Day 2 [Early Evening] Test Your Might

Re: Day 2 [Early Evening] Test Your Might

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:36 pm

He nodded his thanks, "It was an interesting technique. I'd love another chance to try myself against it now that I have a bit of experience with it."

He then bowed a bit more formally for a greeting, "My name is Soshi Yuuru. It's a pleasure to meet you Iuchi-san."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:07 pm

"And I am Iuchi Saksaha. It is good to meet you also, Soshi-san." Since he'd bowed first, she has no trouble remembering to do so as well, setting the beads in her hair ticking faintly against one another."

Soshi, Soshi... Right, that was supposed to be a shugenja family, though this one doesn't look much like a priest to her.

"I do not know what tests the Shinjo and Moto have planned for us, but I think it is not impossible that they will give you your wish," she adds, lips quirking as she brushes back a strand of beads that's fallen over her shoulder.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:11 pm

He nodded positively, "Then I hope to perform much better then."

He then tilted his head, "Are you a priestess of your people Iuchi-san?"
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:12 pm

Wonder what sort of tests the Iuchi might give then... Tomoe mused, but was happy to watch Yuuru interact with Saksaha. The Unicorn priestess seemed like a good woman who could handle someone like Yuuru, based on her previous encounter with her, so she kept an eye out for possibly helping out there.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:18 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:...

When she saw the pained smile, his scrambling for his mask she seemed to pause and just watch. Standing tall. Handsome as he was that pained smile seemed to grasp all of her attention for a brief moment and he likely could have sworn she was about to frown.

"You did well," she said simply. Remaining where she was she asked, "Did I cause you harm, Bayushi-sama?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:25 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:Wonder what sort of tests the Iuchi might give then... Tomoe mused, but was happy to watch Yuuru interact with Saksaha. The Unicorn priestess seemed like a good woman who could handle someone like Yuuru, based on her previous encounter with her, so she kept an eye out for possibly helping out there.

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He nodded positively, "Then I hope to perform much better then."

He then tilted his head, "Are you a priestess of your people Iuchi-san?"

"I am," Saksaha confirms. "As my grandparents were before me. And Soshi-san is a warrior?"

Since Saksaha can't read minds, she misses any potentially ominous implications (handle???) in the Hare's train of thought and carries on innocently chatting with Yuuru, giving half an eye to the scene on the mats. Was that Scorpion about to concede, or was he foolish enough to think he might find another opening?
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:26 pm

The Soshi nodded, "Of sorts. I trained at a school for our magistrates, or law-keepers. We deal with those who break the Empire's laws. My father was the same, but my mother is a priestess."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:33 pm

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:
Bayushi Suteichi wrote:...

When she saw the pained smile, his scrambling for his mask she seemed to pause and just watch. Standing tall. Handsome as he was that pained smile seemed to grasp all of her attention for a brief moment and he likely could have sworn she was about to frown.

"You did well," she said simply. Remaining where she was she asked, "Did I cause you harm, Bayushi-sama?"

Suteichi stretched and twisted his back.

"Yes. A bit. I rather enjoyed it."

He paced about for a bit then stood before her.

"Again."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:39 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:The Soshi nodded, "Of sorts. I trained at a school for our magistrates, or law-keepers. We deal with those who break the Empire's laws. My father was the same, but my mother is a priestess."

"Oh." Saksaha looks a little favorably impressed at this, dark eyes widening a little as she nods slightly. "The law is a respected calling among my people. It was by means of Shinjo's laws that we carried Rokugan with us as we traveled, instead of becoming Ujik-hai or Senpet or Dahabi or..." she trails off and shrugs slightly. "I suppose it plays a different part here at home. But still important."

She also doesn't miss the mention of his mother's profession, filing this fact away for later.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:45 pm

Liu Fei looked at him oddly for a moment and then shrugged before dropping down into her stance, "Odd as it is it is far from me to keep you from the things you enjoy," she taunted.

"When you are ready, Bayushi-sama."
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:47 pm

He nodded, "Without the law, the Empire ceases to be what it is. From what I've seen so far, I'm impressed with your people's resilience in keeping together what you could while you searched the wilds for that long. I spend a lot of my time in our untamed areas, and find myself occasionally growing detached from civilization the longer I'm out there.... And I've only been doing this for 2 years. For you all to have done this for as long as you have is truly impressive."

He tilted his head slightly, "What is it that a priestess of the Iuchi does for her duties might I ask?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:48 pm

Tomoe's attention was somewhere between Saksaha and Yuuru's budding conversation, and the bout between the Shinjo woman and the prickly Bayushi.

Is he... enjoying this or something? Taking some pleasure in being beaten about so?
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:57 pm

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:Liu Fei looked at him oddly for a moment and then shrugged before dropping down into her stance, "Odd as it is it is far from me to keep you from the things you enjoy," she taunted.

"When you are ready, Bayushi-sama."

Suteichi went straight in the two were again locked in a tight grasp. Again, he foolishly played the strength game with her again and like last time it was getting the same result. He met her eyes. To him, there was a beauty behind her fierceness he found quite attractive. There was a moment he threw her a charmed smile. With the slight distraction, he managed to push her back to a stumble. He was tired, quite tired and sweaty to her not having broke a sweat, but he was proud of himself nonetheless.

She's strong. Gifted. I can respect that.

Suteichi bowed to her. "You're good... very....good."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:12 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He nodded, "Without the law, the Empire ceases to be what it is. From what I've seen so far, I'm impressed with your people's resilience in keeping together what you could while you searched the wilds for that long. I spend a lot of my time in our untamed areas, and find myself occasionally growing detached from civilization the longer I'm out there.... And I've only been doing this for 2 years. For you all to have done this for as long as you have is truly impressive."

He tilted his head slightly, "What is it that a priestess of the Iuchi does for her duties might I ask?"

"It is not all wild out there, you know," Saksaha points out. "The world is full of other peoples living in other ways. It was not just civilization we had to hold to, it was our civilization." She shakes her head slightly with a rattle of beads, a wry smile shaping the corners of her mouth. "Some of you people in this land seem to find us so foreign--but we are more like you than most people out there."

She spreads her hands. "What does a priestess of the Iuchi do? I think it must be much like what a priestess of the Soshi does, except that we have no fixed temples to tend. We care for the people's spiritual needs. At times we call on the power of the elements to help them with problems. We store up knowledge about the spirits and other beings, in case it is needed. And sometimes we are bridges between the worlds of spirits and men." She makes a reflexive warding gesture, since these are all things which ought to be spoken of with proper caution and reverence.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:18 pm

"Interesting." Yuuru said with a nod. "I hear that you store these blessings in a kind of enchantment... I am not all that knowledgeable about such things but it seems somewhat different that what I am accustomed to."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo