Far Afield (D3, EM)

Far Afield (D3, EM)

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:04 am

Iuchi Yukarin wasn't normally much for hiking. But it was such a beautiful morning, and she was so glad to feel better than yesterday morning... Well, she'd sent out a letter to Soshi-sama saying she was heading out early to beat the day's heat, so there she found herself.
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Re: D3, EM - Far Afield

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:12 am

And the young Scorpion adventurer rose early to meet with his Iuchi host. As he approached a thin smile covered his lips and he bowed a greeting. "Good morning Iuchi-san. It's was nice to wake up first thing and find your letter."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:18 am

"I'm just glad you got it. Not that finding this nice spot out here alone would have been a complete waste. Did you wish to sit a while or walk, Soshi-sama?"

Yukarin's hair fluttered a bit in the refreshing breeze where she sat, legs crossed and sticking slightly out of her robes as she sat on a rock. (ooc - sig pic for reference)
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:20 am

He smiled and nodded with his head out towards the open fields, "Why don't we take a bit of a walk. I'll show you what I've been workin' on. Get to know what I do a bit more."

He waited for her to join him.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:31 am

Picking up the small cup next to her she downed whatever was in it before packing the cup away, hopping off the rock with a nod, "Hai, that sounds like a plan."

She falls in step with him.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:55 am

He led the way along a small path that led through some tall grass; just wide enough for the two of them to walk side-by-side.

"So... what would you like to know about me fair Ms. Iuchi?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:05 am

"Oh, is that the way it's going to be now? Flattery and free reign on questions?"

She asked this is a very curious voice, walking with her hands behind her back.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:39 am

He chuckled, somewhat nervously, "Not if you don't care for either of those things. I guessed you were a curious woman, so rather than restrict what you get to learn about me, figured I'd open up to any question you got. Despite being a Scorpion, I got nothing to hide."

He smiled, "And the flattery thing... well I just call 'em as I see 'em."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:00 pm

"Truthful flattery will get you everywhere with me... Well, flattery and a good meal. But you're right, I ~do~ have a lot of questions."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:08 pm

He smiled, "Then fire away."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:09 pm

"..."

She paused a moment before chuckling, "And now you've put me on the spot. I suppose I will start with something simple then; Can you tell be a bit about your family life growing up?"
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:17 pm

He smiled and nodded, "Sure. My dad's a magistrate in Ryoko Owari now... recently got moved over there after a bit of ugliness a couple years ago. Before that the family was located near Shiro Soshi. Mom's a priestess of the Soshi school. Older brother who was born with the 'gift'... meaning he too is now a priest. Younger brother behind me as well, still in school."

He looked to her face with his warm expression as he spoke, "I followed the path of my dad. Taught in our magistrate school to deal with vagrants and law-breaking types. I was never a fully conventional Soshi... I'm a bit more out-going and active than some of my cousins. Always liked the outdoors and finding new places to go and things to see."

He smiled as he looked to their destination again, "Dad got me a decent posting out working with the Hare clan and the new Piranha out at the Shinomen. I run around doing basic law-keeping duties and mapping of the Shinomen. Tons of cool stories from the woods... lots of interesting discoveries for sure."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:26 pm

"So you enjoy the outdoors then? Is that in a very in depth sense with camping and knowledge of survival and such, or more casually?"

She keeps walking alongside him, her big curious eyes never leaving him as they continued to walk.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:35 pm

He smiled and chuckled, "More the former than the latter at this point. One doesn't casually go around the Shinomen."

He then looked at her with adventure in his eyes, "But the wonderful thing is that the more accustomed you get with the forest, the better stuff you find. It's really a beautiful and terrifying place... Awesome in the truest sense of the word."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:55 pm

"Hmmmm..."

Yukarin looked away thoughtfully before chuckling, still looking ahead, "I am definitely not the outdoors type myself; I think I would panic at the terrifying parts before I could even get to the beautiful parts~"
Iuchi Yukarin

Next

Return to The Western Fields