Party for 2 (D3 EE closed - Hideos Yurt)

Re: Party for 2 (D3 EE closed - Hideos Yurt)

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:08 am

With a faint flare of her nostrils, "that we could be standing behind the gates of a fortress made of jade and it still would not protect us."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:14 am

Hideo nodded.

"I don't know who you are facing Amaya-chan, but if it only took a little Jade to stop the minions of the ninth, the Crab wouldn't need a wall in order to keep them back. It will harm it, and it will usually protect your soul, but it doesn't stop it if the being is determined enough. Jade also does not last against the forces of the ninth forever."

D3 EE Lore:Shadowlands/Int (sage): 4d10o10k3 25
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:25 am

Sighing, "is there nothing else? No..." she chewed her lower lip. "Night before last, Khulun-San was attacked by an oni. I know this only because I was leaving my yurt to fetch water for tea and I heard Chi-Pu-San's call, saw what remained with my own eyes. But I am no battle maiden, and Khulun-San intends to barter words with something infinitely more powerful."
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:31 am

"An Oni? Here?" Hideos eyes widened."Fortunes..."

I knew of no activity here. Rogue Maho Tsukai perhaps?

Hideo pulled Amaya in and hugged her against him, stroking her hair and giving himself a chance to think while comforting her.

"That must have been a most terrible sight. Do you know who...summoned it?" he asked after a few moments.
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:39 am

She shakes her head slowly, "There was a woman. A... Iuchi Tareef." Her eyes close, "she was found burnt, amongst some of the yurts."

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:01 am

"I see." Hideo nodded, running his fingers through her hair as he thought for a few moments.

Surely it's too soon for the Unicorn to have Maho Tsukai...

"Amaya-chan" Hideo leans back slightly, looking at the girl "I can give you more information, but it is...a very distasteful and potentially uncomfortable topic. If you wish to know more, I will give you all the information I know."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:06 am

She steeled herself and it seemed as though her eyes took on a blue-grey less stormy and more forged of metal. "Tell me everything. Hold me, and tell it all."

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:39 am

Hideo nodded, giving Amaya a small smile as he said "there's my strong Amaya. Good."

He took a deep breath.

"There is a lot to explain regarding the...things beyond the wall. The ninth gives them powers. I wouldn't even begin to list what they can do; immunities, healing, incredible strength, but they can appear normal. The powers of the ninth can even help socially; the kansen, evil corrupt versions of the kami that priests talk to, can make them appear more honest and tempting, and easily draw upon a weakness like lust of flesh. If this being can summon birds to talk with you, he or she will likely be able to do one or both of these."

He looked the girl in the eyes, to gauge her feelings.

"If you wish to ask questions, please ask them."

(D3 EE Lore:Shadowlands/Int (sage) with VP to know about Showlands power: 5d10o10k4 26)
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:50 am

For some reason her thoughts went to the beautiful Suteichi and the mask he wore beneath his mask. "How does one protect against the words of honeyed lies? I would hear what this..." she avoided saying the words Onyx Champion, "thing has to say, but I must be able to sift the sincerity from the deceit."

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:04 am

"Such a thing is quite difficult to say; you can read ones reactions when they speak, the body language, the patterns in the words. However a skilled liar will find a way to deceive, and you have to see beyond the words to find the true meaning."

Hideo paused.

"Perhaps ironically, I had heard and read rumour of abilities from the ninth that would allow you to see through such lies without issue. Truly, the powers that the ninth gives are a terrifying contradiction."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:12 am

She snorts quietly, disappointed, "the heart listens, Hideo-San, but it can be hard to hear when your mind is being befuddled by foul techniques."

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:24 am

Hideo managed not to immediately say the heart can be deceived, she may take it the wrong way.

"The kami have ways to clear ones mind to allow focus as well. The elements, good and bad, can cloud ones mind and focus it."

He puts his hand on the girls chest, where her heart is. "You have a good heart. Perhaps the purest, sweetest heart I have ever known. I...I can do what I can to help you prepare, but I don't know what you are facing to say if it would be enough."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:34 am

She softens, placing her small hand over his, "would you forgive this one if she said that if purity was enough there would be no shadows to corrupt us? I am grateful for whatever aid you can give. It will have to be enough, because if not..." she trails off. Instead of finishing the thought, she says, "thank you, truly,"

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:39 am

"I understand Amaya-chan" Hideo said with a nod "and you do not need to thank me. I would do anything I can to protect you."

He gave her hand a squeeze.

"Is there anything more I can do?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:48 am

"I would never sully your generosity with ingratitude. You are kind and giving and handsome and I have no intention of taking anything you offer for granted." She wanted to put that night's unpleasant business behind her, to pretend it wasn't coming, but instead she says, "the meeting is three nights hence, but I must have an answer for Khulun-San in two. This is how long I have to prepare."

Ide Amaya

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts