[Day 3 - LA] We could be Heroes... [Unicorn Preferred]

Re: [Day 3 - LA] We could be Heroes... [Unicorn Preferred]

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:26 pm

Saksaha grins at that. "So then." Her eyes find the scabbarded sword where it rests on Khulun's hip. It looks pretty normal in its sheath, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

"Dong-Ha-san said that this sword was made with blood magic. But we have learned other things about blood magic since then, he and I both. It seems that in this land, it is a magic to which only wicked spirits answer, and to use it invites the eyes of evil powers." Her expression has become more serious, watching Khulun's face to see how the other woman reacts to each piece of new information.

"As Dong-Ha-san told it, you do not know where the sword came from before it was given into your family. So we cannot know where it was made. Maybe it comes from somewhere outside Rokugan, where these spirits of hell are fewer, and so there was no ill intent in its forging. But even if this is so, I warn you to be wary of what attention it might attract if you carry it here. For all we know, it may draw the notice of dark beings and corrupted persons. And people of the other clans, who hate the blood magic for good and wise reasons... well, if you tell them the true origin of the sword, they may have their own reactions."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:59 pm

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:Saksaha grins at that. "So then." Her eyes find the scabbarded sword where it rests on Khulun's hip. It looks pretty normal in its sheath, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

"Dong-Ha-san said that this sword was made with blood magic. But we have learned other things about blood magic since then, he and I both. It seems that in this land, it is a magic to which only wicked spirits answer, and to use it invites the eyes of evil powers." Her expression has become more serious, watching Khulun's face to see how the other woman reacts to each piece of new information.

She pulls up to her full height in the saddle and thinks on what she heard, she is not pleased but given everything she has learned in the last few days she is not terribly surprised either. Khulun rests her hand on the hilt and says, “This is troubling news, dark indeed.”

So blood magic is evil, because of course it is.
Iuchi Saksaha wrote:"As Dong-Ha-san told it, you do not know where the sword came from before it was given into your family. So we cannot know where it was made. Maybe it comes from somewhere outside Rokugan, where these spirits of hell are fewer, and so there was no ill intent in its forging. But even if this is so, I warn you to be wary of what attention it might attract if you carry it here. For all we know, it may draw the notice of dark beings and corrupted persons. And people of the other clans, who hate the blood magic for good and wise reasons... well, if you tell them the true origin of the sword, they may have their own reactions."

“Massacre has dark past but thus far has served a noble purpose and it is our only defense against the oni, unless we have found much jade. We are damned if we have no defense or we are damned if we utilize the darkness to defend ourselves.”

Oguro grows restless and she pats his neck and says, “I choose to defend the clan with Massacre, your warning is received cousin. This blade will and has protected the Unicorn. I suggest we tell no one outside the Unicorn of this.”

“We have enough problems as is.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:50 pm

Saksaha nods. That's more or less the answer she expected. "If you must carry it, because we have yet no other way to fight things like that oni, then be cautious. Find jade as soon as you can, spill living blood only at the greatest need. Take my advice and do not wave it around for show, as you did at Ide-san just now."

She rubs her cheek, frowning thoughtfully, and adds, "One other thing. If you ever think you hear the words of spirits, voices only you can hear... do not heed them. Shut them out, find a a priest, find a holy temple... truly," she sighs, "I do not know enough about banishing these hell-spirits yet. But I am told they can speak to anyone, and they answer the call of blood magic at the cost of your immortal soul. If Massacre calls them and they come to you, you must deny them."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:11 pm

She is quiet as the latter part gives her pause but she is resolved and she breathes in deep before she says, “I will heed your advice, I have heard no voices yet and I have had this blade for some time now.”

“I pray you have some trust in me, cousin.”
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:59 am

"I do." Saksaha crosses her arms and nods. "If I did not, I would advise you to get rid of this sword, no matter what its uses." And I probably wouldn't have come alone.

"You are Moto. Half my blood is also, so I know, there is little in this world you fear." She raises dark eyebrows and continues, "My other half is Iuchi, so I also know there are some things it is wise to fear."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:20 am

She nods and says, "Anything else cousin?"
Moto Khulun

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:26 pm

"Just..." Saksaha flips open the leather pouch at her belt and takes something out, "this." She holds it up high enough for Khulun to see from her perch on horseback.

It's a perfectly circular slice of deer antler, shallowly incised with a stylized open eye. The 'black' spaces in the pattern are filled in with tiny runes, and the surface has been rubbed with ink to make the lines stand out against the ivory surface. It hangs from a braided woolen cord whose colored threads no doubt also have some mystical significance.

"To keep the eye of the Fortunes with you, and the eyes of evil turned away."

((Has no actual mechanical function... unless the power of religious belief gives Khulun a bit of positive placebo effect. ;) ))

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:29 pm

“You have my thanks, Sayyeda,” she says respectfully accepting the charm.
Moto Khulun

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:05 am

"Your soul's safety is all the return I ask," Saksaha replies with a solemn nod.

"So... ride back together?"

She half-turns toward her buckskin mare, who has wandered closer to its mistress during this quieter exchange, in spite of the loose hobbles fastened around its forelegs slowing it down.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:53 am

"Let us catch the wind together, sister," she says proudly.
Moto Khulun

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:42 pm

"Good," Saksaha agrees, unlooping the buckskin mare's hobbles and swinging herself easily up to the high saddle. It doesn't take much persuasion to nudge her well-rested horse into an easy canter...

/ride off into the sunset?

Iuchi Saksaha

Previous

Return to The Western Fields