Day 2 [Early Evening] Test Your Might

Re: Day 2 [Early Evening] Test Your Might

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:03 pm

The Hare rolled her eyes. It was hardly the first time she heard that from a bushi. "Not all injuries are serious to begin with, but allowed to go unattended, can grow worse. Ide-san seem to have the wisdom to agree with that," she gave an appriciative smile to Amaya.

Oh yes, she knew Nintoku's weakness. And she just recruited an ally for a two-pronged attack.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:22 pm

She didn't know what had passed between the Lion and the Hare, or if it was anything more that bushi pride, but she had seen how this bushi answered insults to his pride. Rather than risking another flare of unpleasantness, and gaining an opportunity to curry some favour, nei? she silently chided herself, "I do agree, Usagi-Sama, but I'm sure Matsu-Sama is aware of his limitations. After all, I'm sure he will wish to be in good condition to wrestle Butaj-San."

She smiled at Usagi, sweet and guileless, "a compromise, perhaps? I will stay with Matsu-Sama for now and, at the first sign that his injury might be worsening, I will call for you. Is that agreeable to you both?"
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:36 pm

The Matsu was at a loss here; he simply did not know how to handle this situation. He pondered silently as the women talked between themselves.

"Usagi-san." he spoke calmly "I know that you might think it can worsen but this is not a battlefield." he gestured towards his lower leg "At most it will hurt for two days and when I say hurt I really mean uncomfortable."

He looked at the Ide "Thank you Ide-san but as I said it probably won't be necessary. Its just a small bruise."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:39 pm

Tomoe had to stop herself from giving Nintoku the same treatment she'd give someone like Yuuru, and instead she opted for a smile and bow to Amaya. "I will leave him in your care then, Ide-san," she seemed most amiable to this solution, and gave Amaya a knowing smile.

"And I trust this will not get in the way of the lessons in the morning, Matsu-sama. I quite look forward to it now after having seen your skill," the Hare bowed deeply to the Matsu.

Guess that shows Mantis are more practical than Matsu, heh.
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:44 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:"Well... I hope you enjoyed this impromptu lesson in Matsu aggression and Mantis obstinance." Yuuru said with a smirk.

"Both played their parts to perfection."

"It was a performance, indeed," Saksaha says dryly. "But I think the play would become dull if it is performed too often."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:45 pm

With the slightest raise of one eyebrow she spoke to Matsu, "the ache can be its own reward, nei?" and, again, she spoke without art or guile. A simple, honest statement. "I will not begrudge you that, but I do hope you will see to being in fine form for the remainder of this ma-ai."
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:00 pm

He sighed of relief when Tomoe stopped pressing the issue; having a pretty woman like Tomoe treating his leg while another pretty woman like Amaya hawked over wasn't his plan for today.

The mention of the morning training blindsided him and once more he found himself in an awkward situation. "Yes." he managed to blurt out stiffly before turning to Anaya "I teach self defense. Nothing fancy. Basic even."

He sighed once more, this time at himself. Better to speak as little as possible.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:01 pm

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:"It was a performance, indeed," Saksaha says dryly. "But I think the play would become dull if it is performed too often."

He chuckled, "Don't be too worried if I tell you there's a fair amount of repeating that goes on with those particular motifs in this empire."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:03 pm

Choking down a snicker, the Hare bowed and stepped away from the two 'turtledoves'. "Fortunes watch over you both then."

Kami, you are such an easy target, Matsu-kun!
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:07 pm

"Self defense," she didn't even attempt to conceal the note of excitement in her voice. "Matsu-Sama, you are lucky that I have a good memory, or else I will need to start writing down the list of admirable traits you have shown." She mimes holding a calligraphy brush and traces the character for prudent in the air.

"It's a noble thing, to teach others. To give so selflessly."

Ide Amaya

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:11 pm

"Oh its nothing special Ide-san." he replied, his cheeks still a faint red "I just find it easier to practice like that."

"But what about Idee-san?" he replied trying to shift the focus from him to her "I am sure she has many more talents than me."
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:21 pm

"It is my shame to disappoint you, Matsu-Sama, for this one has tried many things, but mastered none. She is the source of great disappointment to her parents and her sensei." She thought on her performance at the language event, mere hours ago, and shook her head.

Ide Amaya

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:28 pm

"It is no disappointment Ide-san" his tone was warm "I am also not particularly good at anything. I just practice a lot."
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:31 pm

"Your modesty does you great credit, Matsu-Sama. Do you enjoy the softer arts?"

Ide Amaya

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:38 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:
Iuchi Saksaha wrote:"It was a performance, indeed," Saksaha says dryly. "But I think the play would become dull if it is performed too often."

He chuckled, "Don't be too worried if I tell you there's a fair amount of repeating that goes on with those particular motifs in this empire."

"Hm. Of all the challenges of this homeland of ours, that is one I did not foresee. We are a people used to new scenes, so I will dare to hope that our new neighbors will not be too... repetitive."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo