[D1 LM] Family Matters

Re: [D1 LM] Family Matters

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:10 am

"But again, if you are not chosen because of your ailment, you would get to chose someone to marry you, no?" Dong-Ha's eyes narrowed ever so slightly. So far he had tried to avoid thinking about the topic. "There seems to be more of the locals than there's us so... unless some of the run away..."

___

OOC: Yeah, but Dong-Ha's betting that there will be leftovers for her. I mean, there's a Yogo!
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:17 am

Yukarin liked the suggestion of a Fox; They were supposed to be quite good priests from what she had heard. And it might bring old Ki-Rin blood back into the Clan... but of course actually saying so would invite a time paradox.

"Well... what do YOU desire in the end, Saksaha-sama? I mean... what do you think would be ideal in your eyes?"
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:25 am

Saksaha sighs and laughs at the same time, a bit helplessly. Her inexpert attempt to avoid this spotlight has now spectacularly failed, hasn't it? "I don't know. So I try to think of what is practical and possible. I suppose... I might know him when I see him?"
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:29 am

Dong-Ha wasn't going to tell the girls what kind of husbands thought out to look for. "Also, deciding who you'd want might not work out. Someone might pick you... or they might pick someone else anyway. Unless you can somehow on agree on things with everyone." he shrugged. "Strange customs they have. You'd think that mashing people together like this would lead to hurt feeling and bitter unions."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Batul on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:40 am

"It is always good to measure your obtions, talk to them and get to know them, maybe get them to like you by conversations. The ailment is not what defines you, Saksaha-san, it is only a small bart of who you are." Batul liked her family members, though barely known them prior to the Miai, after eating together she felt she knew more about them and could trust them. She even felt protective about them. Her hand rested on the hand of her clan sister to support her. "If they select any of us, or if we select someone, it will be because in the coming days we have seen something in them, and this something is what we deem essential for a blissful wedding, desbite all that could be hidden afterwards."
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:45 am

"Or they just pick one of us because there isn't anyone else left and they don't want to go home empty-handed..." Dong-Ha muttered dryly, having rather poignant opinions about the arrangement. "I mean, they say that Moto used to steal their wives from other tribes... that is, until they joined us. This arrangement isn't much better."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Batul on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:09 am

Batul clicked her tongue on the top of her mouth, "Dong-Ha-san is much too bessimistic. We might be our own combetition, one to the other, since whoever I marry will not marry any of my sisters, but we are here to helb each other, and budge the samurai to one side or the other, neh? Is that not what we sboke at the beginning of the breakfast? About what breferrences we have?" It sounded weird the young one would be indoctrinating the older samurai who saw everything in such dark colors. "In the same way we can bush abart the ones we don't want for ourselves or our brothers and sisters."
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:11 pm

Of course, one could also see this as the younger maiden having a more naive and rosy view of the whole affair than her slightly older kin, which would not be peculiar at all. Still, Saksaha doesn't disagree with the gist of Batul's statement, since in practical terms it's similar to the point she'd been trying to make herself.

So she nods. "Yes. Because the conditions are a little difficult, we must help one another if we want to succeed. But that is nothing new. As on the road, so in this 'miai'--right?"

Now that the conversation has moved on from her specific 'problem,' she seems to have mostly recovered her equilibrium.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:57 pm

"As on the road yes, though I am not sure much can be done here. Everything depends on what the others decide to do... or decide not to do." He shook his head softly.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Previous

Return to Northwestern Yurts