Day 3 [EE] Animalistic Behavior (Expecting)

Re: Day 3 [EE] Animalistic Behavior (Expecting)

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:04 am

"My duties? Well, I suppose those will be changing soon, won't they? But in the Sands, those of the Emissary school were responsible for negotiating safe passage through various nomadic tribes' territories, as well as negotiating trade for supplies and information."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:14 pm

"I see... That must have been quite an experience."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:01 pm

"It was. And I'm sure my time here in Rokugan will also be quite the experience," she said with a warm smile, "...may I I ask what Bayushi-sama's duties entail? Are you also a courtier then?"
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:09 pm

"Hai. I am an apprentice courtier and diplomat. In addition to my duties as that I am also a musician and poet." Suteichi took moment to pet a sheep that wandered near him.

"Any talents you care to share with me?"
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:17 pm

"Such as your own? I am afraid I have no skill in any arts or crafts. Generally, when I'm not learning or studying I like reading, socializing, or playing games like Fortunes & Winds or Go."

It... didn't feel like much saying it out loud, and she felt like a non-well-rounded yokel.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:55 pm

He did not give her a blank stare it was just...

"Ah. Fascinating. So the long ride home was quite a journey for you. What can you tell me about it?"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:01 pm

Glad for the change of subject, she picked right up on it, "Ah... it was quite the journey for a child. So much time moving about, rately stopping into a village so a lot of time looking at wagons and horses and the open landscape... Perhaps it was different for other groups, but the one I was in spent most of our time in deserts and plain, not many forests or large bodies of water to break things up..."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:08 pm

"Goodness. That would be a bit...uneventful. So how have things been for you at this miai?"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:19 pm

"More exciting than almost anything I have been part of before; Not all good excitement, I suppose, with getting sick. But Jurojin-Okami showed his mercy and that did not last long."

As the two samurai talked the sheep grew bored with Yukarin and wandered to the other side of the pen.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:41 pm

Suteichi followed her a bit.

"It seems the animals have grown rather tired. I am curious as to how you all herded so many animals for that journey."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:53 pm

"The animals?" her gaze followed his to the bored sheep, "Well, I know horses are immensely helpful in such matters, for a start; Not only do they allow one to better herd animals thanks to mobility, but the horses offer a degree of intimidation and safety thanks to their size."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:06 am

"Hmmm. So have a prospect or two in mind from the miai? Anything that you look for specifically in a spouse?"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:15 am

The Bayushi was certainly straight to the point in everything he said; It was slightly throwing her off.

"Ah... yes, the miai. I have met some interesting men so far, certainly. As to the why of the interest of those I have interest in, that is a bit complex; Or I suppose I should say there are a lot of factors. Certainly a feeling of connection is nice, but intelligence and a reliable demeanor could also be considered as important."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:19 am

That's right. Scholar type...

"Intelligence is a very important aspect to have in a suitable mate. I have always found the best attraction in a sharp mind."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:23 am

"Mmm... well, perhaps intelligence is not quite the right word for it, not that such a quality would go remiss; Cunning and common sense could also fit into that category. It is more that I do not think my marriage life would be a very fruitful with someone rash or ignorant."
Iuchi Yukarin

PreviousNext

Return to Animal Pens