Day 2 [Early Evening] Test Your Might

Re: Day 2 [Early Evening] Test Your Might

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:27 pm

The Mantis victory reignited the Matsu's fury; a seething rage that filled his body to the full and that required all his restrain to keep in check. He turned to the Ide calmly "If you can excuse me for a minute Ide-san"

He paced towards the competitors, his face a portrait of calm marred by two eyes where a cold rage brewed. "The founder of the Mantis Clan, Kaimetsu-Uo, had the blood of my family coursing through his veins through his mother. Many were the Matsu that joined him in his self-imposed exile in order to lay the foundations for your clan." he spoke in a cold polite tone "Now I can clearly see that if any of that Matsu blood remained, it has diluted away in a sea of wretchedness and vileness."

"You are an example of your Clan. An opportunistic wretch with the stubbornness, and finesse, of a plow ox." he continued in the same tone, his eyes never leaving the Mantis "I gave you more than enough chances to retreat and wait for you time but you met each of them with an attitude that I can not place in either your lack of grace, sheer stupidity or trying to aggravate me."

He took a deep breath "You disgust me."

"I am Matsu Nintoku, son of Matsu Keika and Matsu Kanmu, kuge of the Matsu family and descendant of Lady Matsu through her daughter Matsu Kiriko." he proclaimed "I could sit here and tell you my whole lineage but to do so would be to waste my time with one as base as you."

"You wish to fight? Very well. You will fight me. A true son of Matsu." he issued his challenge "The Matsu have a tradition of wrestling and barehanded fighting that would fit this setting perfectly. I will wait until you heal or until you recover your breath. It doesn't matter. You have already lost."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:35 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:Yuuru paused for a second and then takes her hand, "This is a greeting of yours right?"

She clasps his hand firmly with her small one for a moment. "A greeting--or to seal an agreement," she says with a small nod, and then lets go, suddenly a bit self-conscious. She's been doing pretty well at remembering not to touch people, but between feeling somewhat at ease, and the familiar sounds and sights of the wrestlers at play... it slipped her mind this time. Oops.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Matsu Yurio on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:38 pm

Well that had escalated quickly. Despite the prickly relationship forming between Nintoku and Yurio, the Lion had unwritten rules and this was a properly issued challenge, so Yurio moved to just behind Nintoku to give support.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Yuzuki on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:47 pm

She blinked.

Angry kitty!
Bop him on the nose!

And blinked again.

"My challenge was issued first. Out of respect for you, I deferred to Moto-san rather than press the matter. He said we could both attack, so I did."

She shrugged.

"I really don't see what the problem is."

Oh come on! Don't be a coward!
Fight! Fight!
Bop him on the nose!

"I have given neither you nor your ancestors insult. You however, choose to insult my ancestors for no reason. So I shall take your challenge. Same rules. First three points."

Rather than choose to catch a breath or get healed, she adopted a fighting stance.

Initiative: 3d10o10k2 11
stance: attack
atn: 15
wounds: 10
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Asako Yuki on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:49 pm

Yuki's eyes went wide as the Matsu laid down a... rather severe challenge... to the Mantis. She covered her mouth with her hands at the harsh words and looked around the room, seeing if anyone would try to diffuse the situation.
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:57 pm

The foolhardiness of the Mantis surprised him and his reaction was slower than expected. He braced for her attack.

---

Initiative - 8
Attack Stance
ATN 15
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:00 pm

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:
Soshi Yuuru wrote:Yuuru paused for a second and then takes her hand, "This is a greeting of yours right?"

She clasps his hand firmly with her small one for a moment. "A greeting--or to seal an agreement," she says with a small nod, and then lets go, suddenly a bit self-conscious. She's been doing pretty well at remembering not to touch people, but between feeling somewhat at ease, and the familiar sounds and sights of the wrestlers at play... it slipped her mind this time. Oops.

She blinks as the Matsu escalates things way beyond a friendly wrestling trial. Oh. It's that boy from yesterday. The jumpy one.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Yuzuki on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:04 pm

Once the Lion adopted his position in the ring, and the match began; Yuzuki rushed forward with a quick sweep of the legs, hopefully forcing the angry-looking Matsu to the ground in the first point of the match. She held back from angling her feet in such a way as to inflict maximum damage, choosing instead to focus purely on forcing him down.

Jujitsu/Agility, 2 raises for knockdown, mantis tech, TN25: 5d10o10k3 39
Damage: 3d10o10l1 7
Contested Strength, Round #1: 3d10o10 23
stance: attack
atn: 15
wounds 10
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:10 pm

"Baka..." Tomoe muttered under her breath as the situation escalated rather suddenly. This looked like it could get ugly.

Matsu were known for hitting quite, quite, hard, and she tensed up visibly as the two of them clashed.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:14 pm

Amaya quickly hid her face behind her fan, alarmed as Matsu's rage seethed and bubbled over. She listened carefully to the Lion's challenge, but the fan hid the thoughtful purse of her lips. She visibly winced as the Mantis girl struck her opponent.
Last edited by Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:15 pm

The Mantis was fast but the Matsu was experienced. His good position, and sheer physical superiority, allowed him to resist the leg sweep. He eyed the woman coldly but internally admitted that her resilience and stubbornness must be a product of her Matsu heritage however diluted it might be.

Instead of aiming to knock her out, he decided to end the fight in one movement, lunging towards her. Once she was under his grasp her defeat would be all but inevitable.

---

Resist - 27 SUCCESS
Initiating Grapple - 49
Grapple Control - 38
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Yuzuki on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:19 pm

His strength surprised her. Though it probably shouldn't have.

Oh right, Matsu are the buff ones...

Then his follow up with a grapple grab seemed to work for the Lion, as Yuzuki failed to break free.

Grapple Control, TN38, YOLO.: 4d10o10k3 18
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:31 pm

A common misconception is thinking that a Lion kills by goring their victims; their claws and teeth are quite fearsome and when used they certainly can maim a person but it is not their way of killing. Lions asphyxiate their preys, robbing them of their will to fight by slowly crushing their wind pipes.

Nintoku's technique very much attempts to emulate that by locking the Mantis is a complex lock, severely reducing her mobility and potentially inflicting quite a bit of damage if he desires so.

"You have lost. Concede." his tone was calm "You have no possibility to win."

---

(Delaying action until she answers)
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Yuzuki on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:38 pm

"Not the rules of the game," she said with laborous breath; while simultaneously trying to get free again.

Contested Strength to control grapple, Round 2: 4d10o10k3 17
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:42 pm

He sighed at her stubbornness and tightened his grip as she struggle "You can always submit. The rules of the game say nothing about me incapacitating you."

"Concede."
---

Controlling the grapple - 34
Description
Matsu Nintoku

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo