The Arrival of the Condemned (EM, D1)

Re: The Arrival of the Condemned (EM, D1)

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:13 am

He didn't know how experienced she was in setting up a tent but he was accommodating in having her help, letting her hold portions steady when they needed to be. He didn't really need help but she seemed to want to be involved.

"Perhaps just a visit... but you never know how these things will turn out until the end. Maybe something longer than that Asakiko-san," he replied with a smirk.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:36 am

"True Shinjo sama. Even if we have glimpses of the future we never know how the fortunes may turn the tides." She slightly blush. "Either way it would be an honor."
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:43 am

"Not just an honor, but also a pleasure for me," he says with a nod. "One of my favorite things about the great ride was that I got to see so many different landscapes. I sometimes wish I had been a painter and a bit older so that I could have recorded them."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:51 am

Moto Baatar wrote:Baatar looked boggled by the information overload.

"Uh.. which word is used for cutting, and which word is used for seasoning?" he asked. "I thought Seppun-san's poem was about dreaming, not about cooking. Can you explain it to me?"

Hideo sighed.

"Unfortunately Moto-san, there isn't a season in the haiku. When Doji-san refers to seasons, she means the divisions of the year; Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, and by the technical description of a Haiku it will require that. My example may not be technically correct by the quoted word of Doji-san."

Cranes...
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Moto Baatar on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:09 am

Seppun Hideo wrote:"Unfortunately Moto-san, there isn't a season in the haiku. When Doji-san refers to seasons, she means the divisions of the year; Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, and by the technical description of a Haiku it will require that. My example may not be technically correct by the quoted word of Doji-san."

"Oh." Baatar furrowed his brow as he tried to understand. "So this isn't a good poem then? How do I make one that's good?"
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:51 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Not just an honor, but also a pleasure for me," he says with a nod. "One of my favorite things about the great ride was that I got to see so many different landscapes. I sometimes wish I had been a painter and a bit older so that I could have recorded them."

"You are not too late to learn. Instead of gaijin lands you might paint the scenes of the Rokugani lands. You have a lot of places to discover." The Moshi chuckled.
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:54 pm

"Too late for the gaijin landscapes, though if I did learn I could try to paint them from memory," he says with a shrug. Smiling as he continued his work and neared completion. "But it is true there are many things to discover in Rokugan for me. Perhaps I could have my fortune read on that... find out if I'm destined to see many of the sights in the Empire?"

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:17 pm

Moto Baatar wrote:
Seppun Hideo wrote:"Unfortunately Moto-san, there isn't a season in the haiku. When Doji-san refers to seasons, she means the divisions of the year; Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, and by the technical description of a Haiku it will require that. My example may not be technically correct by the quoted word of Doji-san."

"Oh." Baatar furrowed his brow as he tried to understand. "So this isn't a good poem then? How do I make one that's good?"

A hint of a smile shines in the Doji's eyes.

"There is a wide difference between 'Not Technically Correct' and 'Good', Moto-san." Fukawa replies, somewhat amused at the Seppun pointing out his own mistakes.

Fukawa taps her fan.

"If I may suggest it, Moto-san, I would suggest you ask your previous question, 'What makes it poetry instead of just words?' to other attendants of the miai. I would truly be interested to see what you can learn about it from them before I give you my answer." she asks politely.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Baatar on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:27 pm

Doji Fukawa wrote:"If I may suggest it, Moto-san, I would suggest you ask your previous question, 'What makes it poetry instead of just words?' to other attendants of the miai. I would truly be interested to see what you can learn about it from them before I give you my answer." she asks politely.

Baatar gave Fukawa a skeptical look.

"You aren't just saying that because you don't know?" he accused. "Or is poetry some kind of Crane clan secret?"
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:30 pm

Moto Baatar wrote:
Doji Fukawa wrote:"If I may suggest it, Moto-san, I would suggest you ask your previous question, 'What makes it poetry instead of just words?' to other attendants of the miai. I would truly be interested to see what you can learn about it from them before I give you my answer." she asks politely.

Baatar gave Fukawa a skeptical look.

"You aren't just saying that because you don't know?" he accused. "Or is poetry some kind of Crane clan secret?"

Fukawa shakes her head.

"No, I know what makes it poetry, and it's not a clan secret." she replies. "But....think of it this way. You are expected to meet with many samurai at the miai, yes? With little enough to do at this miai but converse, eventually there will be a shortage of decent topics. As long as you have that question to ask, you will show a depth that will catch people off-guard, AND learn more than you would if I simply told you now."

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Baatar on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:47 pm

The young Unicorn gave her a skeptical head tilt at this evasive answer, but said, "Alright. I'll give it a try. Maybe someone will know."

"You'll tell me the answer later on though, won't you?" he demanded.
Moto Baatar

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:58 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Too late for the gaijin landscapes, though if I did learn I could try to paint them from memory," he says with a shrug. Smiling as he continued his work and neared completion. "But it is true there are many things to discover in Rokugan for me. Perhaps I could have my fortune read on that... find out if I'm destined to see many of the sights in the Empire?"

"That sounds good." She nodded. "I can try and do that. As soon as we finish with setting up."

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:01 pm

Moto Baatar wrote:The young Unicorn gave her a skeptical head tilt at this evasive answer, but said, "Alright. I'll give it a try. Maybe someone will know."

"You'll tell me the answer later on though, won't you?" he demanded.

Fukawa nods.

"It's the third reason. It gives you an excuse to talk to me again, which I've found pleasant so far, as I'm sure Seppun-sama has as well." she says.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Baatar on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:48 am

"All right." Baatar grinned at the compliment. "You seem nice, too. I'll look for you later! And I'll be wanting to know the answer to that riddle."
Moto Baatar

Postby Doji Fukawa on Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:04 am

Fukawa smiles and offers a bow to the Moto.

"Ask as many as you can Moto-san, I am already looking forward to your answer." she says.

Turning her attention back to the Seppun, she also bows.

"Thank you Seppun-sama. I have enjoyed conversing with you this morning, and will look forward to more such conversation, but I should get my belongings put away properly."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts