Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Re: Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:28 pm

What the Fortunes? "Ah, I see!" Hotaru concurred with the Moto with passing politeness. She did her best to maintain her smile as she was internally fighting down the begrudging sentiment that he spoke of ninja like it was such a casual word, like a hero than an evil boogieman of the night. A part of her wondered how that word was taught to the Moto or who fed it to them. That person was going to need a talking to.

"That's pretty sneaky of them. I...I didn't know there was there were different stones in this game. I always thought there were only white and black stones. It seems you know more about the game from just playing it. That's pretty good. If the black side has those type of stones and then what does the white player have to balance that. do they also have a special stone that looks exactly like a white stone?" As she asked, she took a glance at a Go table and wondered if she overlooked some obvious difference.

"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself, Moto-san! Sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier. I am Bayushi Hotaru, honoured shrine maiden of the Shining Retreat," she dipped in a quick bow at her introduction.
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:40 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:Somehow he had taken the Hare girl a more level headed person than the tortoise would suggest. Though perhaps her sensei knew her better? "Poppy is a sturdy horse and can easily carry two." Dong-Ha reassured her, glad that he could connect on some level with some of the samurai. Alien as the empire felt, at least there were like minded souls.

"I don't know... everything." he chuckled, spreading his arms as if to show that there was little he knew. "What happened after the Ki-Rin left? What became of those us who remained?" Dong-Ha looked her markedly, recalling that she had mentioned the Fox. "Why are the Seppun so haughty, when the stories paint Seppun-dono as a humble woman?"

While Tomoe was often fairly level-headed, she was also a young teenage girl with a daring spirit.

"You certainly aren't asking for the short answers," Tomoe said with a gentle laugh in her voice, her eyes echoing her good humour. "I shall certainly have to prepare myself for when we meet again, so I can answer to the best of my abilities. I don't know everything either, but I certainly try to..." she blushed a little at her own small attempt at bragging.

"Is Poppy a war-horse like the Otaku steeds, or more of a docile riding horse...?"
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:43 pm

Togashi Udo wrote:"Perhaps we will play again sometime," Udo says with a smile.

He stands and looks around to see if anyone is free to chat...

With the Matsu and the Moto now publicly comparing their 'swords', the Doji courtier made her bows and slipped into the host's wake to find.....something that was not that.

This found her washed up on the shores of Togashi Udo.

She politely bowed to him.

"Togashi-san, we have not met yet." she offered politely. "I am Doji Fukawa. Have you had rice today?"
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Baatar on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:43 pm

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:"That's pretty sneaky of them. I...I didn't know there was there were different stones in this game. I always thought there were only white and black stones. It seems you know more about the game from just playing it. That's pretty good. If the black side has those type of stones and then what does the white player have to balance that. do they also have a special stone that looks exactly like a white stone?" As she asked, she took a glance at a Go table and wondered if she overlooked some obvious difference.

"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself, Moto-san! Sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier. I am Bayushi Hotaru, honoured shrine maiden of the Shining Retreat," she dipped in a quick bow at her introduction.

"Yes, I thought it was just white and black stones too, until they showed me how to play. It's surprising how much hidden depth there is in the game," the young Unicorn proudly mansplained with all the experience of having played exactly once.

"I'm Moto Baatar, a rider with the Unicorn," he said in answer to Hotaru's introduction. "So you're a shrine maiden? That's a kind of priestess, right? How come you're so far from your shrine?"
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:47 pm

With the Doji slipping away the Moto shrugs and walks over to her cousin Baatar to see the pretty thing he was chatting with and says, “Sayyed Baatar, who is this young beauty you have snagged for your yurt?”

She looks familiar… maybe?
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:50 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:While Tomoe was often fairly level-headed, she was also a young teenage girl with a daring spirit.

"You certainly aren't asking for the short answers," Tomoe said with a gentle laugh in her voice, her eyes echoing her good humour. "I shall certainly have to prepare myself for when we meet again, so I can answer to the best of my abilities. I don't know everything either, but I certainly try to..." she blushed a little at her own small attempt at bragging.

"Is Poppy a war-horse like the Otaku steeds, or more of a docile riding horse...?"

"If the answers were short, maybe I'd have them already!" Dong-Ha chuckled, leaning towards the Hare almost spontaneously, though he did not touch her. Smart and cute... "I'll look forward to it, Usagi-san." A curt nodded as if he was trying to convince her of the fact.

"She's a... former baggage horse." the young man muttered, somewhat embarrassed by the fact. "Warhorses require a lot of time and effort to train and... since I am not first to ride into battle..." he let her to draw the conclusions without having to spell them out. "Better that way really. A good warhorse has a bit mean character... mean enough to bite or kick people out of spite." Dong-Ha added shyly.

"So.. maybe tomorrow?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Moto Baatar on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:52 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:With the Doji slipping away the Moto shrugs and walks over to her cousin Baatar to see the pretty thing he was chatting with and says, “Sayyed Baatar, who is this young beauty you have snagged for your yurt?”

"Oh, heya cousin!" Baatar said, nodding to Khulun. "This is Bayushi Hateru .. uh... I mean, Hotaru."

"She's a shrine maiden," he explained. "They're kind of a big deal."
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:57 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"If the answers were short, maybe I'd have them already!" Dong-Ha chuckled, leaning towards the Hare almost spontaneously, though he did not touch her. Smart and cute... "I'll look forward to it, Usagi-san." A curt nodded as if he was trying to convince her of the fact.

"She's a... former baggage horse." the young man muttered, somewhat embarrassed by the fact. "Warhorses require a lot of time and effort to train and... since I am not first to ride into battle..." he let her to draw the conclusions without having to spell them out. "Better that way really. A good warhorse has a bit mean character... mean enough to bite or kick people out of spite." Dong-Ha added shyly.

"So.. maybe tomorrow?"

Apart from her usual plans, Tomoe couldn't think of anything that would get in the way of such a meeting, and she nodded. "Tomorrow sounds good, Iuchi-san. I look forward to it," she smiled brightly.

"It's probably for the best she's not a warhorse then," she offered, sensing he was perhaps a little embarrassed. "I might have a knack with animals, but I've never tried to reason with a warhorse before. I mean, the warhorses of the Unicorn are probably very well-trained and disciplined, but as you say, they can have a bit of a mean streak. Someone like Poppy sounds much better for someone like me who's never been on a horse before."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:04 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:Apart from her usual plans, Tomoe couldn't think of anything that would get in the way of such a meeting, and she nodded. "Tomorrow sounds good, Iuchi-san. I look forward to it," she smiled brightly.

"It's probably for the best she's not a warhorse then," she offered, sensing he was perhaps a little embarrassed. "I might have a knack with animals, but I've never tried to reason with a warhorse before. I mean, the warhorses of the Unicorn are probably very well-trained and disciplined, but as you say, they can have a bit of a mean streak. Someone like Poppy sounds much better for someone like me who's never been on a horse before."

"Le's meet after the event, so we don't have to worry about that (*)" he suggested, happy to see her smile. "it's agreed then."

"Yes, exactly so. She's a gentle horse that got me safely to Rokugan. I wouldn't change her for the bravest of warhorses." There was certain pride in his voice. "And she's used to carrying more than one person. She used to carry my siblings before... before they went missing."

"I guess... I could bring some snacks, so we have something to eat while we exchange stories?"

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:05 pm

"Hm. Maybe now I have to look into playing the game too. I thought it was merely about positioning, with white stones and black stones eating each other. It seems there's apparently another dramatic layer to this game..." She nodded thoughtfully.

"Pleased to meet you, Moto Batarru-san!" She said with a bright smile. "Hai! something to that effect, I guess you could consider me something of a junior priestess and a conduit of kami. My shrine is found east of the River of Gold, just between Hotei Seido. It's my first time out of the Scorpion lands but I'm glad I've made the trek."

"Heh?!" She blurted out, looking dumbfounded by the other Moto's words, all while wondering if had found herself suddenly in a Moto arranged marriage. Wasn't there a system in place where such barbaric things didn't happen? Please don't drag me back to your yurt, we just met!

"Hai, Bayushi Hotaru." She reiterated with a reapplied smile, bowing to the older Moto. "Not that big of a deal, a slight deal! Ahaha..."

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:13 pm

“A priestess,” she nods and adds, “She is quite pretty.”

“Moto Khulun, tamer of Lions and wielder of Massacre; my uncle is the Hammer of the Unicorn, it is known. Sayyed Baatar is one of our youngest swords, but he is blooded and a fierce fighter. I would ride with him into battle any day, and he can hold his kumis well.”

“Slight deal is better than no deal, I think.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:17 pm

Doji Fukawa wrote:With the Matsu and the Moto now publicly comparing their 'swords', the Doji courtier made her bows and slipped into the host's wake to find.....something that was not that.

This found her washed up on the shores of Togashi Udo.

She politely bowed to him.

"Togashi-san, we have not met yet." she offered politely. "I am Doji Fukawa. Have you had rice today?"
'

Udo bowed back to the Crane. "Doji-san, a pleasure to meet you. This one is Togashi Udo."

He gestures toward the small game board he was playing... whatever you would call what he played with Bataar... to invite the Doji to join him. "If you would like to play... though you may find me an easy match."
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:29 pm

The Moto departure made him sigh. He composed himself and decided that the evening was over for him, leaving as silently as he arrived.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:29 pm

"Ahah, thank you..." She said with a small smile, as much as she can when she was viewed like some good at a market. "Pleased to meet you, Moto Kurun-san. Both of you seem like bigger deals in comparison, given the amount of fighting you've done. And the kumis too, I never knew you so fierce too, Moto Bataru-san!"

She scrambled to find another topic that wasn't about beating things to death or any think with milk products. "...do they have board games like Go, among the Unicorn?"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:30 pm

Fukawa bowed to the Togashi and joined him.

"To be honest with you Togashi-san, I've never actually played Go." she admits. "It is, after all, a simulation of war, which is not something I find appealing."

She looks over the board.

"However, the purpose of this games night is truly to have an excuse to converse with different people, ne? If one must play Go to do so, that is the price one pays." she says politely.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts