Dinner Party [D3, EE, OPEN]

Re: Dinner Party [D3, EE, OPEN]

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:01 pm

Ichiro Daisuke wrote:"That's understandable, we weren't formed until the Unicorn left the Empire after all. As for the Badger, after your clans departure the emperor felt the need for someone to guard the Pass of Woe that you departed from. We are the ones that serve that role, defending the Empire from any potential invaders."

As they moved he led her in the direction of the table contains sake. "Something in the middle then." He said as he began scanning the bottles for something he might recognize. "I'd admit I'm more knowledgeable about Crane blends, but there are some here I recognize." At last he picked one and poured a cup for each of them. "Golden Carp's Ginju-shu, I hope you like it."

Imane seemed interested in the idea of invaders.

"I see, so the Badger have guarded the pass for hundreds of years? Have you fought many invaders in recent times? I remember hearing something about invading tribes."

She wondered if they were former Ujik-hai or some other steppe people.

"Golden carp? A carp is a..." Peering at the bottle she decided it had to be a fish. "... type of fish of course. Thank you Ichiro-san, I look forward to tasting it."

Imane raised the cup. "Fe sahatek!"
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:04 pm

Arriving late, attracted by the sounds and smells, Hiroji entered the tent, looking nervously around him at the mass of people, before obliging himself to a cup of sake.
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:14 pm

Otaku Imane wrote:Imane seemed interested in the idea of invaders.

"I see, so the Badger have guarded the pass for hundreds of years? Have you fought many invaders in recent times? I remember hearing something about invading tribes."

She wondered if they were former Ujik-hai or some other steppe people.

"Golden carp? A carp is a..." Peering at the bottle she decided it had to be a fish. "... type of fish of course. Thank you Ichiro-san, I look forward to tasting it."

Imane raised the cup. "Fe sahatek!"

"Yes, quite a few in recent years. They seem to be more organized then usual as well. Different groups all attacking together, with strange weapons and more advanced tactics. It's been troublesome to deal with."

It seemed like they had some new kind of leadership or something.

"Yes, not the tastiest fish either, at least in my opinion. But this sake is a different story, its a crab blend and they are some of the best brewers in the Empire. So I hope you enjoy it."

He didn't understand the words she said but it seemed to be a toast, so he raised his glass and joined her. "Kampai."
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:
Yogo Mizuki wrote:"I may need some sake to some of them." Hmm... I'm sure a Lion bushi would have a different opinion of fun stories than Scorpion courtiers. May have to be careful with what I share.

She smiles. "Sake is sometimes fuel for the best of stories. Speaking of which, I have not filled my cup as of yet. Do you have any recommendations, having been here longer than I?"

Mizuki shakes her head. "I admit. After the first night, I haven't been quite so adventurous. I have mainly stuck to water and tea that Suteichi-kun or I have brought."
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Matsu Yurio on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:27 pm

Alone and now at a bit of a loss, Yurio just stood by the food tables.

/pm if approaching pls.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:48 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:
Yogo Mizuki wrote:"I may need some sake to some of them." Hmm... I'm sure a Lion bushi would have a different opinion of fun stories than Scorpion courtiers. May have to be careful with what I share.

She smiles. "Sake is sometimes fuel for the best of stories. Speaking of which, I have not filled my cup as of yet. Do you have any recommendations, having been here longer than I?"

Mizuki shakes her head. "I admit. After the first night, I haven't been quite so adventurous. I have mainly stuck to water and tea that Suteichi-kun or I have brought."

Kogo looks at the selection. "I think I will venture to try some. Would you care to join me Yogo-san, or would you prefer some tea?"
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:31 pm

Ichiro Daisuke wrote:"Yes, quite a few in recent years. They seem to be more organized then usual as well. Different groups all attacking together, with strange weapons and more advanced tactics. It's been troublesome to deal with."

It seemed like they had some new kind of leadership or something.

"Yes, not the tastiest fish either, at least in my opinion. But this sake is a different story, its a crab blend and they are some of the best brewers in the Empire. So I hope you enjoy it."

He didn't understand the words she said but it seemed to be a toast, so he raised his glass and joined her. "Kampai."

Imane knocked back the sake, savouring the taste. It was not as powerful as the shochu so there was more to it, complexity. She decided she liked complexity.

"Very nice Ichiro-san, I think I prefer this to the shochu. Shall we have a second? I must speak to some Crab then: I have yet to meet any." She quickly refilled their cups but didn't drink it immediately, instead she looked for some of that tasty red fish she had tried at the Ide meal.

"So these organised invaders are using strange weapons and tactics? Can you tell me anything about those? Perhaps my people have encountered something similar in our travels that might help."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:00 am

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo looks at the selection. "I think I will venture to try some. Would you care to join me Yogo-san, or would you prefer some tea?"

