Daily History Lessons (Day 1, Late Morning)

Re: Daily History Lessons (Day 1, Late Morning)

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:06 pm

"Of course!" She nodded along at the young woman's talk of her Family's role, deferring to her explanation as she hasn't met too many Imperials before. "I get feeling that's what most of us are eager to learn from the Unicorn, as they supposedly brought much of their curiosity with them..." Milk. Furs. Killer lambs.

"...but probably the best way to learn is to converse with them. It seems Usagi-san is doing a good share of that herself right now and I can only imagine the vast amount of knowledge she picked up from her conversation with her audience."
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Seppun Hitako on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:09 am

"Hai, true. On the other hand, one thing I was taught was that those that observe can learn things other than what those doing the talking learn. If that makes sense."
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:38 pm

She nodded soundly a few times, understanding what she was getting at. The Scorpion do observe too, if for different reasons. "I think I do understand, Seppun-sama. Your founder was legendary as one of the first witnesses to the Kami, so I'll trust your wisdom on that. However, participation is demanded from us all eventually. It seems absolutely the case when all of us are destined to find our match here, ne?"

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Seppun Hitako on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:24 am

"That is true enough, hai. Additionally, it is a chance to make contacts and allies among the others participating in this unique opportunity. Perhaps some of these shall be among the movers and shakers in years to come?"
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:26 pm

She chuckled softly, "It may not be so obvious now, especially with the large injection of samurai the Empire is experiencing in such a short time! Perhaps, if there is to be a fortuitous pairing where two equally successful samurai find themselves paired together to advance their careers. Of course, some might find success in marriage, only needing a partner to complement them so that they can elevate themselves ten-fold. It's my wish that such couples find Benten too in their relationship. It's often difficult to have everything, but we can hope."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:37 am

"Benten is good. But, for the choosing, perhaps Fukurokujin should be prayed to, for wise choices?" She smiled slightly. "And, not all pairings will be balanced. Hmm, and who says it will be one's pairing that will be important? Perhaps it will be those you meet on the fringes of groups, who then become famous and important, and 20 years from now, I will tell my children about the famous Bayushi Hotaru-san, who is now Emerald Champion?"
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:16 pm

Hotaru blinked thrice at Hitako's words and then bowed with an abashed laugh, holding it there far longer than necessary. She spoke once more when she straighted. "...I'm immensely flattered by you for saying that's even a possibility, Seppun-sama! I do understand your meaning, that success could find its way to anyone. Chance encounters could be considered legendary ones. The fates work in strange ways that make it seem like coincidences from time to time. I know such possibilities exist, as a professional diviner."

She nodded. "In that case, Fukurokujin-no-kami would be indeed one fo the key Fortunes...so that I can make choices to get remotely close to what Seppun-sama said could be."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Seppun Hitako on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:07 am

"Or perhaps other fates - Chancellor of the Imperial Court, or Personal Shugenja to a Champion. Such has happened before to those many considered minor players, has it not? Within our lifetime, even, hai? Is not the current Chancellor such an oddity, a minor Clan member, risen to great heights for reasons we know not?"
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:05 pm

Well, freak accidents do happen too, from time to time. She thought to herself regarding a minor Clan samurai in a position so close to the Throne. Not too along ago, there was also a Sparrow Emerald Champion, which didn't last too long.

She nodded a few times. "Perhaps! We can't be certain anything won't happen in such an age! Seeing as you're more than kind to entertain the possibilities of others reaching high heights in their career, I could only imagine that Seppun-sama must have greater aspirations in her mind potentially. Do you dream too of a day where you might have such an honour to have others learn from your actions?"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Seppun Hitako on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:28 pm

"Ah, only any students I might have. As a shugenja, of the Seppun, my ambitions are quite focused. It might, if I should be so blessed, happen I might retire to the Temple of the Ten Thousand, I suppose."
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:08 pm

"Spoken like a model samurai of your Family. I shouldn't have thought any differently, especially with your sacred duty to the Emperor. Still, I'm sure that even humble efforts will warrant some attention when performed at the right time, which is needless to say, all the time when it comes to the Seppun."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Seppun Hitako on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:25 am

"So it is. Our duty, as you noted, is sacred. We think of little else, in the end." She gives a small shrug. "We are what we are."
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:36 pm

She smiled encouragingly at Hitako and bowed politely to excuse herself. "Nevertheless, I should allow you to return to your observations, Seppun-sama! We'll likely run into each other sometime soon, especially if you find yourself on this side of the camp. Have yourself a pleasant date and carry the Fortunes!"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Seppun Hitako on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:57 am

"May the Fortunes guide you as the week passes." Hitako gives a bow, then turns back to observing.
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Previous

Return to Northern Yurts