Tea In The Morning (D2 LM) [Mizuki's Room, Private]

Re: Tea In The Morning (D2 LM) [Mizuki's Room, Private]

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:27 am

Didn't he already ask me this last night? Maybe this is a fallback question. Maybe he's as nervous as I am.

Mizuki smiles. "I do a little acting, but otherwise, I don't really practice any arts. My mother has an artistic soul, but I guess it is one more thing that I did not inherit from her."
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Akil on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:31 am

It was entirely possible he had. Perhaps just a lapse of memory? Or perhaps a show for the Bayushi. Either way, he nodded. "Of course." He canted his head a moment. "You wore the mask yesterday, but are not this morning, even though Bayushi-sama is. What is the purpose of the mask?"
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:06 am

"There are many reasons for the mask in Clan. Our Kami wore a mask. To add a bit of mystery. To distract our foes. A simple fashion accessory. But one of the main reasons is to show our true face. All samurai wear masks. A Crane's on is as much as of a mask as my literal one. We're just honest about it." Mizuki takes a sip and she decides how to phrase the next bit delicately.

"I..." Mizuki takes another sip and regrets not having sake. "I did not wear my mask for a specific reason." She glances around wondering how to go on and sees her friend. Drawing strength from him, she turns back to Akil. "I am my mother's betrayal. My parents love each other. But when my mother was young, she was invited to study at the Kakita arts academy." Mizuki takes another sip. "I want you to understand what the Yogo Curse is. My father loves my mother and forgave her. He accepted me as his and tried to love me as his own. But it still hurts him." Mizuki's tone shows an obvious respect and admiration for the man.

Mizuki studies her drink. "I would not think less of you if you simply enjoy the rest of this tea and then consider your other options." Mizuki takes her drink. Note: Next time, make it sake, not tea. "However, if it does not dissuade you, then know I have no more secrets." Not that such obvious things can be called a secret. "That will be the worst you will have to handle."

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:36 am

Suteichi did not like being questioned about his mask still being on. He maintained his On and sipped his tea.

I was beginning to like you Shinjo. Don't question about me.

"Refill, Yogo-sempai?!" he asked. He was not going to take his mask off to make him comfortable. If Mizuki requested it of him he would do it. He would not like it, but he would.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Akil on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:14 am

Akil listened to every word, nodding carefully as he sipped his tea. Once she was done speaking, his cup was set down. "As I told you yesterday, Yogo-sama, I am disinterested in disqualifying someone due to factors outside of their control," his voice remained calm, and even. "I do appreciate your honesty regardless. It is not easy to speak about one's past, especially when one's past has been hard. And the lesson on a Scorpion's mask is quite the interesting one, indeed."

He took his cup again, studying it a moment. "You have told me so much about you. I think it is entirely fair for you to ask more about me." And then he took a sip.

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:41 pm

Mizuki nods his reassurance. "Thank you."

"You said before that you were trained in the warrior ways if your Clan, but don't know what you will do now. May I ask what happened?"

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Akil on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:51 pm

He nodded. She was going to find out anyway. "During the ride, we fought in many battles. During one of them," a breath, then he continued, "I had noticed an enemy preparing a dishonorable assault on the Otaku daimyo. I called out to earn, but she could not hear, and so I charged forward. I have never been the fastest with my blade, so once Setem brought me there, I did the best thing I could think of: I got in the way."

He touched his right shoulder. "The wound... Never healed properly. And likely never will. So the Iuchiban's have recommended me stay out of active combat."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:55 pm

Hmmm...A hero. A protector. Loyalty is fine trait to have Shinjo-sama.

Suteichi merely nodded in approval at his story. He continued to listen to the exchange.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:10 pm

Mizuki listens intently. "An honorable sacrifice, Shinjo-san." Mizuki smiles a sad, sweet smile. She wants to say something more, but what hasn't been said a million times? So, she's honest. "A willingness to sacrifice at any cost. That's something the Scorpion value very much. Any man can wield a blade. Few have the courage to stand in front of one." And maybe a little advertisemental.

A hero. Father would happy with that. Mizuki thinks for a moment. Maybe, I could be too.

Mizuki takes another drink. "What are you looking for in a wife?"

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:13 pm

OOC EDIT: Dumbass me meant to send a joke in a PM and accidentally posted it. Please delete.
Last edited by Yogo Mizuki on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Akil on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:42 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki listens intently. "An honorable sacrifice, Shinjo-san." Mizuki smiles a sad, sweet smile. She wants to say something more, but what hasn't been said a million times? So, she's honest. "A willingness to sacrifice at any cost. That's something the Scorpion value very much. Any man can wield a blade. Few have the courage to stand in front of one." And maybe a little advertisemental.

A hero. Father would happy with that. Mizuki thinks for a moment. Maybe, I could be too.

"I just did what any Samurai would do in my sandals," Akil offered, "it's not exactly how I imagined becoming a hero as a kid." Another sardonic chuckle.

"In a wife?" He considered, "well, I suppose I have been thinking more about clan. I think I would be best of in a clan with some form of an artistic tradition, as I have more base with artistry than strict court. As for the woman herself," he considered, "well, being pretty like you would certainly help."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:50 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:
Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki listens intently. "An honorable sacrifice, Shinjo-san." Mizuki smiles a sad, sweet smile. She wants to say something more, but what hasn't been said a million times? So, she's honest. "A willingness to sacrifice at any cost. That's something the Scorpion value very much. Any man can wield a blade. Few have the courage to stand in front of one." And maybe a little advertisemental.

"I just did what any Samurai would do in my sandals," Akil offered, "it's not exactly how I imagined becoming a hero as a kid." Another sardonic chuckle.

"In a wife?" He considered, "well, I suppose I have been thinking more about clan. I think I would be best of in a clan with some form of an artistic tradition, as I have more base with artistry than strict court. As for the woman herself," he considered, "well, being pretty like you would certainly help."

"You are a hero to be remembered, regardless of age Shinjo-sama. Your children and children's children shall tell the tale of how their ancestor performed a noble deed." Suteichi spoke kindly.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:12 pm

Mizuki gives an uncomfortable blush at being called pretty. She knows she is. But she's the wrong kind of pretty in her own eyes. But still. It's nice to be called pretty.

When Suteichi speaks, Mizuki nods in agreement.

"Well, as one of the Clans most dedicated to Court, the Scorpion have a strong artistic tradition. The Shosuro in particular are famous for there arts. And the Yogo..." Mizuki gives a sardonic smile. "Well, if there is a benefit to being cursed to betray the one you love most, it gives plenty of inspiration for the arts."

He had asked her about the arts twice. Her own nervousness about her history and if it would be accepted kept her from paying enough attention. She should have realized the arts were important to him. "Do you enjoy any other arts besides playing the flute?"

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Akil on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:15 pm

"Bayushi-sama is kind to say such," he bowed his head in respect.

"The flute is the only art I practice, though I have an appreciation for other performance arts. Acting is a thing that may interest, though Unicorn plays have a tendency for the... Ridiculous."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:37 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:"Bayushi-sama is kind to say such," he bowed his head in respect.

"The flute is the only art I practice, though I have an appreciation for other performance arts. Acting is a thing that may interest, though Unicorn plays have a tendency for the... Ridiculous."

"A musician?! Just so happens I have a samisen in my yurt. Perhaps we'll play sometime?"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

PreviousNext

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms