Beat the Heat (D2, EA)

Re: Beat the Heat (D2, EA)

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:22 pm

"This food looks delicious, Kitsune-san. Itadaikmasu!" Tomoe said cheerfully as she got her portion, and she didn't mind having some more of the cheese.

"How goes the miai for everyone? I'd love to hear about who you met and who has left a good impression!"
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:23 pm

He frowns a little. "My apologies, I'm still learning all of the mons. That one," he points, the bucket rising upwards easily while he does so with that hand, "Reminds me of the Shiba, but its not Shiba, you're Asako! Good to meet you, Asako-sama."

He nods a bit in the direction of the horse, "This one's Mori. I'm Shinjo Hanashi. And hai, we're to run a bit on the track. Mori gets upset if he stays too long in the stables, and between you and me, on hot days like today, the stables really start to smell like horse. Mori prefers to smell all this green when he can. Though I've got to be careful that he doesn't make himself too plump with all these riches."
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Ryuuta Tsume on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:39 pm

"I have only met a construction-interested monk named Suki and an imperial, Seppun Aramoro-sama. They were both nice, but I hope to meet more...available persons."

Tsume takes a tiny bit of the cheese and tastes it.
Piranha Clan • Courtier • Prone to Sadness • Likes Animals
Glory: 1.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 0
Carries: Wakazashi, Hat
Ryuuta Tsume

Postby Asako Yuki on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:45 pm

Shinjo Hanashi wrote:He frowns a little. "My apologies, I'm still learning all of the mons. That one," he points, the bucket rising upwards easily while he does so with that hand, "Reminds me of the Shiba, but its not Shiba, you're Asako! Good to meet you, Asako-sama."

He nods a bit in the direction of the horse, "This one's Mori. I'm Shinjo Hanashi. And hai, we're to run a bit on the track. Mori gets upset if he stays too long in the stables, and between you and me, on hot days like today, the stables really start to smell like horse. Mori prefers to smell all this green when he can. Though I've got to be careful that he doesn't make himself too plump with all these riches."

Yuki blinked and then blushed furiously in embarrassment. She'd been so distracted that she had said he could call her by the wrong name! The Phoenix maiden scrambled for her fan and brought it up to cover her face quickly. "H-hai, Shinjo-san. That is... th-that is quite accurate." She stammered behind the fan.

Still flushed to the point of her ears turning scarlet, the tall Phoenix maiden kept her face covered against the heat of the weather and her face. "It, uhh, it's a pleasure to meet you, Shinjo-san, and Mori-san. P-please, Asako-san is quite fine. No need to call me sama."

Yuki did pause for a moment. "Apologies, I... well. I don't really know what a lot of horses smell like."
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:59 pm

"Well, these have been in one place for a few days, so, unpleasant is one word for it. Still, the servants and grooms are doing their best."

He shrugs lightly, then sets down the bucket for Mori to take a drink patting the horse on one leg. "Phoenix don't have stables then?"
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:24 pm

Ryuuta Tsume wrote:"I have only met a construction-interested monk named Suki and an imperial, Seppun Aramoro-sama. They were both nice, but I hope to meet more...available persons."

Tsume takes a tiny bit of the cheese and tastes it.

"I just Met Suki San in my booth. She seems nice." The Moshi tried her best to eat but still the stab was there (metaphorically speaking) .
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Moto al-Kalb on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:10 am

As the field began to fill with others al-Kalb slowed Shamal to a trot and finally to a stop once he was sure the horse had properly cooled down and paced itself following the gallop. Sliding from the saddle he gives the horse a hearty pat before going over post ride care for the beast.

Satisfied he has seen to his steed's basic needs the large, shirtless Moto looks from one gathering to the next his eyes can't help but gravitate to the actual lion in their midst. Whispering a few words of command to his horse he leaves it to relax and graze for a bit near the field as he approaches the lion, the Lion, and his kin.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Hellhound • War Dog Overseer • Massive • Savage

Carries: Furs and leathers, daisho, coin purse
Where appropriate: Heavy Armor, ono, no-dachi, two war dog pups

Description
Moto al-Kalb

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:14 am

"I've met a few of the Unicorn women." Daisuke admitted as he tasted the stew. "Two Iuchia Saksaha, who seemed very kind and the other one Batul, who seemed rather well informed about the empire. As well as a Shinjo Liu Yue, who I also had a pleasant conversation with."

"But that's about it thus far.
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:27 am

Shinjo Taichi wrote:There is someone who lost more he thought, but kept quiet.

"Ah, I see. Fascinating..." His expression turned to one of thoughtfulness as he absorbed the words of wisdom. "I have seen a few people to whom that phrase seems most apt, I'll have to remember it. I believe there was also a mouse somewhere in the story?"

Kogo blinks. "I am unsure. There is the idea of someone playing with someone, like a cat with a mouse. Is this what you are thinking of?" He seems very tired...I hope that their camp was not so adversely affected.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:03 am

"Ah, yes. Of course." Noticing the slight change in her demeanor, he tried to perk himself up a little. Showing weakness was quite unbecoming, after all.

After a stern look to his horse that clearly told her to stay, he moved slightly toward the warcat, reaching out towards it slowly. "Do many in your clan train cats such as Noburu here? I'm aware that the Lion are one of the strongest, but how much of a role do they play in that ?"
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Yuzuki on Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:34 am

"I have met a number of people. Several Moto, Shinjo, and an Iuchi. They seemed earnest, at least. Though the... the latter one wanted to eat Kon, my cat."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Asako Yuki on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:23 am

Shinjo Hanashi wrote:"Well, these have been in one place for a few days, so, unpleasant is one word for it. Still, the servants and grooms are doing their best."

He shrugs lightly, then sets down the bucket for Mori to take a drink patting the horse on one leg. "Phoenix don't have stables then?"

"We do," the flustered Phoenix explained, still covering her face. "But I haven't spent much time there myself to know. My family has a few horses, but not enough to overpower the senses."
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Ryuuta Tsume on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:44 am

Yuzuki wrote:"I have met a number of people. Several Moto, Shinjo, and an Iuchi. They seemed earnest, at least. Though the... the latter one wanted to eat Kon, my cat."

"Gracious, eat a cat!?"

Tsume's face looses all reservation and stands open in shock.
Ryuuta Tsume

Postby Yuzuki on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:46 am

"I think he didn't know what a cat was. Thought I was keeping Kon around for food."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Ryuuta Tsume on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:10 am

"Oh."

Tsume regains her composure.

"It would be an extremely difficult thing to accomplish anyway. What a strange idea."
Ryuuta Tsume

PreviousNext

Return to Horsemanship Field