When in Darkness, Light (D3, LM, Expecting)

When in Darkness, Light (D3, LM, Expecting)

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:33 am

Kitakuhime sets up the cushions within she Shiotome Yurt Cluster expecting to meet her sisters-in-arms and prepare for a sequence of very important –– and potentially dangerous –– events: meeting with a Shadowlands Emissary, meeting with an Imperial Emissary.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Re: When in Darkness, Light (D3, LM, Expecting)

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:50 am

Chi-Pu finishes lashing Tianma to a nearby post when she looks over to see Kitakuhime preparing.

"Good morning! Can I help with anything?"

She calls out to the other woman, voice bright and crisp.
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:14 am

The younger Shiotome smiles brightly, greeting Chi-Pu with a gentle tone, "Good morning, Chi-Pu-senpai! There's cheese there, but I believe our guest might not enjoy it. We should have at least some rice ready. Can you heat the pot?"
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:22 am

Chi-Pu nods and walks to the campfire in the center. She begins to stack some wood and then stands, walking to her Yurt.

A few moments later she returns with a flint and steel, striking it until the kindling catches. Once the logs are burning on their own, the woman sets up the cooking pot.

"And who today are we meeting?"

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:31 am

She clears her throat, and grins playfully, "Seppun Hideo-o...san"

A few giggles and she takes the extra layer of fur off her shoulders, throwing it back into her yurt. "There's another important matter that I must inform senpai and Imane-chan."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:34 am

Chi-Pu pokes the flames once more and then stands, confident in their ability to burn even.

"Is it about the other night? What did Ide-sama say?"

Her expression turns quite serious and she walks closer to Kitakuhime so they can speak quietly.

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:46 am

"It is related, I believe." She nods, taking a seat for herself. With her eyes closed and a hint of a frown, the girl mentions, "Dabo-sama asked not to needlessly tell others: there's no need for panic. Yet..."

Kitakuhime crosses her arma over her chest, thinking deeply how she address the matter.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:51 am

Chi-Pu sits next to her superior and looks downward, in quiet contemplation as they wait for the arrival of their other Battle Maiden sister.

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:05 pm

They stay there for a while. The rice gets ready. The place gets warmer. Still, no sign of Imane.

"Eeeeto!" Kitakuhime turns to face Chi-Pu, leaning closer so she can whisper at her ear, "Khulun-san, Togashi Udo-san and I were awake last night nearby the Archery Fields, where a flock of creepy, ugly and putrid dead birds landed."

The girl gets even closer. "These foul creatures had visited them the night before with a message, and wanted to know if it was understood. When we demanded, it reveled itself as a former Miya, that now goes by the name of Kyioshi. The Onyx Champion, servant of the Dark Brother."

Chi-Pu's right arm gets gripped, and Kitakuhime almost hisses, trying to hold her anger, "It wants to offer an alliance with the Unicorn... against a common enemy."

Kitakuhime's snarls, "I said Begone!"

With a deep exhale, she looks to her left, where the Moto yurts are located. "Khulun-san said they might want to redeem themselves. The corrupted brother that had no love for his dear sister now seeks redemption... with what –– an alliance?"

"I disapprove."

She lets go of the other Shiotome's arm. "This Onyx Champion should return in three days. Khulun-san is reaching out to the other families to see what they have to say."

Kitakuhime fetches her hand, bringing it closer to her heart, "Please, Chi-Pu-senpai, keep an eye on her. Make sure she won't do anything stupid. If I go, I'll... I'll... bitchslap her back to proper sense. I do not want to show discord."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Chi-Pu frowns deeply.

"Otaku-sama..."

She takes a deep breath

"This is..This is a bad thing. Dark things. I have been speaking with trusted experts, learning what I can of the Oni. What you speak of now is just as bad! Oni serve the Dark Brother, this Onyx Champion might have brought it here!"

She glances around

"The Unicorn are not ready to face such things!"

She sighs and points off toward the center of the village

"And why has Ide-sama not said anything yet? We do not keep secrets from family!"

The older woman looks at the younger with fire in her eyes.

"Khulun may be brash, but she is a leader and people follow her. I will watch her, but Otaku-sama, we must begin to prepare ourselves. The Shiotome must be ready if this Champion decides he does not like Khuluns answer, or worse, if he can take her like the Shadows took others! We must also be ready to take action since it seems Ide-sama is not!"

Her low voice had steadily been growing louder, from a whisper at first to a normal conversation volume, filled with frustration.

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:26 pm

"Senpai!" Her tone was a bit higher, "Dabo-sama is doing the best he can. I am communicating with him –– directly. If this is a problem we brought in with us, we must get rid of it ourselves. If we make a big fuss about it, we'll lose face. We'll become the contagious malady no one wants. That would be even worse. Instead of finding out about one enemy, we'll make six others."

A sincere nod. "Yet, you're correct. We are the warriors. We must defend our Clan and seek aid of those that can provide us the means to destroy this evil. I'll send a message to both our Ladies about the subject. Meanwhile, we'll act as Dabo-sama solicited: in silence."

She squints her eyes a bit, trying to make those words sink on Chi-Pu's hard head, adding, "Like our charges: silent, pure and destructive. Can I count with you?"

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:49 pm

"You are certainly my student."

Chi-Pu sighs.

"Of course you can count on me, Otaku-sama. You always can."

Another sigh.

"There are a few Rokugani who saw the aftermath. They seem to know quite a lot of what is happening. I am going to speak with them, since they already know the Oni was here. I will let you know what I find. Until then, we should enjoy our guest when he arrives."

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Seppun Hideo on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:09 pm

Hideo had arrived with no idea what to expect from this invitation. He only knew that the woman who invited was important, and thus he treated it like such by wearing his finest kimono. It didn't take him long to locate the correct yurt, and he approached respectfully.
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:15 pm

Kitakuhime notices the incoming Imperial guests, and lifts herself up, making sure her attire and headband were in proper place. She bows to him with a warm, low toned greeting, "Good morning! This one is Otaku Kitakuhime, Shiotome to the Unicorn and heir to the Otaku. Has Inari-no-kami blessed Seppun-sama this morning?

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:01 pm

Chi-Pu stands and turns to the Imperial, mimicing Kitakuhime's bow.

"And I am Otaku Chi-Pu, Nikutai of the Otaku and mentor to Otaku-sama"

She smiles a beautiful white toothed smile at the manx observing how he responds

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Next

Return to Northwestern Yurts