Party for 2 (D3 EE closed - Hideos Yurt)

Re: Party for 2 (D3 EE closed - Hideos Yurt)

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:54 am

"Three days...and you know nothing else about what you are going to meet? That is very little time to prepare for something that could be a trap" Hideo comments with a small frown "you are an incredible woman Amaya. You have faced terrible things already in your young life and come out stronger. What does your heart say now?"
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:02 am

"I believe the herald speaks true," after all, she was a gullible young thing, "that... he possess information invaluable to the Unicorn. But the shadows speak of alliances, and an ally with a blade to your throat is no ally at all."

Swallowing, "I know one other thing that I have not told."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:06 am

"Alliances with the shadows is not an alliance. It is to welcome something...evil, into your lap. While I would not wish to compare this...being to them, you know the story of the Scorpion and the Frog, neh?"

He paused.

"What is that Amaya-chan?"
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:16 am

"I know, and I would rather sleep on a bed of scorpions," if she recognises the possibility for a double entendre, she gives no sign, "than offer the shadows my unguarded throat."

In response to his second question, she says only, "a name." She doesn't mean to be so unforthcoming, but she fears his response. Would it frighten him? But what if it didn't? Would he know something? Would it be worse if he didn't?
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:20 am

It wasn't a time for double entendres, and Hideo was focused on the topic at hand.

"What is the name?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:28 am

It suddenly seems far too silent, and her whisper seems to fill up the room, "Kiyoshi, Onyx Champion."

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:43 am

Hideo closed his eyes, and took a calming breath before opening them again.

"I can see your reason for hesitation. This is troubling news Amaya-chan. Your kin should not be approaching this man lightly. Nothing good would come from this."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:58 am

She presses against him, but does not know if she seeks to reassure him or is seeking reassurance herself. "I cannot say nothing, Hideo-San. If Shinjo-Kami's token is real and this so-called Champion knows how it was acquired..." she trails off, what would we do with the knowledge, exactly?

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:28 pm

"Forgive me for asking, but how do you know this...Onyx champion didn't take the netsuki himself, and intends to use it to tempt you and your kin into corruption?"

Hideo hugged her gently, stroking her hair.

Amusing that I'm advising her like this...this is why my father chose for me to come

"Am I able to join you and your kin in this, or were you told to bring nobody else?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:56 pm

"Tempt or blind or steal, there is no doubt in me that he intends to corrupt and destroy us. That he intends to corrupt and destroy all of us, not just the Unicorn. But we must hear his words, we must learn if even the smallest truth is sown amongst his lies." This is a new side to Amaya, a passionate one, her small voice growing as she continues. "I would not treat with the sand-tiger, but there is still much the sand-tiger can teach me. If one intends to not fall prey, they must know how to prevent its pounce."

She stops, breathes, calms herself, I sound more like a Moto, more like Khulun. "Ide Dabo-Sama has instructed that the matter be kept within the Clan. He fears that the others will blame us and turn us back out to the Burning Sands as traitors. While this Onyx Champion," she could practically spit at the word, for it implied respect for an opponent's abilities, if not for the opponent themselves, and for this Kiyoshi she had none, "seeks to weaken us by demanding that only one of each family stand to meet him."

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:13 pm

"Amaya" Hideo looked seriously at the girl "do you believe that this being will allow you to just meet with you, learn information, then walk away, with nothing in return? Do you think he will just tell you where he got it from? For how long are you willing to listen to its words? Until you learn something?"

Hideo moves his hands to take hers, and stares deeply into her determined eyes.

"I understand that you want to believe that this could be something you learn with no risk, but by agreeing to meet him and going to meet it one of each of you...do you even have any reason to believe that it will be alone?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:25 pm

She pulls back, surprised, "do not take me for a fool, Hideo-Sama," there is a stiffness there, to cover the hurt. Today she had been named coward, and now fool? Surely I am both, and frustrated tears pricked her eyes.

"Yes, I lack my father's pedigree, I am oh-too aware of that. But by the Fortunes, this task has fallen to me. Surely you see I am more than a mewling kitten with eyes still closed? I came here, asking for your help. Do you truly feel I see no risk before me?"

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:32 pm

Hideo closed his eyes, and took a calming breath.

Why am I going through this...She's already made her mind up

He finally opened his eyes, and looked at her.

"You are no fool, Ide Amaya. You are no mewling kitten. You are no coward, or idiot, or anything terrible. You are intelligent, strong-willed, determined and brave. You are loyal to your clan, and you believe that this is the way forward. You are beautiful, brilliant, and...and..." he shook his head, his eyes closed again "I don't wish for you to fall because there might be a chance that a being that has the ninths blessing may tell you where he found the netsuke."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:53 pm

"Is that not the way of the samurai?" and it was bitterness in her voice, not pride. "Am I not supposed to throw myself nobly on this altar to await the judgement of the Fortunes?"

She tried to gather herself, heart heavy, "if this was about some token lost hundreds of years ago, readily I would agree with you. My cousins might not, but I would. The netsuke is a message all its own, and it says the ninth knows the name of the Unicorn's greatest enemy."

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:07 pm

Hideo opened his eyes, and there was resignation in them as he lets go of her.

"You've made your decision, and it is clear that regardless of the warnings I give you, you intend to meet with him. Nothing I could say is going to convince you."

He sighs, and looked down at his hands.

"I can understand, but I cannot say I agree with you. Were I a more demanding man, I would tell you not to go, but I am not that man."

He shakes his head.

"No, I won't tell you what to do Amaya-san. And if this is your choice, to stand against this man, I...I will assist you still."
Seppun Hideo

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts