Now is the Time for Yuu (D2, EM)

Now is the Time for Yuu (D2, EM)

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:12 pm

Yuuru woke up early that morning, feeling refreshed after the strange meal that first night. Never one to spend much time in closed spaces, Yuuru quickly gathered his things and moved out to the plains for a morning run. He found a tree out in the fields and placed his belongings at its base before hoisting himself up to one of the branches and started doing chin-ups to get in a decent upper body work-out.

(OOC: Expecting, but it's a big field)
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Re: Now is the Time for Yuu (D2, EM)

Postby Otaku Imane on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:05 pm

The sound of thunder came rolling across the field. Or at least it sounded like that at first. In fact it was the hooves of a giant war horse galloping through the grass. Its rider seemed to have a no-dachi strapped across her back, but as the pair reached the tree Yuuru was exercising in it turned out to be a much smaller samurai-ko with a katana.

She slowed a little as she approached and waved to the Scorpion in the tree. "Good morning samurai-sama. It seems we have similar ideas."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:09 pm

Yuuru dropped down from the branch and nodded a greeting, "Well I am more than welcome to additional company."

He looked closely at the woman's face before smiling slightly, "Ah, Otaku-sama. We talked briefly at the dinner last night didn't we?"
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Imane on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:29 pm

She peered down at him, adjusting for the difference in perspective and lack of shochu. A smile appeared for a moment.

"Of course, Soshi-san? I think? It was quite the packed event and I was sat with those two Matsu. You were starting to explain to me about red meat and samurai."

Her voice was lightly accented, enough to make her take extra care with the Rokugani names.

"I hope you found it a pleasant evening?"
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:33 pm

He nodded, "Pleasant enough. I only regret not having inserted myself into the conversation a bit more. It's a pleasure I have a chance to meet with you again so soon."

He smiled and tilted his head, "So, here for a bit of exercise? What did you have in mind?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Imane on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:28 am

"Well it was a very Ide affair, all that unusual food and new meetings. What would you have spoken of if the chance had presented itself?" There was a little sparkle in her eyes as she spoke and she nudged the horse closer with her knees.

"Actually Almatar and I were both out for our morning exercises Soshi-san. She likes to gallop, I like to ride, it works well." She smiled and patted the horse's neck. "Actually I could run too. Is this your normal routine then?" She pointed at the branch he had been hanging from.
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:32 am

He smiled in return, "What would have I had spoken about? Anything to leave a deeper impression on you than I apparently did would have been good."

He chuckled through his nostrils softly.

He then stretched out his neck a bit, "This is part of the routine, but I also spend some time running in the morning. Though I seriously doubt I could keep up with Almatar here."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Imane on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:53 am

Imane raised an eyebrow. "Are you certain that any deeper impression would have been good Soshi-san?" Her slight accent made it sound both exotic and bemused. "Sometimes a deeper impression simply means the horse was running faster, and not necessarily in the right direction."

She laughed musically and slid to the ground with surprising grace. "Anyone who could keep up with my friend here would have to be some sort of Jinn. Perhaps we should run together for a while. Almatar can show us how it is done, she does so love to show off."
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:55 am

He chuckled and smiled, "I'm confident enough to think that the impression I'd leave is at least in the right direction. Perhaps that's just because I'm too young and foolish to think otherwise though."

He walked closer to Imane and her steed, "She's a beautiful horse. I too would like to see her in action."

He turned and smiled playfully at the younger Otaku. "Shall we have a bit of a race?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Imane on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:31 pm

Imane raised an eyebrow and placed her hands on her hips. "And how young and foolish are you exactly Soshi-san?" It was rather amusing coming from a 14 year-old.

Almatar turned her head to watch the approaching Scorpion bushi but Imane stroked her nose and this seemed to calm the horse.

"Yes she is, isn't she. Perhaps there will be a contest of horsemanship and you will see her in action then. My sisters and I are keen to see if any of the men here are skilled riders."

Looking up at the much taller Scorpion she nodded and looked out over the fields. "Very well, let's race." She unslung her swords​ and strapped them to Almatar's saddle before stretching a little.
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:35 pm

He chuckled, "Not too foolish I assure you... just the right amount."

He then tied his belongings tightly to his person and smiled over at the woman.

"To that tree on the ridge then." He pointed.

"Ready? GO!" He sprinted off at a decent pace alongside the young Otaku.

----

Race!- 25
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Imane on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:47 pm

That brought a more relaxed smile to her face and she gently touched the warehouse and whispered something in its ear.

"Alright then." She reassured herself and started sprinting, keeping pace with the tall samurai for a while. His longer legs gave him the advantage but she didn't finish too far behind, especially given her stature.

Almatar arrived before the both of them at a leisurely pace.

-----
Racing: 16
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:52 pm

Yuuru chuckled through his nostrils slightly as he took some deep breaths at the end of the race. "It looks like I'm the second best runner here... with still a ways to go."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Imane on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:39 pm

"She's...she's got...four legs!" Imane spoke in between breaths and smiled at the Scorpion and then the horse. "Good speed on you Soshi-san, it feels nice to run under my own pace for a change."

She patted down her legs. "Very different muscles to riding though." Rising again she looked him up and down. "Are you enjoying the miai? I realise it is only the second day, but there are many new things to experience every day it would seem."
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:47 pm

He nodded, "It's been fun so far. Lots of learning experiences with almost every conversation."

He smiled warmly, "I tend to be one who likes new things, places, and adventures, so this is perfect for someone like me. How about you? What do you think about all us Rokugani?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Next

Return to The Western Fields