If you can swim, can you ride? (Day 3, expecting, LM)

Re: If you can swim, can you ride? (Day 3, expecting, LM)

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:05 am

"'Riding together.' That would require a large horse," she confirmed. As if almost on cue, Hikazume snorted as Yue's eyes shot open. She turned to him, flabbergasted. "Are you implying," she trailed off. Stupid Rokugani language! No, it's not stupid, it's cultured. It's me, trying to find words...

Her horse stopped trotting along and let out another snort. "What are you saying, Taira-dono?!"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:38 am

Taira looked puzzled.

"Um... isn't riding fast... fun?"

He noticed the horse getting fussy, so he leaned forward a little to pat her neck, not wanting to have a repeat adventure with the ground.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:55 pm

"Oh." She lowered her head and went to give her horse a kiss. "I'm being really dumb. Don't you worry about me though. He's a nice man who doesn't need to get hurt again!"

Yue looked back at him apologetically. "Gomennasai. She is more familiar with Mekhem."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:52 pm

Taira gave a somewhat befuddled nod. "Ok. I don't mind. Perhaps at some point I'll have to learn some of this Mekuhin."

It was still hard to get his mouth into the word, but he tried.

"After all, it seems many of your clan speak it."

And the Scorpion won't like you having such an easy form of encryption...
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:01 pm

"Mekhem," she repeated gently. She began to laugh which eased her horse's mood. "Again I offer you a lesson, Taira-dono. It is my best language. And please do not worry about reciprocation. It is an offer, not a trade."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:09 pm

Taira liked the sound of her laugh, and couldn't hide a smile.

"All right then. I will consider it as such."

Running one hand through the mane of the mare, he added, "I'll have to remember to bring a treat if I ever do this again. She's been very considerate of me. You both have."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:05 pm

"I do not know where to begin," she admitted, "Mekhem." She shrugged and gave another laugh. "I will ask my sister. Maybe I can ask Hikazume for pointers." Her horse, if it got any of that, did not respond.

"The Unicorn are the hosts of this event. It is proper for me to be considerate for guests on behalf of my Clan." She then nodded. "However, I am sure Hikazume would appreciate a treat. I would not expect her to uphold the etiquette of gift exchanges." she said, only barely maintaining a serious tone.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:30 pm

Taira couldn't hide his smile.

"I'll try not to take offense if she doesn't follow etiquette. Don't feel like I need to learn it all right now... I think one thing at a time is probably wise."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:25 pm

"Hikazume is a great horse. I would not be surprised if she followed etiquette either." She scratched the back of her head. "You may be right, Taira-dono. How fast can I teach one thing though?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:54 pm

Taira contemplated that question, and then countered, "Can I really learn either if I try to master both in a week? Perhaps we should alternate, and see how we progress then? Since I was going to share some pointers of my own with you." A compromise of sorts.

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:10 pm

Yue shook her head. "Horseback riding will be more imperative for being a good husband, Taira-dono. We already started your lessons in that too." She let out a giggle. "Hikazume might miss you too."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:26 pm

"Well then, I shall return to see her."

He offered the reins, he would not take any risks on dismounting. Not today. He'd let her keep the horse in place for now.

"Perhaps tomorrow I can offer you some pointers in grappling."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:37 pm

"I trust you to keep her stable," she said, in response to the reins. However, she kept her arm at the ready to try to catch him if he fell. "The motion for dismounting is similar, Taira-dono. Remember: you do not want to be off-balance if she decides to take off."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:11 am

Taira nodded, and made a surprisingly smooth dismount, one hand braced on the pommel.

As his feet touched ground again, he took a slow breath, contemplating the experience as a whole. On a scale of failure to resounding success, it was a meh plus, so he thought that was, all things considered, a morning well spent.

"You are a fine lady, Hikazume-chan. I thank you."

Glancing to Lie Yue, he added, "You as well." Offering the reins, he added, "I don't suppose you've spent much time teaching before?"

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:55 am

Yue muffled a sigh of relief when Taira's dismounting went perfectly well. "I did not teach much before," she admitted. "However, I have started to offer lessons to many here. I must make sure the men and women are suitable marriage candidates for my Clan," she concluded with a smile.

Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to Horsemanship Field