(D2, LE) More Like... Balm Start Mojo! (Subjects are Hard)

Re: (D2, LE) More Like... Balm Start Mojo! (Subjects are Har

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:52 am

"Oh I see. So the Dragonfly joined the Dragon, and Mirumoto have multiple schools of swordsmanship. Please forgive my ignorance of such things Tonbo-sama, I did not even know there had been a Dragonfly clan."

She thought back to the legends taught to the Otaku and recalled the Dragon Thunder Mirumoto.

"Ah yes, Mirumoto was famed for his skills and his twin swords. Is this a newer school then? This Taoist school? It sounds very calming."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Tonbo Misa on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:38 pm

"The Dragonfly were founded less than a century ago, and joined the Dragon only very recently. It is not something the Unicorn would know of Otaku-sama." The was a soft sadness underlying Misa's tone at that, but it brightened a little as she shifted subject.

"As for the Taoist Swordsmen school, I am uncertain when it was founded. Some say it as old as Mirumoto himself. Its warrior focus is in putting all of your soul into a single strike, be that in battle or a duel. It is for that reason, in part, that meditation and austerity are both practiced."
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:19 pm

"Ah, I see." Imane noted the sadness and did not pry. None of the minor clans had existed before her people left the Empire.

"This taoist school you follow sounds like a philosophy as much as a style. Very interesting." He tone softened a little. "But you must forgive me Tonbo-sama​, I am all questions. Perhaps you would care to know more about the Unicorn?"
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Otaku Imane

Postby Tonbo Misa on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:00 pm

Misa gave a bright smile at that. "You've already told me much of the Unicorn just by asking about myself. I would only ask you to stop if you felt you'd asked all you wished Otaku-san."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:21 am

There was a almost a giggle from the Otaku at that and she cleared her throat to return to adulting mode.

"In that case we may be here some time Tonbo-sama, shall we stretch as we talk? I would love to know: what is the story about your tattooed people? I noticed one of them at the opening ceremony. He had a big hat and a Lion and Crane tattoo. I have yet to meet one, but I heard that it was a tattooed woman who helped to guide my people home!"
Otaku Imane

Postby Tonbo Misa on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:31 am

After a nod Misa fell into some simple kata for flexibility and stretching. "The Togashi? Ah, you speak of Togashi Udo-san. I fear he would be the one to ask deeper about the ise zumi, as they are called, for they've always been deeply mysterious. I know that supposedly they are given their tattoo's as a sign of their connection to Togashi-kami, who founded the order to seek understanding and wisdom."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:59 pm

"Iz-tse zhu-mae? I-say zoomee?" She puzzled over it for a few moments, joining the Dragon in some stretching. Her tendons were a little stiff from the running and riding earlier that day.

"Ah, this is the name for the tattooed warriors of Togashi-no-Kami. So they are a school of their own? But you called them an 'order'. This is different?"

She focused on her breathing for a minute before continuing. "Yes, I should meet this Togashi Udo-san. The Dragon have been good friends to the Unicorn so i would like to know more about your families and their ways."
Otaku Imane

Postby Tonbo Misa on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:48 pm

Misa gave a small nod for the sake of the visual. "The Tattooed Togashi are only in part a school, because they are only in part samurai. They are as much if not more so monks, making their teachings as much an order as a school. Many retire from ever going out into public life, some travel on their own volition, and so on. Anything you would see a monk doing, you will see a Togashi doing the same."

She paused in her stretching to grin a bit. "I can certainly arrange a meeting between you and Togashi-san. He is a wise man from what I've seen, and he could teach you just as much as he would wish to learn from you."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:45 pm

She thought about this and decided a meeting would help to make sense of the Togashi.

"Yes, please Tonbo-sama. I think it would be good to meet this man and hear what his order means to him. Perhaps there​ is one amongst my kin who you would care to meet? We could then have a meeting of four minds, perhaps over tea or coffee."
Otaku Imane

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:12 pm

Misa softly chewed her lower lip in thought a moment. "I am not certain there is some one person I would Otaku-san. If I let him know for the fifth day of the miai, would that be enough time? Perhaps even the fourth, if you wish more time."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Previous

Return to Calm Heart Dojo