[Day 2 - Late Evening] Story Time II

[Day 2 - Late Evening] Story Time II

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:33 pm

Again, Hanashi stoked the embers of his campfire, setting up to share tales with whatever guests decided to stop by. He was looking forward to the opportunity to continue to learn more.
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Re: [Day 2 - Late Evening] Story Time II

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:39 pm

Tomoe had missed out on this last night as she had helped poor Yukarin back to her tent for some bedrest, but she wasn't going to miss it this time! If she was going to become better at telling sharing the histories of the Empire, she should observe the professional storytellers some more as they worked their craft.

For the day she wore a much less formal attire than she had on the night of the feast, a sensible houmongi of deep green with rabbits leaping over waves as its motif.

Passing through the Unicorn camp, she looked sadly in the direction where the fire had been, but put on a brave smile soon enough as she got to the place in the camp where the storytelling would take place.

"Good evening, Shinjo-sama. I'm sorry I missed your storytelling yesterday!" the Hare bowed in greeting.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Otomo Tenzo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:13 pm

Hints of Lord Moon peeked out in the night sky as Otomo Tenzo once again traveled out to the north and west of the village where the gathered Unicorn made their camp, part of him hoping to find another campfire going and all of him quite pleased to find such to be the case. Just like yesterday he quietly approached, though unlike yesterday he found a familiar face gathered around it, and once he got to before the fire he offered a bow to Hanashi.

"Good evening, Shinjo-san - warm as it was today, there is good comfort in coming across a a warming fire, even more in seeing a familiar face and that one might learn another story from the Clan of the Unicorn," he greeted before sighting the Hare and offering her a bow as well. "Good evening to you as well, Usagi-san - come to hear the tales as well? There is much to learn of the tales and histories of the Unicorn and, as this one learned last evening, Shinjo-san tells such tales quite eloquently."
Imperial | Seiyaku | Archivist | Wealthy | Blessed | Fortunate... or not so much?
Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 2.5 | Courtship Points: 8

Carries: personal chop, chopsticks, kiseru, sake cup, fan, and pleeeenty of paper

Description!
Otomo Tenzo

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:27 am

Hanashi bows a bit to the newcomers.

"Please, be welcome and warmed at the fire of Shinjo Hanashi! A story will be told, and all I ask is for your attention at the time of the telling. If you honor us with a tale of your own I can pledge my attention will be as great as that which you give me."

He smiles a bit. "Good to see you back Otomo-sama. And you again Usagi-sama. As yesterday I will wait a bit before beginning a tale, to allow others to join us."
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:11 am

Kitsu Takashi, curiously wandering the Unicorn camp before turning in for the night, is relieved to overhear Hanashi's welcome. An example of their storytellers will be most enlightening.

"Good evening, noble samurai. This one is Kitsu Takashi, student of the Ikoma dojo." He smiles, bows to all present, and is smiling again as he rises. The Lion seats himself at the edge of the group, needing little warmth from the fire to feel comfortable. He sits contentedly, observing the assembly.
Lion Clan * Bushi/Courtier * Sensational * The jolliest Kitsu
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: As expected | Courtship points: 4
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:19 am

A man bearing the same variation of the Shinjo mon arrived, offering a bow to everyone. "Good evening, mina-sama. I am Shinjo Kemuri."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:45 pm

"Otomo-sama," the Hare greeted him respectfully, as well as the others. "A pleasure to meet you all... I'm Usagi Tomoe, historian of the Hare. I came to listen to Shinjo-sama's storytelling, in hopes that I can learn a little too in how to tell stories myself."
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Mirumoto Chou on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:22 pm

Mirumoto Chou entered the circle of firelight, a sleepy Saku keeping her head warm. The Dragon was drawn to the voices as much as the smell of woodsmoke.

"Storytelling, is it?" she asked, mostly to alert others to her presence so as not to trip on anyone. "It's been so long since I had a story."

She bowed.

"Mirumoto Chou. I hope you don't mind my listening in, mina-sama."

She furtively felt out the ground with her feet, finding herself a place to sit.
Dragon Clan * Duelist * Challenge Accepted * Blind
G: 1 S: 1 H: What is expected CP: 0

"Would you like to see my picture of Shinsei? So would I."

The Jolly Blind Dragon
Carries a traveling pack, full daisho, and her seeing-eye lemur, Saku.
Mirumoto Chou

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:26 pm

Takashi nods respectfully when appropriate, smiling at Tomoe when she mentions learning to tell stories. "The Ikoma are also reputed for their storytellers." Takashi didn't say it loudly but his eyes flash with a realization that he hadn't intended to speak at that time.
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:33 pm

Hanshi grinned a bit, "Good! A good sized crowd today. And someone who trained with the Ikoma! Please all, be welcome at the fire of Shinjo Hanashi, teller of tales. Be warmed by the fire and entertained by my tale!"

He points each out, "So, an Ikoma, Otomo and one trained by the Asako all at the campfire of a servant of the Shinjo's campfire. Truly tonight we shall have a story or three!"

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:16 pm

Tomoe chuckled a little in reply to the Kitsu. "You will probably find much in common with Shinjo-sama then." She said in a politely tone and waited eagerly for the story.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:59 pm

Takashi smiles politely and nods as he's recognized. "I am happy to share whenever Shinjo-sama wishes."

He looks at Tomoe with a raised eyebrow, but the sideways glance fails to cover a good natured smile. Oh well. So much for low profile.
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Moto Baatar on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:34 pm

Moto Baatar arrived a little late, gnawing on a lamb shank that he had liberated from the dinner table. He saw the people gathered near the storyteller and joined the circle around the camp fire.

"A story! A story!" he demanded imperiously, waving the joint of meat around for emphasis.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:17 pm

He smiles a bit. "Well, if it is time for the story, I will not keep you waiting any longer!"

He stands, looking to the group around the fire. The corner of his eye crinkles a bit as he grins. "I smile, to see so many here. This evening, I will share the beginnings of the tale of Moto Khulun, niece of Moto Gantulga and one of the suitors here at the miai. Vanquisher of many a foe, she is a soul who enjoys life to the fullest! And as she is yet young, I expect much more will come from her. That her name will be on the lips and under the brushes of the Ikoma, Otomo and Asako before long, as she is entered into the annals of Rokugan's history."

He stomps his foot. "Hear then the first few renga of her story. Know I speak but the truth about this fire which warms you. Think upon the might of the warrior you will come to know more about!" He claps his hands and gives a fierce shout to the Heavens, so that they too will bear witness. His voice carries with it the thunder of hooves and the wind of the storm.

"You have seen Moto
You who are Rokugani
But do not know them.
Fierce, loyal and strong are they
Best friend and worst enemy.

Quicker then sandstorm
Chasing throughout the desert
Riding hard and fast
Hear their shrill ululation
Above the sand's roaring winds.

And at their forefront
You can find Moto Khulan
Banner held up high
Daughter of One Eye’d Falcon
And the Yellow Sand Tiger.

Niece of the daimyo
Wielding the sword Massacre
No enemy lives
After crossing blades with her
For how could they run away?

Guardian of horse
Even at age eleven
slaying a horse thief
That tried raiding the wrong camp
The scimitar half her height!

First to volunteer
Whatever danger is there
Will have met its match!
All rest easy when she guards
Even in the darkest lands.

What tales will be told
When she rides down the foes of
Our dear Emperor?
What dark heart will now tremble
In fear of the horizon?"

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:22 pm

"Well told." Kemuri applauded appreciatively. "Not all of that is true, of course, but my understanding is that most of it is."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Next

Return to Northwestern Yurts