[D2 - EA] Communion II

Re: [D2 - EA] Communion II

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:08 am

Yue began to smile nervously. "I am lost, Yuichi-dono." The combination of uncharted spiritual talk combined with Rokugani was starting to wrack her brain. "However, I like to believe I am blessed," she continued with a smile.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:58 pm

'' If you believe so, good. '' He says. '' But kami are not the solution to everything. Perhaps your strength or abilities are simply part of you. As I was saying, kami act in strange ways, one could never we certain if one's abilities come from the kami or just simply because you were born with them. There's a method to know for certain if someone is blessed but I'm not a Kitsu '' He tries to explain.

The Yogo noticed that Yue was confused by all this talking. He smiles behind his mask.

'' Haha, If you were not confused then you would be the wisest person I have met. The kami no michi is quite difficult to understand, even for us shugenja. '' He says.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:42 pm

The Unicorn smiled on all accounts. "I am pleased to be as strong as I am. If it is the kami, I am thankful. If not, then I can pride myself on it." She blinked and then tilted her head slightly. "Kitsu? Why the Kitsu?"

A sly smirk grew on her face after he spoke of wisdom. "But I still among the wiser, Yuichi-dono?" She let out a small laugh, only growing louder if the Yogo joined her.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:59 pm

'' The Kitsu family of the Lion have a very deep connection to the spiritual worlds. They have develop a type of ritual that allows them to see and detect the connection between individuals and the spirits. How do they do that? I don't know...'' He shrugs.

'' Ha! Wiser than most, yes.'' He smirks. Yuichi thinks this girl quite interesting.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:04 pm

"Sou desu ka. Are any of the Kitsu present here?" She let out a soft sigh. "It is living in two different worlds, Yuichi-dono."

She calmed herself down from giggling. "I am glad you think so." She tilted her head. "It is a shame that others are not as courteous to you, Yuichi-dono." Her expression turned more serious. "Could you tell me more about the Yogo Family?" She looked to him not with judgment but rather curiosity. After all, he had mentioned that his Family was that of outcasts.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:46 pm

'' Perhaps. I have seen some Matsu but no Kitsu. I really don't know '' He shrugs.

Now this is going to be interesting '' You want to know about the Yogo family? '' He smirked. '' Very well. We are one of the two Scorpion families with shugenja traditions. But we did not come from the original followers of Bayushi. The first Yogo was a Phoenix and he was the husband of Lady Asako, his true love. Asako Yogo was a great and powerful shugenja as well a good general, he was a devoted follower of both Isawa and Shiba-no-kami... '' He started telling the Story of Yogo.

'' During the First War against Jigoku and the Ninth kami, the fallen brother, Yogo was cursed. Some say by a powerful Maho Tsukai, other says that the curse came from the Ninth himself. No matter what version is the real one, the curse still lingers on in his bloodline, in other words, in us...'' He smiles to her, curious bout what is Yue's reaction. He continues.

''The curse causes that once in our lifetime we are going to betray the person or thing that we love the most. It cannot be avoided, by for example decieving yourself and try to trigger it into another person. If you try to avoid the curse, the betrayal will be even more terrible and complete. Furthermore some among my family do believe that the curse will follow you kharmicly into your next life if you take your own life.''

'' The more you love, the greater the betrayal. The only way that you can avoid its effects is by no loving anything or anyone. My father triggered his curse, causing my mother's death. Overwhelmed by grief, the fool took his own life.'' He told that personal annecdote without any sentiment or feeling. Yuichi's voice is completely neutral.

'' Over the years many of my ancestors have tried to find a cure to the curse, without success. But because of this research we have gain deep insight into permanent magical effects and how to create them, as you saw previously with the wards.''

'' That's basically our story Shinjo-san'' He smirks behind his mask and waits for Liu Yue reaction.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:58 pm

Yue had heard about Families changing Clans. The news of a curse, in general, did not surprise her; she was sure that it had to be something of the sort to be the source of the Yogo's bad reputation. It was the nature of the curse that made her concerned. At a miai, of all things?

She kept silent on the matter of the man's father. She wanted him to finish his tale rather than offer her petty consolations.

"Sou desu ka," she replied at the end. She never wanted to voice such an opinion but she was surprised such a family even survived. She looked back at the earth ward in her hand. "Arigatou gozaimasu. It is a fascinating history, Yuichi-dono." She wondered if it was difficult for him to tell her of such things. Likely not, unless he is skilled at hiding things. Then again, with those masks of theirs it's impossible to read these Scorpions.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:22 pm

'' Now you know why these other fools keep their distance from us. Actually, I do understand them. I wouldn't approach someone like me.''

'' So this whole miai thing is just a formality for me. The family elders send me, and Mizuki, to find spouses but the chances are quite low, probably nonexistent. If it were up to me, I would never have kids. Why I would want that my sons or daughters, that come to this world, suffer with the curse? ''

'' Haha! It would be more safe for the Empire to just kill us all, something like that. The Emperor making a decree to wipe us. It would be far more safer for the Empire and for their people if Yogo's bloodline will be wiped out of existence. In my opinion Yogo was a bloody fool. Everybody would have been happy without us lurking around if he just had committed suicide''

Yuichi extended his hand so as to retrieve the earth ward.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:29 pm

"We do not choose our destiny, Yuichi-dono," she said as a consolation. "We must follow our Duty and it is best that we make peace with it."

She gave a solemn smile. "You said that suicide does not end the curse. The curse may have resurfaced elsewhere, Yuichi-dono." Yue held out the earth ward as requested, the weak smile still on her lips.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:59 pm

'' Ha! You are right! Well not everyone in the family agrees about suicide because it could be quite difficult to explore that possibility... ''

'' Well I have told you my family story. What about yours? I don't know anything about the Shinjo except the stories from before you left the Empire...'' Yuichi asked. He also opened his scroll satchel and put the earth ward inside.
Last edited by Yogo Yuichi on Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:24 am

He is certainly a morbid man...

Yue nodded and complied with his request. "We are the leaders of the Unicorn Clan. I am certain you already knew that, Yuichi-dono." She continued to tell of the Kami's various deeds and the rest of her Family. By the end of it, it was clear that she was exhausted thinking back to all of it. It was especially trying due to her translating it all in a sensible way in Rokugani.

---

OOC: Sorry for not going into exposition on it. I'm not feeling like typing out the history of Shinjo/Unicorn ^^;

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:51 am

Yuichi understood most of the stories and history that Yue was telling. Little by little he was getting used to the gaijin accent of Yue's Rokugani. He actually was enjoying his time here, this was far more interesting than the crap that was discussed during the Scorpion gathering.

From his perspective Yue was still a gaijin, but a gaijin that show promise and merits. She is far more interesting than the pompous fools that most of his clanmates are.

He also noticed that she was exhausted with the complete translation of her Clan's history. '' It's a very interesting story Shinjo-san. Thanks. I must have to admit that I didn't have too much 'hope' for your clan, but you are proving me completely wrong. And for that I must apologize. Gomen nasai'' He bows to the Unicorn girl.

'' Oh, by the way. From where is your accent from? You know other languages? You said your people have visited other gaijin lands, right? You speak some of these languages I am wrong?'' The Yogo asked politely.

[OOC]

Ha! Totally understandable ^^
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:19 am

"I accept your apology, Yuichi-dono." She smiled, glad to have proven him at least partially wrong. "I suggest you do not let prejudices cloud your judgments in the future," she added with a gentle tone.

She then nodded. "Do you speak Mekhem? What about Yobanjin?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:26 am

Yuichi was surprised. He was not an idiot and understood that Liu Yue used two different languages. The first language was pure gibberish to his ears. The second one did have some similarities with Rokugani, but it was far more nasal and guttural.

'' You used two different languages, right Shinjo-san? What did you said?'' He asked politely.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:31 am

"'Do you speak Mekhem?' and 'What about Yobanjin?'" Liu Yue gave a short bow. "I am happy you could see some difference, Yuichi-dono. Are you familiar with those languages?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion