Day 2 [Late Evening] Tea After Dark (Mizuki's Room)

Re: Day 2 [Late Evening] Tea After Dark (Mizuki's Room)

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:38 am

The younger Shinjo nodded. The Curse Mizuki explained was the exact one that the other Yogo had spoken of. "I agree with your assessment on Yuichi-dono. I have spoken with him a couple times. He is abrasive but with good cause." She held out one arm, looking at her borrowed kimono's red sleeve. Yogo Liu Yue. Soshi Liu Yue.

She let out a small gasp. "He is similar to me here. Neither of us are in good standing, Mizuki-dono."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:43 am

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:"No, Bayushi-sama," she said rising to her feet. "I can tell when my presence is no longer wanted and I would not wish to insult you further by even pretending otherwise."

With that she started toward the door, without being stopped she would simply leave. Knowing Yue was capable enough on her own, even if it would be a little awkward.

He let her walk to the door and as she got to the door he stood behind Liu Fei.

"When an offense is given, you genuinely apologize for it if for nothing else but to save face. Not doing so could have terrible repercussions. To speak about a Scorpion's mask in the manner in which was done, some within my clan would not have my kind of restraint. My restraint is because I like you. I like your forthrightness, your fierce character. It is something that is most attractive but none of these words would mean anything if I said something derogatory of your horse or dependency of horses. I do not swing a naginata, or katana, or tetsubo. My words cut and bash just as good if not worse. I would hate for this night to end with a grave misunderstanding, Shinjo-sama so I would not like for you leave when there is an opportunity to fix something. Leaving it as this...would not be good. Might I suggest we sit down and try to work out this misgiving? It would be unfortunate...if we did not."
Last edited by Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:53 am

There was a few points he made there, certainly on the dependency with their horses. That she did not see it as a dependency only caused it to make more sense the second time she thought about it as she stood there, resting her hand on the frame for the traditional sliding door. Though she caught wind of what seemed like a subtle threat, but something about it didn't cause her to shy away or find a need to become defensive. No, no instead she turned around and face him directly once again.

After all, when all was said and done, there was a strength in his approach that was impossible to deny, that alone wiped away the perceived weakness and then some.

"I can manage that, if you have the strength to put up with me further Bayushi-sama," she said openly. Looking to him, meeting his eyes.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:57 am

"Oh." Damn. She knew about Yuichi. But she was disappointed about the Shinjo. She had hoped to help."Well, hopefully, you both will will be to rise above it. After all, you do look beautiful in my Clan's colors."

She remembers the girl's previous question. "You also asked about the Soshis. Unfortunately, we did not get to talk much about the candidates. It was a Clan meeting and the conversation was mostly introducing each other and thinking of ways we can thank our hosts such as Soshi Bantu's game night tonight. So, please, don't read anything into it. I didn't mention Shinjo Akil either, and I have found him quite impressive."
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:01 am

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:There was a few points he made there, certainly on the dependency with their horses. That she did not see it as a dependency only caused it to make more sense the second time she thought about it as she stood there, resting her hand on the frame for the traditional sliding door. Though she caught wind of what seemed like a subtle threat, but something about it didn't cause her to shy away or find a need to become defensive. No, no instead she turned around and face him directly once again.

After all, when all was said and done, there was a strength in his approach that was impossible to deny, that alone wiped away the perceived weakness and then some.

"I can manage that, if you have the strength to put up with me further Bayushi-sama," she said openly. Looking to him, meeting his eyes.

"I am much stronger than you think. I can put up with you all night and should I be Shinjo Liu Fei's husband, I can and will put up with you beyond what you can imagine. As you would enjoy a ride in the field, stay on with me and just enjoy the ride. For now, sit down and enjoy some tea and daifuku with me."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:02 am

"I saw at the bottom of the notice board," she explained. "I cannot blame them."

"Arigatou gozaimasu," she said in response to the colors. That was the response she had been searching for. However, a certain implication came up as she listened to the response for her other question. "Are you playing Nakodo?"

Might as well be blunt about it...
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:12 am

There was a sense of authority in there, that inner strength. Maybe that was what she wanted all along, rather than this silly notion of finding someone who was physically stronger than her? It was impossible to tell if that was true right now, but she did feel a tingle across her skin when he spoke to her as he did in that moment.

"Alright," she said, letting out a breath she didn't know she held. It might have seemed like less of a committed response than she intended but she didn't have the words to express it more properly. Instead she just glanced past, toward the table, to show her intent to stay and find out more about this man, and in turn teach him about herself.
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:16 am

Yue would be able to see a smirk in the small part where Mizuki's mouth is revealed. "We Scorpion are the most loyal Clan. If I can help my clanmates, why wouldn't I?"

Mizuki shrugs. "In truth, I would like to see Yuichi happy. Even if happiness for the Yogo is... complicated. And if your standings prevent a match, well, I would not want to discourage you from your other options."

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:21 am

"The tea we are having is Maiden Hair tea. This is really only served in Bayushi lands. It took some convincing to bring it this far and I wanted to share this with...well, you understand. It is a bitter tea but also smooth. Hence the daifuku. Some sweet for the bitter."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:25 am

"I enjoy Yuichi-dono's company," she admitted, a small smile on her lips. However, that cheerful expression left her lips. "However, I do not know if he is the best choice. To be honest, I am not sure who is." She shook her head and gave a laugh at her own expense. "I am not sure which man would want me." She held up the Scorpion-colored sleeve. "Would I belong among your Clan, Mizuki-dono?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:35 am

Maiden Hair tea, only in Bayushi lands, she thought to herself to commit more to memory. Feeling that remembering most of what she was taught now would only be proper to remember as best she can.

As she sat, and prepared herself to taste both, she started with, "I want it to be said now. I do not want apologies between us if we are going to work toward this, I want us to run straight into these misunderstandings and fight if we need to. I now see we are both strong enough to handle that."

Liu Fei paused, looked down to the liquid in her cup, "With that said," she looked up to Suteichi and in an effort to reopen the previous dialogue finally asked, "What must a woman be to be known as Bayushi Suteichi-sama's wife?"
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:48 am

Suteichi smiled as she was speaking and sipping the cup of tea. He sat his cup down and met her eyes. "Everything you just said, right there was it. Be willing fight with and for me. It matters not if you give me your name or if I give you my name. What does matter is through it all, the good, the bad, indifferent; my wife will be called mine and I shall be called hers."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:52 am

"I do not know you well enough answer that. But I saw how you helped your sister. How you managed to keep the meeting flowing. I certainly think you have potential. Otherwise, I would have politely dismissed the notion."

Mizuki looks at the Unicorn's injuries. "I understand the feeling. I'm a Yogo. The idea that a man could want me..." Mizuki shakes her head. "It doesn't matter. We just have to try."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:05 am

Yogo Mizuki wrote:"I do not know you well enough answer that. But I saw how you helped your sister. How you managed to keep the meeting flowing. I certainly think you have potential. Otherwise, I would have politely dismissed the notion."

Mizuki looks at the Unicorn's injuries. "I understand the feeling. I'm a Yogo. The idea that a man could want me..." Mizuki shakes her head. "It doesn't matter. We just have to try."

Yue shook her head with a smile. "My sister did not enjoy the idea of a chaperone. I hope us being here is helping her feel more comfortable."

The younger Shinjo looked at the masked Yogo. "I suppose we are similar in that way, Mizuki-dono." She gave a coy smirk. "I cannot claim nor deny that you are a beautiful woman with that mask. However, you are certainly better than I." She shrugged. "That is not a difficult notion."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:06 am

"This I can manage for you Bayushi-sama," she said, in her less than subtle way of acceptance of the idea. If she would have to be married she currently did not mind if it would be this man, he had that fire she needed too. Sampling the daifuku she found the first blending taste a slight strange but the second melding had her agreeing with his initial introduction of them both, it certainly went well together.

"I believe I owe you another question," she said before sipping at the tea once again. "Do you have plans beyond this Miai Bayushi-sama?" she asked, holding no intention of him spilling all of his plans now. Just knowing he had plans would be enough.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

PreviousNext

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms