[D1, LA] Prince and Princesses

Re: [D1, LA] Prince and Princesses

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:28 pm

Takeo sighed internally. There was much to learn, for certain.

"The Crane and Lion routinely clash. The Lion and the Phoenix are still working to repair relationships damaged in the War of Burned Wings that took place a few years past, which has, interestingly enough, soured previously strong ties between the Phoenix and the Crane. The Scorpion and the Crab have been engaged in a battle over territory recently. The Dragon offended the Lion when they refused to allow the Lion entry to their provinces to locate the Emperor when he was on a sojourn and the Dragon also recently abosred the Tonbo family, formerly the Dragonfly clan, whom the Lion have a long-standing enmity for and whom they were nearly successful in wiping out in recent years," Takeo said, rattling off an incomplete list of grievances.

"These are only the ones that come immediately to mind," he said, forcing a smile.

"Any alliance has the potential to provoke a reaction from one of the other clans."
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:53 pm

Lion vs. one, two, three... they appear to be the bullies of the Empire.

"This means that our current friendship with the Dragon Clan could potentially make the Lion even 'angrier' with the newcomers."

The girl looks to the other Battle Maidens. "The Ide will have plenty of work to do after this miai."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:01 pm

Chi-Pu thinks on the assessment by the Fox Prince. After some time, she says

"While I think Fox-sama knows more than us and is better at politics in the Empire, my thought after hearing this is we should look to the Lion for friendship. They seem to be the ones who have the most enemies yet are still the strongest. The Unicorn are small right now sisters, we cannot afford a dangerous enemy who is capable of fighting this many enemies and remain in power."
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:07 pm

Takeo nodded his head in agreement with Chi-Pu.

"I would agree with that assessment. I answer because you have asked, but I would not wish to poison the well. Each of you is a samurai of integrity and capacity and is well-equipped to form your own opinions of the different clans. I imagine many of them will entreat you during your time here. I merely caution awareness, not knowing how your lives were beyond the Empire. Here, a butterfly may beat its wings in the Kitsune Mori and cause a rockslide in Beiden Pass," he said, "I will answer your questions as I see them, but you must understand that I may have been biased by my own time here and a history that is, as of yet, unknown to you. You each bring a fresh set of eyes and may serve to help the Empire shed some of its own preconceived notions."

He finished his first cup of coffee and set it down gently.

"My deepest hope is that, whatever opinions you should form, that your opinion of the Fox be a positive one. We shall strive to make ourselves worthy of your respect and hope that you know that you can always count on our assistance - limited though our means may be - until we see where the road may take us."
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:14 pm

"Wise council. Worthy of an honorable leader."

Kitakuhime adds, offering more coffee, or tea, if Takeo accepts.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:16 pm

Chi-Pu nods and falls silent again, leaning back to relax a little. She watches the interaction between Kitakuhime and Takeo with a small smile. Occasionally she glances to Imane to try and see what she is thinking

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:43 am

Takeo graciously accepted another cup of coffee from the Unicorn.

"Arigato," he said, taking it and letting it cool before taking a sip.

"What are you most excited about with respect to the miai, minna-sama?"

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Imane on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:46 pm

Imane listened quietly to the discussion about the political situation. She wasn't entirely sure that they needed to worry about the Lion just yet, strong ties to as many different clans as possible seemed like a practical approach.

Kitsune Takeo wrote:"What are you most excited about with respect to the miai, minna-sama?"

The change in pace brought a smile to the little Otaku's face.

"I am hoping to see if the Clans sent any of their most skilled horsemen. I want to see what they have to offer and whether the lack of reasonably-sized horses has influenced their abilities."

She looked at her sisters with the faint hint of amusement before looking back at the Fox with a polite expression.

"I am also intrigued to find out which of the men sent here will prove to be a suitable match for my fellow Shiotome..."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:00 pm

"I confess my excitement may become anxiety from time to time," Kitakuhime serves more coffee to herself, proceeding with a grin, "So, I learned that I must not over-expect anything. Whatever happens, happens. Good things are pleasant surprises. Bad things, are issues to be dealt with enthusiasm."

With the cup going up to sip, the Otaku's heir eyes move charmingly until they stop on Imane.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:41 pm

"I agree with Kitakuhime-sama. Expectations must be kept appropriate. I do hope to find a man who unstands my people and my duties. I also hope they can ride, and uphold Bushido as I do."

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:04 am

"While I know how to ride, I doubt I'll be the equal of any shiotome upon a horse. Honor is something that I have known my entire life though. I hope to have a chance to demonstrate both to you in the coming days," he said, turning to regard each of them in turn.

"And perhaps what I do not know about the...saddle, is it called?" he asked, questioning the gaijin fixture, "You can teach me?"

Kitsune Takeo

Previous

Return to Northwestern Yurts