[D2 EE Open] Strolling

Re: [D2 EE Open] Strolling

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:05 pm

"Well, at the moment I chat with potential matches at a miai," he says with a smirk. "Which seems to be going well. But I also enjoy riding, weapons practice, or hunting. Relaxing with a bit of kumis and spending time with friends. But all of that is outside of getting orders and a duty after the miai, which I'm looking forward to whether it's with the Unicorn or another clan."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Ryuuta Tsume on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:11 pm

"That is good, it is best to remain capable for at any time something usually may be required of you. Though of course you already knew that, being samurai. I certainly hope I can find a spouse who is amenable to forest living. My clan needs those who would build with strength and tenacity."

She attempts to bat her eyes, but only succeeds in getting dust in them.
Piranha Clan • Courtier • Prone to Sadness • Likes Animals
Glory: 1.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 0
Carries: Wakazashi, Hat
Ryuuta Tsume

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:14 pm

"I'm open to living anywhere. And I imagine that my skills would be suited to a role of scouting the interior of the forest. I imagine that would be important to a forest based clan," he offers. "What is it like, the forest where the Ryuuta family lives?"

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Ryuuta Tsume on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:20 pm

"They are pleasant, fruitful lands. There is much that can be made to serve, and few to do the labor, so everyone is prized but also a little fatigued."

Tsume moves a little past Meushi's head now as she talks.

"Oh, it is most unusual. There are ancient mysteries under every rock. It is an enchanting forest, but also a dangerous one. There are many threats, but a wise man can turn them to allies. The Pirahna way will be one of matching foe to friend, lack to excess, shadow to light."

She trails off in the end, becoming fixated on slowly undoing small tangles in the horse's mane.
Ryuuta Tsume

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:45 pm

There are surprisingly few tangles, but it's impossible for there to be none after a day and especially after some work. Also as she moves past the horses head she gets much closer to the Shinjo who had been patting Meushi's neck... and he doesn't seem put off or uncomfortable about her getting closer at all.

"That sounds very intriguing. I have to admit that one of my hopes is that my duty will see me in an exploratory role. And it sounds like that would be quite probable among the Piranha." He seems to have a note of approval in his voice. "Not really among many different landscapes, but with many mysteries hidden withing a much more compact area than the Empire at large."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Ryuuta Tsume on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:10 pm

She turns to look up at him as she works.

"It is definitely a land you should visit. The natives are also very interesting, naga and others. I have never met a people so wise and yet so without...direction."
Ryuuta Tsume

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:27 pm

"I should really get a journal to keep track of all these lands I need to see," he says with a smirk, looking down at her. "They all sound so amazing. What are the naga? Are they a tribe of locals?"

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Ryuuta Tsume on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:52 pm

"In a way they are. They are not human, they bear the torso and upper body of general humans, but often with scales or hoods and they have no legs, only enormous snakes with which they move. Their cities have no stairs, and they share but one soul among them."

Tsume studies his face.

"I sometimes pray that I will never stop finding new things. When things are not renewed and changed they grow weaker."
Ryuuta Tsume

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:48 pm

"Perhaps that has been the strength of the Unicorn over the centuries. In an ever changing landscape always meeting new cultures and adapting to the world around them. And now returning to the Empire we were long separated from, we'll have to do so once more," he says with a nod. As she studies his face he looks down into hers, like he was searching her eyes for her thoughts.

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Ryuuta Tsume on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:30 pm

"It is hard to say. The Empire holds all of the best things of the world, reserved for us by the Lord Moon and Lady Sun, preserved by the efforts of their children. There are so many things here, you could spend a lifetime plumbing their depths. But then the wide world calls as well, if more feebly."

She bites her lip again.

"Perhaps such questions are not appropriate to ask someone born into such a life. You follow where you commanded, the same as I, in the way and order of our ancestors who knew the correct path."
Ryuuta Tsume

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:39 pm

"It's always good to ask such questions, Tsume-san. It's just that sometimes we're not ready for the answers and are not granted them. Or sometimes the answer can't be given and must be found through experience. Wanting to understand the creation of Lord Moon and Lady Sun... if they hadn't had that intention for us we wouldn't be the people we are. Lady Shinjo didn't know where her path would take her. She braved it to see where it would take her so that she could learn of the world for the good of the Empire."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Ryuuta Tsume on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:48 pm

Tsume cocks her head at this, finding it daring and yet comforting.

"You have given me much to think on, Shinjo-san. My people could gain from the wisdom of you and your illustrious Kami."
Ryuuta Tsume

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:54 pm

"I think that is the hope of this miai, in addition to the marriages. The chance to spread ideas and thoughts from both sides of the long separated Empire and Unicorn. So I'm glad if I'm contributing to that. But if you'd like to discuss that further after thinking on it I'd be happy to share more time with you. I'd consider that a wonderful opportunity and honor." And then he realizes he yet again used a given name rather than a family name... and was not chided for it.

It seems some are more concerned with it than others. Keeping all of them straight in my head will be a challenge.

"So you perform duties dealing with logistics... but what do you do to enjoy yourself and relax?"

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Ryuuta Tsume on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:39 pm

"In truth, I am best occupied in my formal tasks. I did enjoy working with the many pets my parents kept in their trade, but left unoccupied my mind wanders and I end up lost in thought."

A shadow passes over her face.

Bad memories.
Ryuuta Tsume

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:56 pm

"Relaxation doesn't have to be unoccupied time though. It can be conversation, games, interesting activities, or artistic hobbies. Restful contemplation is not the only way to unwind. If you want an example we can go for an evening ride and a drink one of these days," he says with a smirk.

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

PreviousNext

Return to The Streets of Dark Edge Village