Offering to the Fire (D2, EM)

Re: Offering to the Fire (D2, EM)

Postby Seppun Hitako on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:52 am

"Understood. At least, as much as I can, from what you have said. However, the idea should be worth investigating, should it not?" She seems intent. "If it is a quicker way of finding the correct stones, would it not both make things easier for those that use these stones, and give you an 'in' to encounter the other clans at the same time..."
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:33 am

"I don't know... I guess I could try?" Dong-Ha did not sound too sure about the idea. "I mean, traditionally suitable materials are known... and most of them are available. Mundane pebbles are only that likly to suit our purposes. The stone has to be pure, without blemishes. Like limestone, or pure volcanic stone." he tried to explain. "Also, I don't think they'd be overtly happy to have someone walk into their lands, just to gather stone." he would be branded insane.. or as a spy.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Seppun Hitako on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:27 pm

"Which would be why you would bring gifts, to ease the entry. And, I'm sure there are suitable materials. I'm not sure what, but there must be. It's just a thought."
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:33 pm

"My family is not poor, but I am not sure I could bring gifts great enough to warrant such an intrusion..." Dong-Ha smiled sheepishly. "Well, chances are I get to travel assuming I'll find a spouse but..."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:26 am

"mmm. Or, get a posting that would allow travel? An overseer to the guards to merchant caravans? Yojimbo to a courtier? Or, private priest to a courtier, I suppose. Or even, with a little training, Courtier yourself. Join the Emerald Magistrates? Or volunteer for the Blessing, perhaps. There are many options."

Her mouths stutters a bit, as she uses specific terms she does not have translations for in Mekhem, though she gets through the explanation.
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:17 am

"Well, if I keep my colors I will likely succeed my father and become the next meishodo sensei of Nobane line. That's what he's been training me for, so... I cannot see the clan assigning me for any other duties." There was a hint of pride in his voice. "Sensei probably don't get to travel that much... " Dong-Ha shrugged. "And it's a duty I am looking forward to, if things go as expected."

It didn't seem like the Unicorn mystic had considered his options. "Of course if I marry out... that changes things."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Seppun Hitako on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:50 am

"Very much so, I am sure. Though, even if you stay in, I am guessing you would continue as his assistant for a time, and it might be considered part of your duty to your clan to investigate the other possibilities in Rokugan about the stones you might use. There are said to be Sapphires in Crane lands that are pure as deep water - would they be good for water words, and earth words? All sorts of things to investigate."
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:07 am

"Eh... I don't really see that happening if I stay among the Unicorn. What use a teacher is... that is not there to teach?" Dong-Ha didn't sound too convinced. "Though yes, there is that." Rokugan did offer some new opportunities when it came to magic. "Noble stones... are really hard to work with. They are so hard that even if their elemental properties are... usually more than adequate, carving them is.. frustrating experience."

Looking up to the sky, he noted how high the sun was. "Thank for your time, Seppun-sama." A bow, mostly formal was offered to the Imperial. "I am afraid I should take my leave."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Seppun Hitako on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:32 pm

She returned the bow. "Thank you for spending your time with me, Iuchi-san. It was a pleasure to discuss things with you. I hope that we can talk some more as the miai continues."
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:43 pm

"My pleasure." Dong-Ha muttered softly. "Perhaps indeed."

"Take care."

With a wave of his hand, the young Unicorn took his leave.

/exit
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Previous

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion