[D2, EM] Oni Aftermath

Re: [D2, EM] Oni Aftermath

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:00 am

Chi-Pu shakes her head

"Not until we know more. We aren't even sure what the thing was. You should be proud of Khulun, Butaj. Without her, we would not have survived."
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:06 pm

Tomoe silently let the Otaku take charge. Like Kaiya, she didn't quite agree, but in the end this was Unicorn territory and their decision.

"If there is anything I can do to help, Otaku-sama, you need only ask. Were you injured in the fight, perhaps?"
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:36 pm

While all the fussing about went on with the new arrivals--so much for keeping quiet, indeed--Saksaha wanders off and quietly asks a Unicorn heimin carrying someone's breakfast who it was that stayed in the tent in question.

After a while she reappears and regards the body again. Since no one's done anything further with it, she gathers up a mostly unburned rug from one of the other damaged tents and spreads it over the poor corpse. i should have remembered to do this before. She sighs. There's no way to close the blackened thing's eyes, so this will have to do. The body is certainly small enough to belong to a young woman, though who knows how much it could have shrunk in the fire... no. Bones don't shrink, at least. It's probably her.

She crunches over toward Chi-Pu and the others again and says, "Otaku-sama, the heimin say this tent belonged to one of my kinswomen, Iuchi Tareef. I did not know her, but as an Iuchi I must take responsibility for her body for now." She glances at Batul, who she supposes has an equal claim and responsibility, but in any case she doesn't really expect much disagreement about what needs to be done. "We must have someone send for the eta. After such a violent death, she should be laid to rest quickly."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:02 pm

Chi-Pu shakes her head.

"No Rabbit-san, I was not. I am weak from no sleep and bad food"

The woman blushes, redness overcoming her ruined makeup.

"Iuchi Tareef..."

Chi-Pu looks at the blackened corpse and bows, sadness in her eyes.

"Please Iuchi-san, send her off."

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:49 pm

But I can't burn the poor thing in the middle of camp... that is why we need the eta. Saksaha looks around unhappily. "I can perform the rite once Tareef-san"--she makes a warding gesture as she speaks the dead girl's name--"is prepared for the journey, but it would be better to call the eta under Ide Dabo-sama's authority."

Because Dabo is already about to have a very bad morning, and Saksaha does not want to be in the position of adding a small irritation to his troubles by doing things in the wrong order.

"Is there anything more to be learned here?" She glances at the others, especially Kaiya and Tomoe, who seemed to have a bit more specialized knowledge. "Otherwise, perhaps it is time to tell Ide-sama all that has happened. Since I did not witness, I can stay to stand watch over my kinswoman until the eta come."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:04 pm

Tomoe gave a small shake of her head. "Not that I can think of. Fairuz-sama is a priest, I believe, and might have a wish to commune with the spirits..." she said in a quiet tone, unsure if it was something the Fairuz wished to do, or if it was safe.
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:06 pm

Taichi seems to get himself emotionally sorted out, mumbling a small prayer to the charred remains from where he stands. The one he couldn't help.

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:"Is there anything more to be learned here?" She glances at the others, especially Kaiya and Tomoe, who seemed to have a bit more specialized knowledge. "Otherwise, perhaps it is time to tell Ide-sama all that has happened. Since I did not witness, I can stay to stand watch over my kinswoman until the eta come."

He nods at this, looking to the Otaku for further directions. Something clearly needs to be done to prevent this from happening again, and the best step to take for this would be to inform those in command.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:26 pm

"I assure you, Otaku Kotakuhime-sama will have alerted Ide-sama. She is an heir to the Otaku, and understands the importance of such matters. "

She glances around, looking for the eta.

Frowning when she realized she hadn't actually ordered anyone to do it and no one took the initiative to ask, she points to the distance

"There is an Eta encampment on the far edge of the Yurts. Can someone please fetch them? I must maintain command here."

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Fairuz Kaiya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:29 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:Tomoe gave a small shake of her head. "Not that I can think of. Fairuz-sama is a priest, I believe, and might have a wish to commune with the spirits..." she said in a quiet tone, unsure if it was something the Fairuz wished to do, or if it was safe.

Kaiya quietly nodded.. he had considered it, though it wasn't without concerns.

"Earth would likely give us the greatest estimation on any dangers involved with this," he gestured toward that sand once more, "though safety may be a concern if it is deeply afflicted itself. Fire, on the other hand, may give a clearer picture of the events leading to this.. and shouldn't require more than the usual precautions for such communion. As such, I believe that should be the initial focus.. does one have any particular lines of inquiry to follow?"
House Fairuz • Shugenja • Curious • Quantum Horsing
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 3
Carried Items: Flute, journal, knife, miniature go set, scroll satchel, wakizashi, writing kit.
Languages: Mekhem
Fairuz Kaiya

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:32 pm

"How this happened in the first place would probably be the first concern..." the Hare frowned. The mystic art of the shugenja was rather beyond what she could understand, no matter how much she read and memorized.

She looked at Chi-Pu. Wait... did the Otaku just ask her to fetch the Eta?
Last edited by Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:45 pm

"You can just... ask? And it will be answered so easily?" Saksaha had been willing enough to march off and get the eta, but this arrests her attention and drives the plan right out of her head. Her dark eyes widen, eyebrows raising.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:48 pm

Amaya had been listening close by, and she finally saw something constructive to offer. "Allow me, Chi-Pu-Sama. I shall return with the Eta as quickly as I can."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:50 pm

Chi-Pu nods and smiles to the courtier.

"Thank you, Ide-san. Please be swift."

She motions for the rest who have gathered to stand with her and she turns to the priests to listen and assist in any way she can, listening intently to them speak on the matters that had transpired.

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Amaya bows, smiling gratefully, and hurries away at a dignified but rapid pace.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Fairuz Kaiya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:16 pm

"Of course, Iuchi-san.. allow me to make the preparations and demonstrate."

A bit of firewood was set up in the remnants of one of last night's campfires a short distance back, where Kaiya figured it might be safe (and controllable should things go awry). The Fairuz stood a few feet from the small pile, the scroll in his hands slackening and pulled taut as he gestured this way and that, manipulating the seal imagined before him to call upon the kami.. and probably seeming a little foreign to the Unicorn and Rokugani alike.

"Spirit of Fire, I bring an offering in exchange for details of last night's events..."

Casting Commune (Fire), Invoking Seal: 2FR Clarity, 1FR Extra Question, 2FR TN Reduction, TN 6: 4d10o10k3 13
House Fairuz • Shugenja • Curious • Quantum Horsing
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 3
Carried Items: Flute, journal, knife, miniature go set, scroll satchel, wakizashi, writing kit.
Languages: Mekhem
Fairuz Kaiya

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts