Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:34 am

Seppun Hitako wrote:"Nor did I, at first. But, once I did manage it, later learnings made it make sense. And, among other things, it teaches patience. A lot of patience, and getting things the same, every time."

Hideo considered that for a few moments. Remaining calm, keeping patience, and ensuring the right result.

I shall have to remember this lesson.

"Your sensei was very wise. I imagine he had it quite difficult keeping the students in line but the rewards would have been clear for all to see. My studies allowed me more freedoms to learn what I wished, which allowed me to research into many more subjects. I had even found a scroll that spoke of the time before the Ki-Rin had left the empire. I wonder if any back then would have thought that they would return?"
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Iuchi Batul on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:50 am

Her eyes opened wider and wider as he explained. Her smile grew as well. "That sounds like a fun place to visit." She added at the end, although she had grown in a place were vice was controlled, and there were no dangerous people. That did alert her cautious nature. "I would hobe Soshi Yuuru-san to be there to brotect me from any danger. I have not dealt with any unsavory beoble before. The useless, or unsavory tybe were always left behind to avoid hindrance to the survival of the Unicorn." It could sound harsh, but when you're life is on the limit, walking through Darkness, then those unsavory were the ones gone crazy first, they were easily lost when the march continued.
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Seppun Hitako on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:18 am

Seppun Hideo wrote:Hideo considered that for a few moments. Remaining calm, keeping patience, and ensuring the right result.

I shall have to remember this lesson.

"Your sensei was very wise. I imagine he had it quite difficult keeping the students in line but the rewards would have been clear for all to see. My studies allowed me more freedoms to learn what I wished, which allowed me to research into many more subjects. I had even found a scroll that spoke of the time before the Ki-Rin had left the empire. I wonder if any back then would have thought that they would return?"

"It was not easy, but all the students were very motivated. That sounds like an interesting scroll. You didn't happen to bring it, did you? I have a few scrolls, but none touching on history, I'm afraid."
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:10 am

Mirumoto Chou wrote:...

"I wouldn't know about Tonbo-sama. I haven't met her," he replies. "I've only had the chance to meet one Dragon so far. And it's been a lovely meeting indeed. And perhaps you might be able to get the chance to know what I look like through tactile senses. Here in public might not be appropriate for that but I'd not be so unkind to not offer the opportunity."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:10 am

Seppun Hitako wrote:"It was not easy, but all the students were very motivated. That sounds like an interesting scroll. You didn't happen to bring it, did you? I have a few scrolls, but none touching on history, I'm afraid."

"I'm sure you can imagine the reaction of the Librarian in the imperial libraries when I suggested taking the scroll out to bring here. She was not...supportive of the idea. A shame, I would have liked to gift it to the Unicorn. I have remembered most of it though, so perhaps I could write it down."
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:13 am

Iuchi Batul wrote:Her eyes opened wider and wider as he explained. Her smile grew as well. "That sounds like a fun place to visit." She added at the end, although she had grown in a place were vice was controlled, and there were no dangerous people. That did alert her cautious nature. "I would hobe Soshi Yuuru-san to be there to brotect me from any danger. I have not dealt with any unsavory beoble before. The useless, or unsavory tybe were always left behind to avoid hindrance to the survival of the Unicorn." It could sound harsh, but when you're life is on the limit, walking through Darkness, then those unsavory were the ones gone crazy first, they were easily lost when the march continued.

He smiled, "We don't have the ability to leave them behind anywhere but we have many people like me, magistrates and their subordinates, who deal with unsavory types effectively. If you are with me, you have nothing to worry about."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Mirumoto Chou on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:47 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"I wouldn't know about Tonbo-sama. I haven't met her," he replies. "I've only had the chance to meet one Dragon so far. And it's been a lovely meeting indeed. And perhaps you might be able to get the chance to know what I look like through tactile senses. Here in public might not be appropriate for that but I'd not be so unkind to not offer the opportunity."

Chou laughed at that, startling Saku. The lemur switched shoulders, pulling her tail from the Dragon's loose grasp.

"It would not be unkind to withhold that opportunity. We have only just met, after all. Do you really want a stranger touching your face?"
Dragon Clan * Duelist * Challenge Accepted * Blind
G: 1 S: 1 H: What is expected CP: 0

"Would you like to see my picture of Shinsei? So would I."

The Jolly Blind Dragon
Carries a traveling pack, full daisho, and her seeing-eye lemur, Saku.
Mirumoto Chou

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:10 pm

"We become less strangers by getting to know each other better. And we were told that it was a bit more unacceptable, touching and stuff, in Rokugani culture than we're used to. Handshakes, hugs, pats on the back, sniffing among the Moto isn't uncommon," he says. "A bit of face touching wouldn't bother me if it helped you to know more about me and allow you to draw a mental picture."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Seppun Hitako on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:53 pm

Seppun Hideo wrote:"I'm sure you can imagine the reaction of the Librarian in the imperial libraries when I suggested taking the scroll out to bring here. She was not...supportive of the idea. A shame, I would have liked to gift it to the Unicorn. I have remembered most of it though, so perhaps I could write it down."

She quirks her eyebrow at him. "You couldn't get a copy made? Surely they can still do that."
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Iuchi Batul on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:55 am

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He smiled, "We don't have the ability to leave them behind anywhere but we have many people like me, magistrates and their subordinates, who deal with unsavory types effectively. If you are with me, you have nothing to worry about."

"Law enforcers, neh?" Asked the Unicorn, "This is good, will keep Embire safe. We will have to make some magi strates too for Unicorn. But I do not see this job for me, I am not warrior, I cannot fight or hold beoble. My body is fragile." She added as she twirled showing her petite thin body. "neh?"
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

Iuchi Batul

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:50 am

He smiled and winked, "You'll find no criticism from me about such a beautiful form as yours."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:10 am

Seppun Hitako wrote:She quirks her eyebrow at him. "You couldn't get a copy made? Surely they can still do that."

"Perhaps, but I didn't ask. I felt the original would have had more value to the Unicorn. It would have the showings of age."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Iuchi Batul on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:36 am

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He smiled and winked, "You'll find no criticism from me about such a beautiful form as yours."

"My, my, Soshi Yuuru-san..." She did not finish her sentence, leaving the imagination of the Scorpion work. She simply added to her words a soft caress of her fingers down his arm. "I shall be careful with the likes of you." The samurai-ko looked up and down the samurai with interested eyes. "I will be looking forward to seeing you in the coming days." She added with a wink as the opening ceremony came to an end. "Now if you excuse me, I need to return to the city."

Iuchi Batul

Postby Seppun Hitako on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:25 am

Seppun Hideo wrote:
"Perhaps, but I didn't ask. I felt the original would have had more value to the Unicorn. It would have the showings of age."

"While that is true, and a good idea for a gift, having a copy made for your own use would have also been wise. Mind you, I am called a bit of a bookworm on occasion, and already have a small library I brought with me, so I might not be the most unbiased person to talk of it."
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:43 am

Iuchi Batul wrote:
"My, my, Soshi Yuuru-san..." She did not finish her sentence, leaving the imagination of the Scorpion work. She simply added to her words a soft caress of her fingers down his arm. "I shall be careful with the likes of you." The samurai-ko looked up and down the samurai with interested eyes. "I will be looking forward to seeing you in the coming days." She added with a wink as the opening ceremony came to an end. "Now if you excuse me, I need to return to the city."

He smiled handsomely in return, "So soon? Ah well, I will look forward with earnest to when we next meet."

He bowed a farewell, "Until then, carry the fortunes."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center