Mizuki smiled. "What kind of allies would the Scorpion be if we allowed our allies to go it alone?"

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:07 am

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:
Shimizu Ryori wrote:"Hai that they have, some times they try too hard " he smiles and sips the sochu " but thier heart for the most part seems to be in the right place"

"Huh, yeah, I suppose." Tomonaga smiled as well. "You know, I really do admire their heart being in the right place, though, even if the result is sometimes a little mixed. That counts for a lot, I say."

Tomonaga took a sip from his cup, his eyebrows going up. "Well! That is really good." He smiled at Ryori. "Don't tell my family I said so, though. Don't know if they'd want me admitting that sort of thing."

He smiles "The Ikoma know how to get someone drunk, they say the great storyteller came up with that recipe specifically so he had an excuse to start bar brawls anytime he wanted "

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:35 am

Shimizu Ryori wrote:He smiles "The Ikoma know how to get someone drunk, they say the great storyteller came up with that recipe specifically so he had an excuse to start bar brawls anytime he wanted "

Tomonaga raised his eyebrows at Ryori, although he was still smiling. "Are you trying to tell me something, Shimizu-san? I hope you're not saying you want to start a brawl with me."

He looked into his cup. "Although actually, that's harder than you'd think. Not enough alcohol content, and people won't cut loose. Too much, and it'd end with them sleeping under tables, instead."

Reminded by 'under tables', he glanced down at the small-l lion on the floor. He cleared his throat, but didn't say anything. Is it polite to ask about a Lion's lion? The things they don't teach you...
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:36 am

Yogo Mizuki wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo looks at the selection. "I think I will venture to try some. Would you care to join me Yogo-san, or would you prefer some tea?"

Mizuki smiled. "What kind of allies would the Scorpion be if we allowed our allies to go it alone?"

Kogo smiles at her. "Lovely words Yogo-san. Let's drink." She ventures over to the sake table, trying to choose from the selection.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:41 am

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:
Shimizu Ryori wrote:He smiles "The Ikoma know how to get someone drunk, they say the great storyteller came up with that recipe specifically so he had an excuse to start bar brawls anytime he wanted "

Tomonaga raised his eyebrows at Ryori, although he was still smiling. "Are you trying to tell me something, Shimizu-san? I hope you're not saying you want to start a brawl with me."

He looked into his cup. "Although actually, that's harder than you'd think. Not enough alcohol content, and people won't cut loose. Too much, and it'd end with them sleeping under tables, instead."

Reminded by 'under tables', he glanced down at the small-l lion on the floor. He cleared his throat, but didn't say anything. Is it polite to ask about a Lion's lion? The things they don't teach you...

'No I was not trying to start a brawl, I think the Mantis would not enjoy that at all." he smiles and follows the Yasuki's eyes "have you met my sister? This is Matsu Kyra, she is one of the great warcats if the Matsu, Kyra chan say hi to Yasuki sama, " Kyra rises then sttrtches, front paws out rear haunches up, hwad in the Yasuki's direction"

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:43 am

Mizuki follows. She decides to let the Lion pick. That way if things turn sour, it'll be her fault. Shift the blame. Yes, sensei would be proud.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:51 am

Otaku Imane wrote:
Imane knocked back the sake, savouring the taste. It was not as powerful as the shochu so there was more to it, complexity. She decided she liked complexity.

"Very nice Ichiro-san, I think I prefer this to the shochu. Shall we have a second? I must speak to some Crab then: I have yet to meet any." She quickly refilled their cups but didn't drink it immediately, instead she looked for some of that tasty red fish she had tried at the Ide meal.

"So these organised invaders are using strange weapons and tactics? Can you tell me anything about those? Perhaps my people have encountered something similar in our travels that might help."

The Badger didn't shy away, emptying his cup as well, some of his school mates would of shook their head at this, but he wasn't going to be outdone by a girl so much smaller then he.

"Aye I drink more Sake myself, but Shochu isn't so bad under the right circumstance, why I packed some of both on my way here." His lips curled into a smile. "A second would be nice, thank you." As she turned to the food he looked in that direction as well. "Any of the fish dishes should be a real treat, Mantis chefs are some of the best in the empire when it comes to seafood."

"Yes, and I suppose their most identifying feature would be their mounts. They ride giant lizards the size of your warhorses into battle, as strange as that may sound."
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:00 am

Finding himself surrounded by Minor Clan women an all sides Butaj doesn't know what direction he should turn to so he turns to sit with his back to the table. "Hello, Yuzuki of the Mantis Clan. Nice party. Butaj has come to have a few so he won't refuse." He offers the Mantis a handshake.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts