Day 2 [Late Evening] Tea After Dark (Mizuki's Room)

Re: Day 2 [Late Evening] Tea After Dark (Mizuki's Room)

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:50 pm

"Maybe I have misspoken Bayushi-sama," she said, thinking over her words again to try to say it better this time. "It was, is not because you wear a mask that makes you weak, but what I witnessed was a dependency on the mask. As you hurried over quickly to retrieve it, that is what I saw, dependency. Do you feel uncomfortable without your mask?" she asked directly, hoping in part that the question would put her words in the proper light than make him feel uncomfortable for being questioned so.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:51 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki tries to listen to the other side of the room. How is it going? Did I make the right call? Did Suteichi-kun pick the wrong sister?

When Yue asks Mizuki for help, she shakes out of ease dropping. "Huh. Oh. Sure." Mizuki helps her with the obi.

Yue, on the other hand, was not trying to listen in on their conversation at all. She thought it proper to give them as much privacy as possible.

Having a stranger in a mask tie up her obi was not favorable for her flustered mood. Is it all the damn sake I had? Oh, goodness.

"Mizuki-dono, do you know Yogo Yuichi-dono? Soshi Taira-dono? Soshi Santu-dono? Soshi Yuuru-dono?" At the moment, she just wanted to know the Yogo woman's thoughts on all of those men. I might as well fish for information. Heck, might give sis more time with that man.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:57 pm

This must be embarrassing for the Shinjo. Mizuki feels a little guilty.

But the distraction does work. "I have met them all. Yogo-san I have known since childhood. I have just met the Soshis, but they seem like good men. Taira-san's ability with medicine is something I will always be grateful for."
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:06 pm

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:"Maybe I have misspoken Bayushi-sama," she said, thinking over her words again to try to say it better this time. "It was, is not because you wear a mask that makes you weak, but what I witnessed was a dependency on the mask. As you hurried over quickly to retrieve it, that is what I saw, dependency. Do you feel uncomfortable without your mask?" she asked directly, hoping in part that the question would put her words in the proper light than make him feel uncomfortable for being questioned so.

"Shinjo-sama, desire is a sin to samurai. People are often attracted by what it is that they see. Some will waste their very lives just to have what they desire. They would forgo their own duties. I have seen what desire does to one when comes to beauty, attraction. I have seen where one has thrown away their life foolishly because they wanted to have someone who is so beautiful in their sight. My mask helps to shield from others desire. It also serves as a means to intimidate those of lesser minds and wills in the courtroom."

Suteichi leaned closer to her, his voice at whisper. "My face is now before you Shinjo-sama. Tell me now what you see?Do you have desire? Are you intimidated? I do not believe so. I believe you just want honesty."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:31 pm

"You are not wrong," she answered, voice matching his own. Doing her best not to be swept up by the fanciful nature of his words and keeping true to her request.

"Which is why you should not be surprised when I ask you again, Bayushi-sama, does it make you feel uncomfortable not to wear your mask?" While she could have certainly interpreted his words to have meant no. There was no direct, or definitive answer to be found among his words.

"I do not mean to be rude, Bayushi-sama, but you seem to be a man who knows or believes to understand what it is I want. Leaving me to see no reason why I should not force the direct answer from you now, because as you said, one of the many things I want from my future husband, whoever he might be, is honesty."
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:34 pm

"No." he simply answered. "I am not uncomfortable wearing the mask. I am also not uncomfortable not wearing it in your company."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:39 pm

"When you rushed for your mask, was it out of respect for your Kami or because you did not like the feeling of others seeing your true face?" she asked, more precisely.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:40 pm

"Yes."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:42 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:This must be embarrassing for the Shinjo. Mizuki feels a little guilty.

But the distraction does work. "I have met them all. Yogo-san I have known since childhood. I have just met the Soshis, but they seem like good men. Taira-san's ability with medicine is something I will always be grateful for."

"Yuichi-dono is," she started, trying to find the right way to put it, "an interesting man." She shook her head, deciding that she did not care to dance around the issue. "He does not appear to want to be here, Mizuki-dono."

She tapped her finger against her chin, her next topic adding to her current embarrassment. "Mizuki-dono? Did any of them mention me?" She let out a soft giggle. "There are many Scorpion men here." She closed her eyes. "I want to fulfill my Duty to my Family and Clan here."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:52 pm

It was, albeit like pulling teeth, at least an honest answer. Even if she had to frame it just right to get him to say it. "Alright," she said, leaning back onto her hands for a moment. Looking up toward the ceiling.

"Do you understand why I see that as a weakness, that dependency on your mask? I do not believe your Kami would have held it against you if more than just myself witnessed your true face."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:55 pm

"Yes. He is." Mizuki is silent for moment. "How much do you know about the Yogo Family?"

She figures she would address this first, before answering Yue's other question.

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:09 am

Yogo Mizuki wrote:"Yes. He is." Mizuki is silent for moment. "How much do you know about the Yogo Family?"

She figures she would address this first, before answering Yue's other question.

"I heard the story from Yuichi-dono," she replied. She let out a soft sigh. "I heard about the Curse." Her eyes looked to see Mizuki's reaction, again not finding any. That stupid mask. I have half the mind to ask her to get rid of it.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:15 am

Suteichi sat back in silence for a moment. He was quite irritated with her choice of words. He closed his eyes for a second then opened them.

"Well, I am impressed at your assessment of my clan's Kami in what he would or would not approve." He reached and picked up his mask and put it on.

"I will remember your words this night for quite a long time. Is there anything else you wish to ask of me, Shinjo-sama?" the shift in his tone was still soft but more business than casual.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:26 am

"No, Bayushi-sama," she said rising to her feet. "I can tell when my presence is no longer wanted and I would not wish to insult you further by even pretending otherwise."

With that she started toward the door, without being stopped she would simply leave. Knowing Yue was capable enough on her own, even if it would be a little awkward.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:33 am

"It is a heavy burden. We were taught that from when we are that we will betray the one we love most. We see it happen. It does not matter how honorable we are. It does not matter how good we are. We will betray the one we love most. And it will hurt them even if it is not some epic betrayal for the plays. Trying to avoid it will just make it worse."

Mizuki sighs. "Yuichi-san is a good man. He tries to keep his distance from people. If he does not love anyone, he cannot betray them. He doesn't want to be here. Not because he is dissatisfied with your Clan or the miai. But because he doesn't want to hurt anyone."

Mizuki finishes tying the obi. "I take the opposite approach. I accept the Curse. I will hurt the one I love. I just hope it will be small enough to be forgiven. You will be able to find many plays telling epic tragedies. Those happen, but if it was common our Family would have wiped itself up. Often, it is painful, but something that can be overcome."

She gauges Yue's reaction. I hope I'm helping. I want Yuichi to happy. Well, as happy as he is capable of.

Yogo Mizuki

PreviousNext

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms