If you can swim, can you ride? (Day 3, expecting, LM)

Re: If you can swim, can you ride? (Day 3, expecting, LM)

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:47 pm

"Oh. A squeeze."

He gave it a go, and managed to hide his surprise at the sudden motion.

Still, it was a comfortable walking pace, so his balance recovered almost immediately.

"As for techniques, joint strikes, kicks, sweeps... couple different ways to get someone on the ground, and once you have them there, you can do a lot with pressure on the neck. No matter if a man has a hand free, if you've got his head, he'll learn right quick to stop struggling, and your own knees can be used to apply pressure."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:53 pm

Yue walked alongside them, occasionally running a bit to catch up. "Good, good," she said to both of them.

"Sou desu ka. Perhaps I should learn, Taira-dono." She looked away a bit meekly. Well, my sister wrestled with a potential suitor, right? Is that what Taira-dono thinks of me?

"However, I still believe I am at a disadvantage in wrestling." She afforded herself a small sigh. "It is a shame, given my strength."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:06 pm

Taira nodded. "Hai, it is unfortunate, but you can still compensate, I am certain."

A soft shrug. "You would probably want to focus on avoiding actual wrestling, certainly."

It wasn't so bad, at the walking pace, and he thought, given some practice... he might manage to even go a little faster.

Next time. Maybe.

"If you like, I could always offer pointers." He glanced at her, "It's not like it could hurt, neh?"
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:14 pm

"I would hope it would not hurt, Taira-dono." She blinked and then looked at Hikazume. "Do you have any treats for her? She may expect one afterward."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:47 pm

Taira looked surprised. "I didn't mean it.. it's a phrase... sorry."

As she asked about treats, he looked chagrined. "I didn't even think to bring one."

He really was losing points today.

"I should have... my apologies, I can fetch some..."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:57 pm

"There is no need to get nervous." She looked over to Hikazume. "It would be better to be calm while horseback riding," she reminded him with a gentle smile.

She let out a laugh. "I do not feed horses snacks often. My sister lectured me for doing so too much when I was younger."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:26 pm

"Ah, well, if you say so."

He still looked a little embarrassed.

"Still, if you would ever like any pointers on grappling, or breaking grapples, I'd be glad to help. If that would interest you."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:33 pm

Hikazume let out another rush of air our of her nostrils. "Taira-dono," Yue said gently with pleading eyes. She debated taking the reins for herself. But he wanted to go forward with it. Why are men so difficult?

"'Breaking grapples' sounds useful for me, Taira-dono. I would not want to be pinned down and helpless."

Her cheeks flushed. The horse snorted once more.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:54 pm

Sensing the discomfort, he reined in, coming to a stop. He let the tension out, and gave a lopsided smile.

"Hai, that would be unacceptable. No one should be stripped of even that basic freedom."

With a faint sigh, he offered the reins. "I don't wish to upset our friend here... if it will comfort her, I don't need to carry the reins today."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:07 am

Yue shook her head. "Iie. Daijoubu." She waved away the reins. "You are doing well. This is what you wanted." The Shinjo planted a kiss on her horse's cheek. "Hikazume is skittish at times. She is among the gentlest among my Clan, Taira-dono."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:23 am

"And a fine lady she is."

Taira shook his head, unable to hide his smile.

"I can see why you are so determined to stay with your steeds, even if you were to join another clan..."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:31 am

That elicited a bright smile from the Shinjo. "Good! You will be a fit husband for a Unicorn bride!" She stayed in high spirits as she followed along. "That was never a question, Taira-dono. My horse will follow me wherever I go." She cupped her chin for a moment. "I wonder if I could arrange for my husband to receive a horse too."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:40 am

"I imagine that would depend on if your clan wanted to offer him one."

She did have an impressive optimism to her.

"Who knows, they might consider it a good way to start the couples relationship."

Marriage support via horses. Worse ideas existed, he supposed.

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:49 am

Yue put on a sly smirk. "We have established that every Unicorn woman wants a husband who can ride a horse," she began, "And every horse rider should have a horse to ride. It would be unfortunate to force a couple to share one horse, Taira-dono. It would be much better if the couple could ride side by side."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:00 am

"That does seem reasonable."

He raised an eyebrow.

"Though I suppose some might like the idea of riding together... I suppose if they had a very large horse. You could hardly go fast then, however... which I imagine would curtail some of the fun."

Soshi Taira

PreviousNext

Return to Horsemanship Field