[Day 1 - Early Morning] Close Encounter

Re: [Day 1 - Early Morning] Close Encounter

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:48 pm

The idea of the hunt got Hotaru thinking for a moment and entertained the possibility of her taking part of a hunt during the miai. Her pensive eyes went to Fiyanggu and the troublesome lamb that had run off. It was hard to picture stabbing such creatures with a small knife, if even they wronged her. The mess involved made that an undesirable prospect to imagine already, so much spiritual pollution!

"You don't suppose some of your kin have already tested some of the local game with their proud skills already, Iuchi-san? Are there tales of anyone returning with bears or wolves...are there?"
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:23 pm

"Here?" Saksaha thinks about this question for a moment before realizing what Hotaru is, probably, really asking about. "With so many people staying in one place for this miai, the big beasts will stay away, where there is easier prey they need not share with humans. If there even are any such beasts in these lands," she adds, doubtfully. "I do not know them well enough yet."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:17 pm

"That's a relief to hear!" She exclaimed with a relieved chuckle. "Nevertheless, I don't think I will try my hand at hunting. All the better to leave the task to both Usagi-san and your kin, Iuchi-san. It seems your people have a way with animals, both handling them and hunting them."

Her gaze looked to both the goat tended by Tomoe and the animals around the pen, mindful of the one who tried to eat her cloak earlier.

"I should get going to find my accommodations and set up for my stay here. It's been a long few days on the road. It would be good to shed my cloak and set my things down." She shuffled about the bag and other things she carried to indicate that. "Could either of you point me to the right way, please?"

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:25 pm

"I think I saw some of your kin heading to the northern-most camp, Bayushi-san," the Usagi offered and pointed in the direction of the collection of yurts.

She said nothing of what Hotaru would find inside. Oh no.

"I'm not quite sure if that's where all the Scorpion are staying, but people seem to be grouping together somewhat..."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:43 pm

"That should be a start at least, thank you, Usagi-san." Truly it was, the Unicorn were bound to give a better welcome than the lamb earlier. Unless they were also prone to chewing up people's clothes too...

She stashed away the piece of chewed cloak in a free pouch and wiped off the gross wet sensation from her hand. "Thank you for the conversation, minasama. Especially, thank you for the welcome, Iuchi-san. I look forward to learning more about your Clan in the next few days and enjoying the hospitality you've laid out for us. If they are half as friendly as you are, I think I'll have a pleasant stay here. Have a pleasant day and Fortunes bless both your path!"

Hotaru smiled brightly at her parting words and bowed deeply to excuse herself. She turned and made her way to the indicated direction, mindful of some of the livestock here. There was certainly no petting zoo...

/exit

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:05 am

"I am glad to have met you so early, Bayushi-san. I hope we will speak again soon." Hotaru's deep bow reminds Saksaha not to go for a hug or a handclasp at parting. Instead she waves cheerfully as the Scorpion girl makes her exit.

Saksaha bends to run her knuckles affectionately down the white goat's back, saying to Tomoe as she does so, "I should return to camp soon too, Usagi-san. This one needs taking care of, and I have pledged to meet some of my kinsmen for breakfast."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Previous

Return to Animal Pens