A friendly game of Go [D2, LE, Open, Expecting]

Re: A friendly game of Go [D2, LE, Open, Expecting]

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:29 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"They do, though I imagine that it's much the same with the dogs remaining near their handlers," he says. "In combat would you ever be far from Noboru?"

She shakes her head. "Likely not. It would be difficult to command her across a field. Some Matsu ride on horseback near their lions while others are on foot. They tend to work in prides if possible, for the most effect." She smiles at him. " I suspect you would not wish to be separated from Meushi in combat."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:33 pm

"I wouldn't, though if she were badly injured I'd likely dismount and give her the order to retreat."

His next moves are simply attempts to slow down the Go onslaught.

"I'd rather she survived for the good of the clan and would protect her retreat."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:36 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"I wouldn't, though if she were badly injured I'd likely dismount and give her the order to retreat."

His next moves are simply attempts to slow down the Go onslaught.

"I'd rather she survived for the good of the clan and would protect her retreat."

Kogo nods. "I feel the same way about Noburu. The last thing I would want is for her to be killed." She pauses and a look of intense sadness crosses her face for a moment. She pulls back from the board and takes a deep breath. Not now, not now, not now....

"I am sorry Shinjo-san. I was reminded of something from the past and I lost focus. Is it your turn or mine?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:42 pm

"Thats quite alright. It's important that we remember our past. Maybe someday you'll be comfortable enough to share it with me. For now though, it is your turn and I believe you were about to take the win," he replies with a comforting tone.

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:52 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Thats quite alright. It's important that we remember our past. Maybe someday you'll be comfortable enough to share it with me. For now though, it is your turn and I believe you were about to take the win," he replies with a comforting tone.

Kogo smiled at him, her sincerity in her tone and eyes. "Thank you Shinjo-san. It is true, the past is never that far away." She reaches out to pet Noburu, who sits nearby, rolling over to indulge in more pets. "I remember you telling me that your mounts are retired when they reach a certain age or rotated to a younger rider. Tell me, what happens if someone's horse dies, in battle or in an accident?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:57 pm

"The loss is mourned and they are given a respectful send off though its not nearly as elaborate as a samurai funeral. The rider is given a new mount after that. Though the circumstances of the death can potentially result in a stigma for them if they were at fault due to recklessness or neglect."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:07 am

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"The loss is mourned and they are given a respectful send off though its not nearly as elaborate as a samurai funeral. The rider is given a new mount after that. Though the circumstances of the death can potentially result in a stigma for them if they were at fault due to recklessness or neglect."

She nods along with him. "That makes a great deal of sense. It is similar in the Matsu clan." She places another piece and catches another sweeping string of his pieces. She looks at him and teases lightly, "I keep looking for the thorn in the rose of these pieces Shinjo-san, but I do not find them. Do you have a cunning strategem I have not sensed? Or is your heart not in the game?" She smiles again. "Or perhaps your mind is preoccupied with others thoughts?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:06 am

"Of course it's preoccupied. How can it not be," he says with a smile. "As I thought, it's hard to focus on the game with you as my opponent. It looks like you've won this time."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:19 am

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Of course it's preoccupied. How can it not be," he says with a smile. "As I thought, it's hard to focus on the game with you as my opponent. It looks like you've won this time."

She blushes quietly by her ears, a light tinge and nothing more. "I am sure Shinjo-san has seen many different women from all manner of lands. Why would I be a distraction?" She looks at the board, seeing the pieces. "It is very likely. Would you like to start another game, now that you have seen the basics?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:32 pm

"Don't underestimate yourself Matsu-san. Others decide for themselves the things they find aesthetically pleasing," he replies playfully. "Strength and power have a draw all on their own as well."

He looks down at the pieces. "I think it might be better to call this your win and start again so I can get a better understanding of how I ended up in this situation."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:46 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Don't underestimate yourself Matsu-san. Others decide for themselves the things they find aesthetically pleasing," he replies playfully. "Strength and power have a draw all on their own as well."

He looks down at the pieces. "I think it might be better to call this your win and start again so I can get a better understanding of how I ended up in this situation."

The blush extended a little farther this time, down to her neck. "Ahhh....that is certainly true Shinjo-san." She fumbles a piece and drops it, moving to catch it quickly. She begins picking up her color pieces and putting them into a pile, as the blush grows to include her cheeks. "Ahh..." She stutters, unable to decide if she should press forward with the conversation or quickly change topics.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:45 pm

"Ahh?" he asks, with a smirk, taking up his pieces as well. "Matsu-san, I'm touched that you are feeling that way from my compliments. But I think that you should be prepared for many such compliments from many suitors here. There are bound to be a few Unicorn men that are interested in a woman like yourself."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:04 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Ahh?" he asks, with a smirk, taking up his pieces as well. "Matsu-san, I'm touched that you are feeling that way from my compliments. But I think that you should be prepared for many such compliments from many suitors here. There are bound to be a few Unicorn men that are interested in a woman like yourself."

She recovers, seeing his smirk. "Perhaps it is so Shinjo-san. Though in the Matsu, strength and power are prized greatly, I had assumed that other Clans prized other qualities more, such as a skilled courtier's tongue or a beautiful face or a graceful walk." She looks at him directly. "I never thought I would be glad to be wrong." She says with a smile playing across her lips.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:08 pm

"Everyone has their own qualities that are exceptional and worthy of appreciation. And just because you have strength and power doesn't mean you don't have a beautiful face or a graceful walk. A warrior's grace is just as appreciated by myself as a dancer's. I like the way you walk," he says winking playfully at her.

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:28 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Everyone has their own qualities that are exceptional and worthy of appreciation. And just because you have strength and power doesn't mean you don't have a beautiful face or a graceful walk. A warrior's grace is just as appreciated by myself as a dancer's. I like the way you walk," he says winking playfully at her.

She lifts a hand up and hides a laugh behind it. "I fear you may be trying to turn my head so that you win this next game handily. " She lowers her hand and smiles back. "But I find I cannot resent having my grace described as a warrior's.Though we may learn the ways of playing a courtier, a Matsu woman is always searching for a spouse who will not try to cage her."

She places the first piece on the board again, a slight click sounding as she places it decisively. "What does a Shinjo man seek in a spouse?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts