[D2 LE] Sweets, Cheese, and Song (Amaya's Yurt) [Closed]

Re: [D2 LE] Sweets, Cheese, and Song (Amaya's Yurt) [Closed]

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:07 am

Hideo's face took on a look of concern as he looked down at Amaya. Keeping her close as she spoke

"I do indeed. Your reaction at the time implied something...quite bad had happened."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:25 am

Tears were gathering in her eyes even as she prepared to speak, but her voice held steady, a credit to her Ide training. "Yes, something terrible did happen, to every last Unicorn, not just to me. Oh, Hideo-Sama, you cannot tell anyone what you know, please. I do not ask for me, but for everyone of my kin."

She paused long enough for her words to sink in, but didn't wait for an answer. "You know that my people have ridden such a long time to return to our ancestral lands. For some two decades they raced towards Rokugan. You might imagine that it was a difficult time for my Clan. You might imagine the harsh conditions we faced, but nothing you imagine could compare to what we went through. It wasn't just horses or livestock we lost. A great many of us lost brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers. Young and old, weak and strong alike were taken from us. Mothers forced to leave behind a child, and the orphaned adopted by whosoever could still ride on."

A single tear escaped and slipped down her cheek and she took a moment to compose herself. "I once had a brother, but he was claimed by the Dark Ride."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:30 am

Hideo went silent, listening to the girls tale. It as so sad, and as a tear escaped he reached up to wipe the tear away gently with his thumb.

"It must have been a terrible thing to face. To lose so many to return here, it shows the sacrifices you and your kin have faced. I...I cannot imagine what it would have been like to abandon your own family in order to return."

He paused a moment to consider what to say, still stroking her cheek gently with her thumb.

"You have my word, as you always will, that anything you speak to me here will be kept silent" he gives her another gentle kiss, as if sealing the promise, before speaking again

You were under attack during the ride, losing kin. You refer to it as the Dark Ride...because of what you faced, or because of those you had lost?"
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:39 am

As he kisses her, her arm around him tightens. She is no longer shaking, but from time to time she shivers and her voice is now a whisper, "I saw things." She swallows painfully, "things for which I have no words. Dark... things beyond description. Twisted things," she adds with a hint of revulsion.
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:00 am

corruption...or something else perhaps....

"And those...things took your brother" Hideo finished with a pained look "you managed to get here, and be cleansed...perhaps it is an offering to your brothers spirit is what the divination refers to?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:05 am

She looks into his eyes with renewed hope, she would likely never find the words for her gratitude that he didn't suggest that her brother was the thing that had been cleansed from the Unicorn Clan. "How... how should I do that?"

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:29 am

"There is no easy answer to that" Hideo said honestly "paying respects to him at a shrine, making an offering in his name. It is something personal to those who have lost. I would assume that you never truly had a chance to mourn and pay respects?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:42 am

"I will think on it," she promised and the ghost of a smile haunts her lips. "You've been so kind to me, Hideo-Sama. I hope that soon I might return your generosity, but until then, will you accept the gratitude of this humble girl?"

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:50 am

"As long as said gratitude will continue to also include your company" Hideo said with a nod and a smile "and if you wish for any more assistance, please don't hesitate to ask."

He gave her a gentle squeeze.
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:05 am

"Most assuredly, Hideo-Sama."

She cocked her head to one side, curious and bird-like, after studying him for a moment she smiles, "I think I know what this moment needs. Burfi." She only has one arm around the Imperial, so she uses the other to reach for the chopsticks on the table. She picks up one of the sweets and brings it invitingly near the Imperial's mouth.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:45 am

There was a blink at that, Hideo being caught surprised by Amayas turn and sudden offer of food. Being fed by someone else was very intimiate after all!

However after a moment he moved slightly forward to take a bite of the treat. He was again surprised by the taste, but it earned a smile and a nod.

"Very sweet. I see why you recommended it for this moment."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:59 am

Happily she placed the other half of the treat in her mouth and returned the chopsticks to the table. There is a complete lack of self-consciousness to her movements. Had the sweets been closer to hand, she might have unthinkingly used her fingers instead.

"I find there are few things as soothing as sweetened milk when I am troubled, especially served warm. I can never have more than one piece of burfi however, perhaps because it is so condensed, but the sweetness quickly becomes cloying. To me, at least, there was a boy I knew growing up who could eat an entire plate and still ask for more."

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:15 pm

"In the Empire, that is what sake and shochu are often used for. I can see why sweets like this would also work. I could certainly eat more" Hideo laughed "another foreign treat I enjoy. Blessed am I to have found so many delights in one evening" he looked at her to confirm she was considered part of said delights.

"I'm unsure how I would be able to locate Rokugani sweets to return the favour. It may have to be something I do for you for after the miai. I'm certain you would enjoy daifuku."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:22 pm

"I already have my preferred Rogkugani sweet right here, Hideo-Sama," and she smiled, "but if you would like another?" She reached for the chopsticks again.

"And, if you would indulge me, would you tell me of your home? Where do you intend to live after the ma-ai is concluded?"

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:06 pm

"Is that so" Hideo grinned at the flattery "I'm not sure you can pick this one up with chopsticks though."

While she reached for the treat, he considered what to say.

"You ask quite a big question there Amaya-chan" Hideo chuckled "there is always the chance I would marry into the Unicorn and live within these lands. However, if my wife was to become a part of the Imperial families, she would join me in the centre of the Empire; the Imperial City, Otosan Uchi. My father has either taken residence in Otosan Uchi, or in one of the villages close to Kyuden Seppun. Which would you like to hear about first?"
Seppun Hideo

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts