Dinner Party [D3, EE, OPEN]

Re: Dinner Party [D3, EE, OPEN]

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:49 pm

"Hai. I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the Unicorn. But everything has gone pretty well."

Mizuki grimaces. "Except the milk and cheese. That was horrible."
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:54 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:"Hai. I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the Unicorn. But everything has gone pretty well."

Mizuki grimaces. "Except the milk and cheese. That was horrible."

She joins him in his grimace. "Yes....I will remember many things about this miai but that one is one I hope to forget."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:06 am

Mizuki tries to avoid from insulting their guests. "Well, they tried. And we learned a valuable lesson about gaijin food. We can make sure our Clans avoid such misunderstandings at Court."

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:18 am

There was fashionably late and then there was fashionably Otaku late. Imane arrived at the fancy dinner party full of questions about what a Mantis actually was, how many minor clans there were exactly, and also: where is the shochu that i enjoyed so much at that first feast?

Her clothes were not so dissimilar to what a Rokugani samurai-ko might wear, just a little less modrst due to the needs of one who is constantly in the saddle. She looked around for the host and for someone to chat to. A very exotic golden necklace hung at her neck and her arms were bare. For one so short and pretty they were rather toned if not overly muscled.

(OOC: Hooray for a giant thread! Open to chatting to anyone just hurl me a PM :) )
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:22 am

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki tries to avoid from insulting their guests. "Well, they tried. And we learned a valuable lesson about gaijin food. We can make sure our Clans avoid such misunderstandings at Court."

She nodded. "That is valuable, to be sure." She paused. "I was wondering if you knew another member of the Scorpion clan who is here. Bayushi Suteichi. We became acquainted at the Akodo court."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:43 am

Matsu Kogo wrote:She nodded. "That is valuable, to be sure." She paused. "I was wondering if you knew another member of the Scorpion clan who is here. Bayushi Suteichi. We became acquainted at the Akodo court."

Mizuki smiles. "Oh. I know Suteichi-kun quite well. We trained together at the Bayushi Courtier School."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:01 am

Yogo Mizuki wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:She nodded. "That is valuable, to be sure." She paused. "I was wondering if you knew another member of the Scorpion clan who is here. Bayushi Suteichi. We became acquainted at the Akodo court."

Mizuki smiles. "Oh. I know Suteichi-kun quite well. We trained together at the Bayushi Courtier School."

Kogo's smiled widened a tinch. "That is excellent. He taught me a great deal about etiquette and the life of a courtier."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:19 am

"Interesting. Sometimes it seems like a small world. Any friend of Suteichi-kun's is a friend of mine."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:30 am

Yogo Mizuki wrote:"Interesting. Sometimes it seems like a small world. Any friend of Suteichi-kun's is a friend of mine."

She smiles. "I agree. It is pleasing to meet another with a friend in common. I will have to ask you for stories of Bayushi-san's younger years. I suspect you have some interesting ones to share."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:09 am

"I may need some sake to some of them." Hmm... I'm sure a Lion bushi would have a different opinion of fun stories than Scorpion courtiers. May have to be careful with what I share.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:55 am

Otaku Imane wrote:There was fashionably late and then there was fashionably Otaku late. Imane arrived at the fancy dinner party full of questions about what a Mantis actually was, how many minor clans there were exactly, and also: where is the shochu that i enjoyed so much at that first feast?

Her clothes were not so dissimilar to what a Rokugani samurai-ko might wear, just a little less modrst due to the needs of one who is constantly in the saddle. She looked around for the host and for someone to chat to. A very exotic golden necklace hung at her neck and her arms were bare. For one so short and pretty they were rather toned if not overly muscled.

(OOC: Hooray for a giant thread! Open to chatting to anyone just hurl me a PM :) )

Daisuke sighed inwardly so far this dinner wasn't going that well at all, first there was the cat attacking the table and now Yuzuki seemed occupied with a Lion that looked likely to start shouting any minute. The least he could do was try and be a conversation partner for one of the guests here. It likely wouldn't help matters much, but he'd try.

Spotting the arrival of a young Unicorn woman he had yet to meet he rose to his feet and made his way over. "Good even Otaku-sama." He greeted her with a polite bow. "I'm Ichiro Daisuke of the Badger, Is there anything I can help you with?"
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:11 am

Her eyes flicked up to watch the man as he approached. She didn't recognise the angry-looking Mon (if he wore one) but his introduction was explanation enough. Imane bowed politely and looked up, the Badger was fully six inches taller than her.

"Ohayou Ichiro Daisuke-san, of the Badger. I was hoping to meet some interesting new people at this feast, so perhaps you could tell me something about yourself and the Badger?"

She smiled warmly. The light accent to her words made everything sound exotic as she placed emphases in non-standard places.

"I am Otaku Imane, of the Shiotome. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Ichiro-san. Also, I would love to try some sake, perhaps you could recommend one?"
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:14 am

He was indeed wearing an angry looking mon, on his simple kimono of grey silk, though she would not be the first it was unknown to. "Well that's easy enough." He said with a easy smile. "Was there something in particular you wished to know though?

"And it's a pleasure to meet you as well Otaku Imane-sama. I'd be happy to recommend a Sake, but I'd first ask if you preferred something a bit stronger, or one of those on the weaker side? Perhaps something in the middle?"
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:02 am

Matsu Yurio wrote:The stunned look disappeared so quickly it was hard to tell when 'stun' left and 'catastrophically angry' started.

"Little one? . . . . little . . . one. Do you make a habit out of insulting samurai, Kitsune-san or do you just spout the first idiocies that make it into your brain?"

#teenytinykittehfootstomp

Oh no...

"I'm sure no offense was intended by it, Matsu-sama. Kitsune-san referred to me as such as well upon our first meeting. She is impressively tall, so I imagine most people seem little to her, neh?"

Yuzuki tried her best to give a casual smile of the sort that would accompany casual small talk.

So he's got a complex about cats... and a complex about his height...
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:37 am

Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj's sake disappears like in a magic trick and in another magic trick the cups of all get refilled. "How is the miai going for you both?" He asks casually looking left and right.

Asakiko smiled. "I guess my fame is growing i have lots of people seeking their fortunes told."
She watch the host having a bit of trouble. Being a pacifist she could not let this escalate. "Excuse me.." She placed her flower arrangement next to where she was sitting and moved to Yuzuki.
Yuzuki wrote:
Matsu Yurio wrote:The stunned look disappeared so quickly it was hard to tell when 'stun' left and 'catastrophically angry' started.

"Little one? . . . . little . . . one. Do you make a habit out of insulting samurai, Kitsune-san or do you just spout the first idiocies that make it into your brain?"

#teenytinykittehfootstomp

Oh no...

"I'm sure no offense was intended by it, Matsu-sama. Kitsune-san referred to me as such as well upon our first meeting. She is impressively tall, so I imagine most people seem little to her, neh?"

Yuzuki tried her best to give a casual smile of the sort that would accompany casual small talk.

So he's got a complex about cats... and a complex about his height...

The Moshi was shorter than the Matsu she looked up. "Mantis sama is quite correct Kitsune sama tends to call many people little one. Perhaps Lion sama could let this one pass and enjoy what Mantis sama is offering this lovely evening that has been quite... interesting." She looked at Yuzuki with a polite smile and bowed to the three. "If you want to we can go for a walk. It helps me focus and try to meditate." Her voice was soft and carried the air around.
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts