(Day 3, LE) The Gentle Barbarian (Misa's Room, Closed)

(Day 3, LE) The Gentle Barbarian (Misa's Room, Closed)

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:09 am

On the Dragon lady's call, Butaj arrives at the building with all his instruments. He feels odd in the interior of a fix building, but not odd enough to freak him out. What he is supposed to do to communicate his presence? Hmmm...

"Butaj here. Is Tonbo Misa there?" He says by the screen.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Re: (Day 3, LE) The Gentle Barbarian (Misa's Room, Closed)

Postby Tonbo Misa on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:52 am

Butaj just hears a giggle from inside, followed by movement. The door is slid open by the young girl who had accompanied Misa the day before, the girl giving a few hasty bows and directing Butaj in. Misa stood inside, blind eyes open in the direction of the door, hands folded in front of her as she smiled.

"Moto-san, it's wonderful you could make it, and that you found me. It sounds as if your hands are full, won't you set them down at sit at my table?" She motioned to Sanmi, who nodded and opened the window, letting in a fine breeze that ruffled at the Dragon's robes.
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:23 am

He nods to the girl, then enters with a genuine smile. Her unseeing is a boon in many aspects, she does not judge him in ways others would, he can be himself. He lays the intsruments down and moves forth. "Butaj is very happy to see you, and was quite stubborn in finding the right room. He couldn't miss the opportunity to spend some time with Tonbo Misa." He sat by the table. "Butaj is happy to see you in good mood." His gaze gets distracted by the flutter of clothes over her form.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:49 pm

Misa sat as well after a moment, brushing some hair back over an ear. Sanmi moved to grab some cups and a pot from one of the room's corners.

"You flatter me Moto-sa---" She cut herself off, head tilting curiously. "Should I say Moto-san, or would you prefer Moto Butaj-san, or... even Butaj-san?"

Misa paused again, smiling with a shy sheepishness. "Or even without the san I suppose.... but I am in a good mood I suppose, yes. I feel much better today after all."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:33 pm

Butaj chuckles. "Butaj is Butaj, but Tonbo Misa can call him any way she likes. She's so nice Butaj won't mind because he knows she has good intentions toward Butaj." Her smile calls for his own. "Tonbo Misa is cute when she smiles like this. Cute is the right word to describe graceful, sweet and pretty in one, is Butaj getting this right?"

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:40 pm

Misa flushed a little, momentarily flustered. "Moto-san is always so honest. I cannot see myself, so I am not really the person to ask if you are right or not. Still, thank you very much. Correct or not, I can only hope to live up to your words."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:50 pm

"Butaj thinks it's where you are now, so no living up to is required according to Butaj, but Butaj is used to not being considered authoritative." He chuckles. "How Tonbo Misa likes to be called? Butaj would like to make you feel good by being called the way you like."

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Her flush faded a touch, and she looked a bit thoughtful. "What I would like? I've always been called Tonbo-sama, or Misa-sama, since that's what would be appropriate. Mmm... what would Moto-san like to call me if he could call me anything?"

As they spoke, Sanmi arranged the cups and pot and other parts onto the table between them.

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:17 pm

Butaj doesn't think long. "Just Misa. It's such a pretty name Butaj feels it does not need additions or obscuring. It is enough for Butaj to convey both authority and grace. Butaj thinks it's more genuine this way." He tilts his head, then laughs a little. "If this was the test of proper mores, Butaj has probably failed it."

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Misa once again flushed a bit, but she just shook her head and gave a shy smile. "No, it's no test. Though, to at least be a bit more Rokugani, outside of just you and I, it should still be Tonbo-sama. If you can do that, then it will be just Misa with me. Is that a deal, Butaj?"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:28 pm

"It's a good deal, and Butaj thinks he understands why it is so. Misa is not afraid to be honest with Butaj in private but still wants others to respect her and not seen as slipping in traditional easterner customs because of Butaj or other Unicorn. When Misa must be Tonbo-sama it's for a purpose to represent important Dragon pursuits, right?"

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:31 pm

"More or less, yes." She gave a small nod, her smile warming. "I am an important person in my family, and thus my clan. I must show myself well, because to show myself well is to show my family well, and thus my clan. In private, with you, I am just myself, and that is good."

She reached out, running a finger over the edge of the cup before her. "I have a tea ceremony ready. Would Butaj like for me to perform one for him and serve him tea that I've made?"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:39 pm

Butaj brightens. "That would be lovely. Though Butaj has more idea of coffee ceremony than tea ceremony. How should Butaj behave during the tea ceremony so as not to spoil it?"

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:53 pm

Misa giggled silently into a sleeve. "Well, I will be making it, so think of it as your being an audience for music. Watch and listen, and when it is over I will have a work of art for you to try."

At that she went about preparing the tea. The water had just finished being heated, She added the tea leaves to the pot and mixed them in with a bamboo whisk, holding her sleeve back a bit as she did so. She then poured the tea into each cup after successfully performing the ritual. "Turn the cup so that the right faces you and drink from that side. It won't change the taste, but it's a custom. I hope you enjoy the taste, it is a slightly bitter Dragon blend."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:18 pm

Butaj proves that he can sit in one place without engaging in distracting activity. He's focused on her hands, her wrists... when he receives the cup, he carefully does the turning, careful not to break the small container, then takes a sip. He isn't sure if he's more exhilarated because he hasn't spoiled it or it is the effect of the ceremony in itself.

"Butaj does. He likes interesting tastes. The bitterness reinvigorates Butaj. And Misa has somehow dismissed the light haze from Butaj's thoughts. Ha! Tea ceremony is a magic ritual?"

Moto Butaj

Next

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms