Clan. I have created trade with the Lion that has gone quite well. I have plans further expanding such trade."

Mizuki feels a lump in her stomach. She's not sure if it's food or what she has to say next. "How much do you know of the Yogo Family?"

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:05 pm

"I see." Dong-Ha nodded. "You are neighbors after all, yes." he still felt flustered after her direct proclamation. "I am afraid... I do not know much. I have heard of Shosuro and Soshi, the first servants of Bayushi-kami." Dong-Ha noted wanting to reassure his hostess that he wasn't entirely clueless.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Next

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms