(Day 7, LM) I'll Make an Item out of You! (Butaj's, Closed)

Re: (Day 7, LM) I'll Make an Item out of You! (Butaj's, Clos

Postby Otaku Imane on Wed May 03, 2017 1:10 pm

It was a touching story. "I am sorry for your loss but your attitude is right and proper Asako-san. It sounds like she was a fine woman, and I am sure she looks down from the heavens with hope for your future. May I ask, what was her name?"

She looked at Butaj as he rose to go and check on his horse. He was a curious man that one, but she wouldn't argue with a Unicorn putting their horse first.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Asako Hirase on Wed May 03, 2017 2:22 pm

Hirase too watched the other man leave, momentary concern on his face. He cleared it as he looked back to Imane.

"She was Shiba Miyako before we wed. The Clan thought it best she take the Asako name and so it was done." Hirase's smile reappeared. "She was all fire, a good match for me. She was funny and always interested in whatever her newest fascination was, but she was also one of those people who have a half-dozen projects going at any one time but never manage to finish. I, being more of a sedate personality, was uplifted by her enthusiasms; she was in turn anchored by my steadiness."

His gaze turned and found Imane's.

"I hope to find a similar pairing here. Someone with qualities that are opposite to, yet in balance with, my own nature. Both gain; neither lose."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu May 04, 2017 3:36 pm

Imane looked at him steadily and considered things for a few moments. "I am sad to hear that little Ichiro did not know his mother. She sounds like a fine samurai-ko. Your description of your relationship makes me wish I could have met her. Perhaps I will meet her in her next life?"

Her gaze fell to her lap before returning to Hirase with curiosity. "You describe yourself as sedate, steadfast. These are appealing qualities it is true. What do you know of the Shiotome, Asako-san?"
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Otaku Imane

Postby Asako Hirase on Thu May 04, 2017 3:48 pm

"Our son has been raised with the tales of his mother, at least. The rites to honor her shrine are among the first things I taught him. Her daisho awaits, should he become a bushi as I expect he will be when he is grown."

At her question, Hirase grew thoughtful again. "Rather more than I did when I came. I was growing close to Chi-Pu-shiryo and she taught me some; Butaj and Khulun and Liu Yue have all taught me more here and there."

He paused a moment, gathering his thoughts, then spoke softly.

"I learned that a Shiotome does not leave the Clan by marriage, if it is at all possible. That they bond with their steeds, also rescued from bondage, in a fashion that no one else can match. That they are peerless warriors, brave and unflinching. That the men do not ride, but care for the home and the horses that are either retired or young, and are proud to have such wives."

His smile softened.

"And I have seen for myself the grace and beauty that won the freedom of the Family when some were captured by evil men during your travels. That story has been told, in short. I hope to hear the full of it in time."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue

Asako Hirase

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu May 04, 2017 5:32 pm

"I expect that Ichiro-san will have many possibilities ahead of him with such a thoughtful father. Perhaps he will wish to train in the Shiba school? This is something my people would surely be happy to arrange." Better for the boy to follow his mother's tradition, or so she thought.

"I am sorry that you did not have more time to get to know my sister. My cousins have taught you of our ways though, that is good. I would add that our men do ride, and some are very skilled, but never into battle. This is the tradition we maintain. There are many more stories for you to hear should you join the Otaku, Asako-san."
Otaku Imane

Postby Asako Hirase on Thu May 04, 2017 6:06 pm

"Then, should the Fortunes lead me that way, my lessons have not been in vain." The idea please the Phoenix, who smiled a bit more broadly. "As for Ichiro, there are years yet before his path is to be decided. The way of the Shiba is the way of guarding the priests of the kami; I do not yet know enough of the Iuchi to know if they will need such a thing."

His head tilting, slightly, he asked, "You speak of more stories...tell me...are there also songs of what the Otaku have done? Plays, even? I find that each medium can give different emphasis to the tale and I am curious what styles the Unicorn have brought with them for such."

Asako Hirase

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu May 04, 2017 6:31 pm

"The Iuchi are different to your shugenja. I am not sure why but they are. Still they are our valued holders of spiritual knowledge so I am sure they will be thankful for such service."

Her posture seemed to relax as he spoke of songs and plays. "Why yes Asako-san. My people have brought back songs, plays, musical compositions and many forms of dance that were picked up on our travels. I have a good knowledge of the latter in particular."
Otaku Imane

Postby Asako Hirase on Thu May 04, 2017 6:43 pm

"I have only seen a few dances in my time." Something flashed over his face, a darkness there and gone almost too swiftly to be seen. "Most of the places that the Asako held known for such things were casualties of our war with the Lion, I am afraid. But...Unicorn do not have permanent places for such yet, neh? When you put on a performance, how do you manage the effects of entering or leaving a stage?"

Asako Hirase

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu May 04, 2017 6:46 pm

She noted the flash of sadness, expecting it was related to the recent war. There was a touch of surprise on her face as she answered the question.

"All of the world is our stage Asako-san. If we need such props we simply make use of the materials in our yurts."
Otaku Imane

Postby Asako Hirase on Thu May 04, 2017 6:55 pm

"That is so..."

Now his brow furrowed a little as he tried to imagine how one might chain a number of tents together. He could imagine well enough how, with panels tied up, it could look like the edges...but the other things...

"There are some performances here where there are other pieces to compliment the tale and highlight the movement of the dancers. For plays, there are clever ways of using structures to create wondrous effects; a man can seem to fly, or a woman from a tragedy to truly sink into a lake to be lost. It is a fascinating craft of its own. I was very fortunate, in my schooling, to see a visiting troupe of Shosuro actors perform. They are masters at such things."

Shaking off his reminiscence, he suddenly grinned, almost challenging. "But, that is their way, which you will learn if you wish in due time. I would like to learn more of your way, if you will honor me with a display."

Asako Hirase

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat May 06, 2017 3:05 pm

She listened, intrigued. Sometimes the Unicorn would carve out props and such, but a lifestyle of constant movement made a necessity out of multiple use items.

"This is interesting Asako-san. I look forward to learning more."

His interest in her dancing skills brought a smile and she stood up, gesturing to the yurt entrance. Butaj has to be there somewhere.

"Come then. It is a nice day and we should dance in the sun. Perhaps Si Butaj will join us as well."
Otaku Imane

Postby Asako Hirase on Sat May 06, 2017 3:59 pm

Well pleased by the suggestion, the Phoenix was more than happy to follow Imane out into the sun. "I do enjoy the weather here...my home in the mountains never saw so much sunlight. It was there, but other peaks often cast long shadows."

Asako Hirase

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat May 06, 2017 4:26 pm

"Oh, tell me about this place in the mountains." She seemed happy as they walked out into the sunshine and looked around for the Moto.

"Sidi Butaj? We are going to be dancing. Join us if you like!"

Turning back to Hirase she made a strange bow. "Now then, allow me to show you the man's steps Asako-san.". Imane stood on Hirase's right and started to show him some movements.
Otaku Imane

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat May 06, 2017 4:31 pm

Butaj is returning from the stables, but not yet there.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Sat May 06, 2017 5:02 pm

"My home is a small village far to the north in my lands, cradled in among some of the highest peaks in the Empire."

Even as he talked, he did his best to follow Imane's instructions.

"It is a bit sparse in vegetation, being so high and often cold, but the pines we have are tenacious and quite beautiful. There is a lot of snow, and the sunsets when the sun spreads it's roses and golds over that expanse of white, reflecting back upon itself, is beautiful."

Asako Hirase

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts