[Day 2 - Early Morning] Entertainment for the Kami

[Day 2 - Early Morning] Entertainment for the Kami

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:37 pm

As the morning began at the village, Hotaru would start her mornings meandering the fields once more, save that she had little more direction this time around to avoid the animal pens. She allowed the faint winds of the land to guide her, moving where the air would have been direction and where they congregated together. Her search brought her to the archery fields, which shouldn't have been surprising. The open fields and the number of arrows that had flown through here had probably given the air kami an untold amount of entertainment in the past.

She drew out her bells from her satchel, ringing them in the air a few times to draw their attention to her. Once she managed to get their attention for a second, as the air spirits were fickle beings, she began to practice a small dance as an offering to them. She allowed the breeze to blow past her as she danced whenever it picked up, running through her long hair, the tassels on her robe and and even the bells.
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Re: [Day 2 - Early Morning] Entertainment for the Kami

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:04 am

The ringing had garnered some attention thst wasn't from an air kami. Hideo, leaving his yurt early, had gone for a walk to prepare for the day when he heard a bell. Curious, he followed the sound until he found a small Bayushi ..dancing in the archery fields.

Does anyone do actual archery here?

He didn't interrupt, just observing for the moment, offering a bow once his presence was noticed.
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:25 am

At the very least, Hotaru knew which side of the archery fields to stand on, so that she wouldn't be the target of arrows that were flying toward the right direction. Her dance was a small one, with slow deliberate movements and the use of her bells to ring for the attention of the kami in the winds. It would last a few more minutes before she finished with a prayer dedicated to them.

Once she recomposed herself, she noticed there was a Seppun there and she bowed in return. "Ohayou gozaimasu, Seppun-sama! My apologies for taking up space if you were planning to use the archery fields. I just felt fitting that the air kami get a change of pace of what they say around here," she chuckled.

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:14 am

"Good morning Bayushi-san. I was not intending to use the archery fields, so you may continue your respects to the Air Kami if you wish. They were very much enjoying playing with the bells" Hideo smiled "it was a lovely performance. I may not be an air kami but I found it a wonderful performance."

He bowed again in thanks.

"I am Seppun Hideo."
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:30 pm

Hotaru giggled with a faint blush on her cheeks. "Thank you very much for your kind words, Seppun-sama. It is my hope that they appareciated my performance but I am glad you did at the very least. I had just finished, actually. However, I doubt it will be my only performance here."

"I am Bayushi Hotaru, honoured priestess of Tengoku's Path. Pleased to meet you," she introduced herself in return.

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:43 pm

"I have yet to see any approach this field with a bow in hand, so the kami must be glad that some have come to pay respects to them. Perhaps archery has a different meaning to the Unicorn?"

Hideo moved to be within conversation distance.

"It is an honour to meet Bayushi-san. I hope you are well?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:33 pm

"That's strange, I would have thought that many arrows have flown here at one point. Maybe they had some time ago when our hosts haven't found themselves preoccupied with visitors such as ourselves!" She smirked at that. "They probably do all of their archery on horseback."

"I'm well, thank you!" She chuckled as she stowed away her staff of bells, so that it wouldn't make too much noise in their conversation. "It took some adjusting but I finally getting around to meeting the Unicorn Clan for what they are, rather than what I hear of them. I still haven't met a good share of them but I'm hoping to change that in time. Have you had the chance to acquaint yourself with many of them yet, Seppun-sama?"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:32 am

"Perhaps that's why we haven't seen them; they ride through on horseback, release a barrage of arrows, then ride onto the next area for training?" Hideo chuckled at this, amused at the idea of the Unicorn training circuit on horseback "they have been quite wonderful hosts though, so I would not be surprised if the many samurai with what would appear as odd ways are taking up much of their time. I have been blessed to meet with a few of them, and they have been quite interesting company. The majority are indeed different from what I have heard of them, except for the love of horses. This seems to be exactly how they appear to be."

He paused to look in the direction of the stables in the distance.

"I am yet to meet one of the legendary Shitome though."

He turned back to Hotaru.

"How did you find the banquet?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:22 am

"Oh, you've met them even prior to the miai. It should come as no surprise that they want to flock to someone as important as yourself, Seppun-sama! Personally, this is really my first time abroad and out of the Scorpion lands, as I spent most of my time performing my duties at the local temple. As pleased I am to meet the Unicorn for the first time, I'm also pleased to meet samurai of other Clans too."

Hotaru let out an anxious chuckle at the mention fo the banquet, her hands folding themselves overtop of her obi. "It was interesting! I didn't get to stay as long as I wanted, not enough to make an impression, but I think I stayed long enough to get an exposure of their cuisine. So much milk in everything...and so many different types of milk too. I saw that the 'cheese' seem to be a big hit with everyone..."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:50 am

"The first time out of the Scorpion lands, and you find yourself at the miai for the returning Unicorn. What an honour" Hideo spoke honestly "that almost every clan, great and minor, has attended this miai must make the Unicorn feel welcomed home. Even if it has been a culture shock for all provided" he chuckled, noting the girls reaction to the mention of the foods.

"It does seem they are focused on what they can gain from animals over from the land, which is understandable. They traveled so much, how would they gain the chance to grow plants? Goats and other animals are much easier to maintain and transport compared to growing and harvesting rice, and we cannot know if the lands beyond ours can even do it. However, even though it is quite a strange taste, I found it to be quite enjoyable. Even if I don't expect it to become a favorite within the Empire, it could perhaps become a feature for a short while."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:16 pm

"The Unicorn do have some rather distinctive tastes. Seppun-sama is right to say that they might see some appearances in the Empire. It makes me wonder if it will become a trend or remain a tresured custom among their people," she chuckled. Hopefully, the latter.

"It may be my first time abroad, and quite the first destination, but I think we have the Unicorn here to thank for their hospitality. Some people here made my stay a comfortable one when it comes to company. I have only talked to friendly Unicorns so far here."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:40 pm

"I'm not sure all of the customs will be so welcomed. Could you imagine the reaction if furs became a court trend?" Hideo smiled as he considered the reaction of some of the more flowery courtiers "I would assume the food is more likely to transmit from the Unicorn customs to other parts of the Empire. Or at least a few may do."

He wasn't sure the vast amount of cheeses would make it to Otosan Uchi.

"I would hope the tents find their way around the empire though. The size of them compared to our standard tents makes them certainly more ideal for a little more comfort when tents are required. Although it is my first time living in a tent, it's quite a change from Otosan Uchi" he chuckled at that "I'm not sure any have ever needed a tent there."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:44 pm

"It would be up to the Crane whether or not fur becomes a court trend. However, I can't picture that happening and the Crane have their limits. I do think there will be an exchange of samurai happening here nevertheless, some samurai will be entering the Unicorn and others will be taking in the Unicorn. I'm sure there will be a trade happening somewhere when it comes to cultures." She nodded soundly at that.

"It's my first time as well, but they are almost the same size as a house! I had envisioned something small and cramped at first, imagine surprise! I don't know if that would make the Unicorn easier guests when they bring their own accommodations with them. I kind of find it hard to picture where else they might be used in the Empire. There's always an inn or waystation along the roads are there not? Perhaps if you were hoping to house an army."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Seppun Hideo on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:09 am

"I'm not so convinced that only the Crane can set a trend Bayushi-san; the Scorpion can set a trend, as could the Imperial Families. However, I cannot see fur becoming a trend outside of the Unicorn, you are correct in that" Hideo nodded "I think the Miya would welcome these horses becoming available to those outside the Unicorn, not that I can see this happening either! We have much to give the Unicorn also though. Many items that I imagine would not have survived the rides outside our lands."

He nodded after that. "And for military deployments is what I was thinking when I reffered to the Yurts usage. I'm sure the Lion will certainly take an interest in them."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:49 pm

"Sometimes, Scorpion trends do trickle in from time to time," she said with a small smile. "The Crane don't set trends for everything, but admittedly their tradition is a strong one and many trust in the Crane knowing what is best. However, you are right to say that they shouldn't be the only one, Seppun-sama."

"The Unicorn horses seem admittedly bigger, and nothing close to the horses they have here. From what I hear of them, they seem to value their horses as much as their daisho. I wonder if they will be a little more lax with some of their traditions now that they're back and don't have to wander foreign lands anymore." She nodded soundly at that thought.

"It's rather kind of the Lion to allow the Unicorn possession of their former territories. Perhaps the first Clan the Unicorn own their thanks to, with all of their unique assets, may very well be the Lion. It's bound to be a strong partnership when many of them seem to be bushi-inclined if the Moto are any indication."

Bayushi Hotaru

Next

Return to Archery Field