(D3 LA) He Did What?!

Re: (D3 LA) He Did What?!

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:46 pm

Yue let out a nervous laugh. "I have referred to everyone that way, sis." She paused for a moment and then smirked. "She is durable just like me."

The younger sister perked her brow at the welcome and turned around. "Oh my goodness why would you do that?!" she exclaimed, shuffling away from the newcomer. She scratched the back of her head and bowed to her. "Konnichiwa. Welcome." Yue hurried over to block any last view of her older sister but overall she had a smile on her face. "Gomennasai. You startled me."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:38 pm

Yukarin blushed and bowed deeply, a large book held in both hands as she did so, "F-Forgive me Shinjo-sama! I was not trying to... I mean..."

She cleared her throat and stood up straight, "This one is Iuchi Yukarin. I was looking for some assistance with my book here and I was pointed to here. I... was told word had been sent ahead, but perhaps they did not wish to interrupt..."

The blush did not leave.
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:20 am

"You were not trying to spy on me?" she teased, if only because she felt like it was probably the easiest way to make the interloper, who had identified herself as Iuchi Yukarin, feel at ease.

"Do not worry about it Iuchi-san," she said, letting her off the hook. Luckily she had been near done when the woman entered, donning her clothes she had removed once again. From there it was safe as she removed the hair tie which kept it back in a tail, using the last bits of water to wash her hair out a little.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:27 am

Yue let out a soft sigh. "Shinjo Liu Yue and Shinjo Liu Fei," she announced, pointing to the designated owner of said name. She then approached the iuchi with a smile. "What is the book?" She licked her teeth, dissatisfied with her Rokugani. "What is the book about?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:33 am

"I... don't actually know, Shinjo-sama; It is a book that has been in my family for some time, but it is written in Mekhem. So it's just been preserved as a curiosity for generations."

She looked at the well preserved cover and the strange curvy script on it.
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:40 pm

"I see. We were speaking Mekhem earlier," she remarked. She looked at the cover and then back up at Yukarin with a smirk. "That is, 'The Tao of Mekhem.'" She paused and then smirked. "I can translate the text. However, that would take much paper, Yukarin-dono."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:16 pm

Meanwhile, as Yue seemed to be handling the guest well enough. Fei merely focused on washing out her hair.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:55 pm

"The... what?"

Yukarin blinked and brought her hand to her chin looking at the book, "I did not know those native to the sands had such a book, or that they would use a Rokugani wor..."

She stopped, furrowing her brow, "Wait; Mekhem is the name of a language. So that doesn't make any sense. But..."

Yukarin was half muttering at this point, starting to pace as she talked, ponytail bobbing behind her slightly.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:09 pm

"You nor your Family asked anyone else about this before?" Yue scratched the back of her head, rather confused. "Would you like me to read more, Yukarin-dono?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:14 pm

Yukarin paused in her pacing before looking up at Liu Yue, shaking her head, "Iie; It was one of many books in the collection, and it wasn't awoken. And since my family are keepers of Rokugani traditions and artifacts, and not general historians or anthropologists, it was deemed unimportant. My own focus is much different than my parents and siblings, so I requested to take some such items with me upon my gempukku."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:54 pm

"Sou desu ka." Yue looked around for a place to put the book. "You can leave the book here and I will read it. Do you have paper?" She smiled. "Oh! Would you like some kumis?" She took another sip from her bowl.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:29 am

"Yes and yes, thank you."

Yukarin reached into her pack and pulled out some parchment and charcoal.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:31 am

The younger Shinjo looked at the tome and back to Yukarin. "Yukarin-dono, I do not think I can write this all out," she trailed off, trying to find the right words in Rokugani. "It may take days."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:49 am

"Err... right. Well, I was not expecting you to; I do not believe I brought enough paper for such a thing anyways. Could you perhaps translate the first page at least so I can get a general idea of the structure and content?"

Hopefully it would be enough, even if it was only one page out of hundreds.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:02 am

"That will not be a problem," Yue replied with a smile. She set aside her bowl and looked at the book. After a few moments, she frowned. "How accurate do you need me to be, Yukarin-dono? My sister may be better help than I."

Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts