Buy Low, Sell High [Day 1 Late Afternoon]

Re: Buy Low, Sell High [Day 1 Late Afternoon]

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:49 pm

Tomonaga met the gaze of those eyes steadily. Well, fairly steadily. One does not win staring contests with cats. Tomonaga blinked.

Carefully, he crouched down, just a little. "Mei-chan! Iuchi-san!" He beckons them over. Tae was included in his gesture, of course, but she wasn't one of the people who'd seemed so excited about cats. "Look!" He said, pointing, his own excitement obvious.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Yasuki Tae on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:26 am

Tae indeed really didn't care about the cat herself. She gives her Clansman an odd look before cracking a smile, nudging her niece over towards him. "Go on, Mei-chan. Maybe you and our cousin here can lure the cat in."

The young girl looks up at her aunt with big eyes before shuffling over towards the Crab man rather cautiously.
Crab Clan • Courtier • Twice-Blessed (Benten and Daikoku) • Yasuki Daimyo's Hatamoto's Heir • Greedy
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 1
Carries: Wakizashi, personal chop, set of dice
Is accompanied by a young girl
Yasuki Tae

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:14 am

Meanwhile Yukarin had come over next to Tomonaga to get a peek, glancing back at Mei before turning back, hands on her knees as she half-squatted to get a better look, "Huh... it seems rather unconcerned about us."

And it really did, apart from looking right at them.
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:27 pm

"Yeah, it really does, huh?" Tomonaga said, his voice soft. "Ummm... hmmm. My arms are a little longer..." Also he didn't want Mei to try to touch the cat first, just in case it objected to that.

Carefully, Tomonaga knelt down on the very edge of the grass, first checking to make sure there was nothing wet; this was his nicest kimono, after all. Then, just as carefully, he leaned forward, slowly stretching his hand out. The cat turned to watch his hand move, although its unconcerned expression did not change. It continued to watch as Tomonaga's outstreched hand came to rest on its head.

"There, good kitty." Tomonaga frowned. "Wait, it's making a noise. Is that a good noise? I can't tell." Indeed, the cat was making some sort of throaty rumble.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:41 pm

"Mmm... maybe it likes you? I will admit I know relatively little about cat behaviour..."

Yukarin made room for Mei to move next to Tomonaga, simply watching herself.
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:12 pm

"Maybe." Tomonaga said, his tone a little doubtful. As time passed, and he remained unbitten and unclawed, he gained confidence. "Yeah, I guess so." He seemed vaguely cheered by this, although cheerful seemed close to his default.

"Mei-chan, would you like to try?" He asked, looking at the young girl. But she seemed shy. "Or, umm, Iuchi-san?" He cleared his throat.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:26 pm

Yukarin chuckled softly and scooted closer until she was squatting right next to Tomonaga. Reaching out she scratched at the kitty's chin before it promptly bit her, Yukarin squeaking softly and drawing her hand back where she held the finger with her other hand. A pinprick of blood welled up on her fingertip and she held her thumb over it.

The cat, meanwhile, turned around and disappeared into the grass, licking its lips.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Tomonaga shifted ever so slightly, more out of politeness than need to create space, acknowledging Yukarin's presense. He gave her a smile as she reached out. "See? It's friendly." He said.

The cat proved otherwise.

Tomonaga gave a quick startled exclamation as it bit the Unicorn woman. "Cat!" He called accusingly into the grass. There was no answer.

He turned to Yukarin, frowning, his forehead creased. "I'm sorry, Iuchi-san. I didn't expect that to happen. I guess maybe it did like just me. Here, let me see-" Reaching into his kimono, he pulled out a dark blue cloth. Holding it in one hand, he reached for Yukarin's hand with his free one, clearly intending to hold it, and press the cloth onto her battle wound, clearly acting without thinking about it.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:31 pm

Yukarin chuckled self-effacingly, rubbing the back of her head to vet that hand out of the way as the Crab man immediately went to work, "Per... perhaps. Or maybe my finger still smelled like the other cat? Or cheese still...?"

It really wasn't too bad, and it certainly stung no more than a pinprick.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:45 pm

Cheese? Tomonaga would be finding out about that soon enough. "Mmm, maybe." He said as he continued to press. His hands are strong, but not rough, the one holding her hand gently while the other applied pressure.

He smiled. "Or maybe you're just more delicious than I am." He shook his head, mock-sadly. "And here I thought that cats liked me, when it's really just that I'm not tasty enough to bother with. Really, I'm offended." He glared as fiercely as he could manage without breaking into laughter towards the vanished cat.

Satisfied, he lifted the cloth, frowning at the tiny pinprick. "Huh. Not so bad. Better?" He asked, giving her a smile.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:50 pm

Yukarin flexed her finger a little and nodded, "Good as new, almost. I just pray you were not soiled with my blood."

She turned to Mei, lowering her knees and bowing to the girl, "I am deeply sorry I made the kitty run away Mei-chan."

She frowned exaggeratedly.
Iuchi Yukarin

Previous

Return to The Streets of Dark Edge Village