The Doctor is IN (Day 1, LM, Open)

Re: The Doctor is IN (Day 1, LM, Open)

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:46 pm

"Hai, and I imagine the finer arts of the Kakita, the statues and paintings... poetry..."

A soft sigh.

"I know it may take time, but I'm certain those arts will be a welcome addition to their homes."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:57 pm

Fukawa nods.

"Actually, it will be interesting to see if they can bring their experiences outside the Empire to our own artwork. They've seen things that no one else has or will. Whether or not those experiences will become acceptable to see in artwork remains to be seen." she muses.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:58 pm

"Hai. I am certain we will all have some time spent... adapting."

With a small shrug, he added, "I hope I am not keeping you from your business, I do tend to prattle on..."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:00 pm

Fukawa shrugs and gestures about the village with her fan.

"There is little enough to do to occupy one's time in this village, but converse." she offers. "However, if you have other matters to attend to, I completely understand."

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:06 pm

"None pressing, though I will need to return and unpack at some stage."

He smiled faintly. "As a doctor, I packed a bit more then necessary, just to be on the safe side. It's a bad habit I have."

Soshi Taira

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:44 am

Fukawa looks thoughtfully at her fan.

"I mostly hope I did not underpack. I did not see so much as a boutique for many miles on the way here. I suppose it evokes in a way the hardship of the Unicorn as they wandered outside the Empire. While I can appreciate the message, not being able to have a servant run out and pick up the perfect blend of tea for an unexpected meeting is quite vexing." she returns.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:39 am

Taira considered that.

"That is true... hopefully your guests will be ready to embrace the same philosophical view of the situation."

Soshi Taira

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:57 pm

This elicits a small shrug from the Crane.

"Perhaps. There have been hardships a plenty about the Empire in recent years. One hesitates to guess the attitude of such a diverse group of samurai gathered for a miai." she replies.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:14 pm

"Fair."

He chuckled. "I guess my line of work has led me to tend toward estimation."

Soshi Taira

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:53 pm

This causes the Crane to raise one elegant eyebrow.

"Oh? And what is your initial assessment of the Unicorn, if I may ask, Soshi-san." she inquires, curious.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:30 pm

Taira looked at their surroundings.

After a moment, he lowered his chin, letting his tall collar obscure his lips, up to just below his nose.

"Honorable, but ignorant of what they have wandered into. One hopes this meeting will open their eyes, as much as they hope to open ours."

His voice was quiet, and the Crane might miss it, if she didn't listen with a courtier's ears.

Soshi Taira

Postby Doji Fukawa on Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:06 am

Fortunately, Fukawa did have such ears, because she was a courtier of the Crane, and not some opportunistic bog hag.

"Hmmm, on that we agree." she offers. "Hopefully, the same sort of savvy that saw them through the sands and foreigners of all stripes will help minimize the amount of....shall we say colored information they take in, and that they shall not upset the balance of the Empire?"

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:36 am

Taira chuckled.

"It's too late for that. The question now is what new balance is struck, and who benefits. In that, at least, our interests align."

Raising an eyebrow, he added, "After all, our clans prefer peace, and promoting a balance that ensures it."

With a small shrug, he glanced at the administration building.

Soshi Taira

Postby Doji Fukawa on Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:10 pm

Uh-huh, a piece for the Scorpion and a piece for the Lion. Fukawa thought.

Fortunately, she had much experience in playing a good little Crane.

"That is a noble sentiment coming from you Soshi-san." she offered encouragingly. "There's been more than a little talk about how the Unicorn have upset the Lion. Hopefully, as the Lion's closest allies, your clan will convince them of the wisdom in following the path of Jizo."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:55 pm

Taira nodded.

"It is only right to be compassionate as they try to integrate back into the empire... and resume stewardship of their old lands."

A small shrug. "Though it may not seem it, I favor another clan coming to give the Lion a... ... rival... you might say. Perhaps similar strengths will deter conflict." That was likely idealistic at best, but it was his ideal.

Soshi Taira

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center