Back on my feet (Day 2 late Morning)

Re: Back on my feet (Day 2 late Morning)

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:48 am

"Not a bad thing," she repeated with a smile.

Liu Yue flexed with her arm for a moment. The action caused her to become quite bashful, however, and she placed her arm back at her side.

"I can find my way easily," she said, "A natural sense, Daisuke-dono."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:01 am

"Always useful for a scout." He grinned. "And it seems in that way we are similar, I've always been good with finding my way, even as a child I never get lost when wandering the countryside."
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:30 am

Yue nodded. "I was always physically capable. I refused to allow any injury to change that."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:11 am

"That speaks well of you." He offered with a smile. "Many would try and take a different path all together." It would be easier after all, and honestly Daisuke couldn't say he would stick with being a bushi with so debilitating of a injury.

He looked up at her tilting his head to the side slightly. "This might strike you as a weird question... And I don't mean to offend. But are all women in your immediate family so tall?"

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:16 am

"I fight alongside my sister," she explained. There was much more she could say on the matter but her limited Rokugani kept it from becoming colorful and poetic.

She then shook her head. "My sister is not as tall as me. I am not ordinary, Daisuke-dono." She paused, reflecting on her word choice. "My answer is no," she continued before turning her gaze to look at the stalls.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:34 am

That was too bad, he didn't particularly want a tall wife, but if her entire family was that tall it might be worth while. Perhaps his kids wouldn't be as scrawny as him that way. It did seem he had touched on something of a sensitive subject though, and so he tempted to change it.

"Were there any other questions you wanted to ask me about my clan or myself then Shinjo-san?"

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:38 am

"Countless," she admitted. Yue turned back to him, smile on her lips. "I will always have questions. There is always more to learn." She continued to smile, now at her own words. Now those were colorful.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:40 pm

"Then Ask away Shinjo-san, I'll do my best to answer them." Of course there was probably many things he didn't know but the least he could do was try. And the girl seemed to like the thought of learning which was definitely a plus.

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:56 pm

Yue turned away again in reflection. Her first curiosity led to immediate family."Is your brother married, Daisuke-dono? Do you have other siblings? Are any of them present?" She smiled and decided to give him her side first. "I mentioned my older sister, Liu Fei. She is my only sibling. Have you met her? She is present for the miai."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:52 pm

"I'm from a big family myself, I have two older brothers an elder sister and three younger sisters. My eldest brother Arata was married, but he died in the recent fights against the barbarian invaders from the north, my other brother Makoto, is recently widowed, he may take another wife but he is currently in mourning. Chi-chan my elder sister is engaged to be married, but the recent fighting has pushed things back, and as for my younger sisters, Amaya, Kaoru, and Sora. Well they are still in school."

"None of them are present though, so it's just me here." From my entire clan, which wasn't unusual but well sometimes it did get lonely. "As for your sister, I haven't had the pleasure to meet her yet."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:01 pm

The woman scratched the back of her head. "Hai. Big family. Amaya, Sora," she trailed off before giving a sheepish smile. "Gomennasai." She swallowed. "My condolences for your eldest brother and your older brother's wife, Daisuke-dono."

"My sister is a fierce woman," she warned, half-serious. She smiled and bowed to him. "Arigatou gozaimasu. I enjoyed hearing about your family."

Even if I don't remember half of their names.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:41 am

He smiled slightly. "Thank you," He offered simply.

"So you're saying I should be careful if I meet your sister then?" He asked perhaps half teasingly, happy for the small change in the conversation. "And your welcome, it's been some time since I've seen most of my family, but we still keep in touch by letter."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:46 am

Yue gave a small chuckle. "If you seek to court her, she will test your strength. Physical and more, Daisuke-dono." She peered at him until she realized she was staring. Wait, is he trying to court me? Maybe I should have, no, don't think about it. She began to smile once more, the expression genuine. "Family is important, Daisuke-dono. It is good that you write letters to them."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:05 am

"Well, I can't say I'll court, but I can't say I won't either." He replied with a light chuckle. "I'd prefer to get to know a lady a bit before I fully committed to courting after all." As she looked him over he matched her gaze for a moment and flashed a smile.

"And aye I agree, though I didn't realize that until I was half a empire away from mine."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:05 am

The Shinjo's eyes shot open. His forwardness was enough to make even her blush. She scratched the back of her head with a smile on her face. "Hai. Getting to know someone is important, Daisuke-dono."

Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to The Streets of Dark Edge Village