[D3 EE] Rabbit Hunting

Re: [D3 EE] Rabbit Hunting

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:04 pm

"If Iuchiban were to re-appear, then yes, the clans would easily rally to stand against him, as this happened in recent memory. I think most samurai you encounter here was touched by last attack on the Empire eight years ago, even if they were not old enough to fight, they will have lost family and friends to his attack or the after-effects of his undead army."

She frowned a little. "This Onyx Champion is... still a very unknown factor. The Asako Inquisitors, Jade Magistrates, or the Crab in the south, most likely know more than what little I have heard about him. He has made no attempts to attack the Empire as far as I've heard. But a subtle enemy is often more dangerous than the obvious one... even Iuchiban must have waited and plotted for a long time before deciding to strike."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:10 pm

Chi-Pu nods and looks at the floor, clearly uneasy with all that she is learning.

"There is so much to learn. I am sorry for troubling you so with this burden. After the Dark Ride though I vowed to never let my sisters fight an unknown enemy. This Oni was just the first of many attacks, wasn't it? Like a scout..."
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:15 pm

The Hare might be frowning, considering the topic was hardly a cheerful one, but she held up very well without showing any unease about such darkness.

This was her Duty. She would not shirk from it.

"I... don't know. Fairuz-sama said it was called here?" Tomoe looked to the Jade Sahir.
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:20 pm

“My blade is ever at the ready for you, Otaku-nikutai and Otaku-hime even if she is less than happy with my decisions,” she says dryly.

“How you call oni… is that more black magic?” she says as she makes a warding motion with her hands.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:27 pm

Chi-Pu looks Khulun in the eyes again

"Thunder and Lightning, as you say."

She continues to stare at the woman for a moment more, silent words being said from her own eyes.

"Rabbit-san, Fairuz-san, you mentioned ways the other day. That this Oni was summoned from one of our own, who was destroyed when the thing was summoned, Iuchi Tareef... That there are things that take blood and grant power. The Iuchi do not practice blood magics though, they use meishodo. Are there other ways for these demons to be brought here?"

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Fairuz Kaiya on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:24 am

Kaiya shifted a bit. "Hai.. it was summoned here.. the kami were very unambiguous about that. Though I can't imagine it would be done in any sort of scouting role when the foe has these.. dark birds..? at its disposal. More likely Iuchi Tareef was either acting independently, or was coerced into the pact through the trickery of the corrupted spirits. Unless the goal was to probe for jade or other weapons capable of harming an oni, I can't imagine what the goal would be beyond an act of petty destruction fueled by madness from taint."

Especially at the same time that it's trying to fool you into working with it toward some foul end. Why provide the immediate reminder of its nature?

"As far as other methods.. I am not immediately aware of any.."
House Fairuz • Shugenja • Curious • Quantum Horsing
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 3
Carried Items: Flute, journal, knife, miniature go set, scroll satchel, wakizashi, writing kit.
Languages: Mekhem
Fairuz Kaiya

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:40 am

Chi-Pu's frown grows bigger.

"Then it seems the Oni and this Onyx Champion are unrelated. An unfortunate coincidence both occured on the same night. That feels too odd, but perhaps it is the truth. "

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:02 am

"Oni can be called by performing blood magic, offering one's blood and soul to form an unholy pact with kansen. Evil spirits. There are some oni who are... more powerful, and don't answer to such magic. But they are rarely seen in the Empire, thankfully. I admit such fall a little outside of my field of studies, as the Hare are more concerned with hunting down those who practice blasphemous blood magic."

Tomoe offered a comforting smile to the two Unicorn. "Know that you don't have to stand alone against this."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:21 am

Khulun rests her hand on the hilt of her blade and says, “Blood magic… it seems it is not so good, why so? Like black magic?”

“What makes it so different from other magic?” she says as she does a warding motion her hands.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:30 am

"From what I understand, the tribe of Isawa practiced blood magic before the arrival of the Kami, and also in the early days of the Empire. But the once pure magic became twisted and corrupted by the influence of the Ninth Kami, and it has become an Imperial Crime to practice blood magic due to its corrupt nature... it has been like this for centuries now, so it must have happened not long after Lady Shinjo left the Empire."

Tomoe tapped her chin in thought.

"Kansen, the evil spirits, are drawn to the power of blood."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:03 am

She is thoughtful and quiet during the description and then says, “That is good to know thank you. I have nothing else, Rabbit-sensei.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:47 am

"I will remember your offer of alliance, Rabbit-san. For now, per the orders of thos above us we must stsnd alone. It was chance I was even able to speak with you thus far, as you were there for the aftermath. Otaku Kitakuhime-sama has made it clear that Iuchi Dabo-sama wishes for us all to stay silent in the matter"

Chi-Pu sighs.

"There is fear that the Empire will think the Unicorn had brought something evil with us and see us as blight instead of family. Hence the order to stay silent."

She gives a pleading look at the Fairuz

"Again, I am not you and you are not me, and all have their own sworn duties, but please think of what I have been ordered before you tell others"

She gives a low bow

"I thank both of you for speaking about such evil things. This is supposed to be a marriage celebration, and I have darkened your festivities. What can I do in return for your kindness?"

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:31 pm

"In... return?" Tomoe blinked a little.

Well, getting me a good Unicorn-husband I can bring home would be a good start! she thought very briefly, before considering that would be highly inappropriate.

"For now, all I ask in return is the continued good hospitality and vigilance of our hosts. It is my hope to be engaged to a good Unicorn samurai at the end of this miai, that will hopefully join the Hare, but... the future brings what it brings." If Chi-Pu and Khulun would speak well of her to the others, on the other hand, was not inappropriate!
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:37 pm

"I will make sure to spread the world of your knowledge. There are many who would be a match for you. Can you say what characteristics you are looking for to help narrow it down?"

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:44 pm

"Put her in an Iuchi yurt, they can talk themselves to death about all the ten-shousand mysteries of the world," she says with a grin.
Moto Khulun

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts