Drinks on you (D3, EM, Yuzuki's Yurt)

Re: Drinks on you (D3, EM, Yuzuki's Yurt)

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:03 pm

"He's right, though. They do sorta look like bugs." Tomonaga scratched his head. "I never really noticed that before. Huh."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Moto Baatar on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:13 pm

"Right, shrimp. They seem pretty tasty," the Unicorn said. "Even if they look like bugs."

"Oh, I'm Moto Baatar," he added, suddenly remembering he hadn't introduced himself. "Is that what you have in all these boxes? Fish and shrimp?"
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:17 pm

She really didn't think they looked like bugs. But was content with not pushing the matter.

"It's mostly rice and vegetables. There'll be something for everyone, I imagine."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Moto Baatar on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:16 pm

"Sounds tasty. Need some help, carrying this stuff?" Baatar asked. "Where are you taking it?"
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:18 pm

Tomonaga bowed again to the young Unicorn when he introduced himself, but seemed content for the moment to continue to ruminate on the shared characteristics of shrimp and bugs, choosing not to interrupt.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:24 pm

"Your clan has been kind enough to provide me with a large tent not far from here. I would welcome any assistance you are willing to give, of course."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Moto Baatar on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:39 pm

"Sure! Glad to help!"

Stepping into the Mantis's yurt, the young Unicorn picked up one of the heavy boxes. But, noticing Tomonaga lost in thought, Baatar pushed the box toward the Crab's arms.

"Here, you take this one, I'll get the next," he said, having apparently assumed the Yasuki was here to help, too.
Moto Baatar

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:50 pm

"Hmmm? Oh." Tomonaga grunts as he suddenly finds himself holding a heavy box. Fortunately, it appears that the Yasuki does a bit of exercising, as, once he adjusts his grip, it seems he is able to hold it without too much difficulty. "Uh, sure. I'll take this one." He echoes. "Thanks, Moto-san." He looks curiously at Bataar; this has his first Moto, after all.

Still holding the box, grimacing as he shifted again, Tomonaga turned to Yuzuki. "Actually, Mantis-san, I did come here for a reason. Have you made provisions for drink at this feast of yours?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Moto Baatar on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:57 pm

Having handed off the first box to Tomonaga, Baatar grabbed another box and made ready to follow Yuzuki to wherever she was taking the boxes.
Moto Baatar

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:00 pm

"Ah, uh..."

She picked up some stuff of her own, and started leading the two samurai to the big tent while talking. A bit less comfortably than a conversation would normally be, under the physical strain, but not too much of an issue.

"I'd hoped to find a store here for sake, but it seems I've been out of luck on that front."
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:05 pm

"Ah!" Tomonaga said as he hurried along. It was easy enough; his long stride kept him on pace, even as his heavy box slowed him down. "Well, as it so happens, my family brews sake. The Golden Carp Sake brewing family. Don't suppose you've heard of us?" This last is said almost wistfully. He hadn't expected Unicorn to know it, of course, but he was zero for four among Clan samurai, too. I thought we had better market penetration than this...
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:10 pm

"The name sounds familiar. My family may have picked some up during their visits to Clear Water Village, is it anything like Friendly Traveler Sake?"
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:25 pm

Tomonaga gave her a grateful look. "Ah, you've heard of it! Well, it's somewhat similar to Friendly Traveler Sake, although the best way to tell the difference is to try it, eh? Errr..." Of course, he couldn't very well offer her a cup while carrying a heavy box. "Maybe once we're done moving this stuff."

He cleared his throat. "Anyway, I'd be happy to supply the sake for the event. I've brought a fair amount with me, should be enough to keep your guests happy. What do you think?" He gave her a charming smile.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:28 pm

"Ah, that would be most generous, Yasuki-sama. I am afraid by on-hand funds have been somewhat depleted, however."
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:52 pm

Tomonaga's smile grew just a little. "Well, it wouldn't be all that generous if I made you buy the sake, would it? No no, let it be the Crab contribution to the feast. It would be my pleasure."

His smile grew a little sly. "I won't deny that I'm getting something out of it, especially if you mention where the sake came from. But something for everyone that way, eh?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts