Ancestors Guidance (D7, LM)

Re: Ancestors Guidance (D7, LM)

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:23 pm

She poured the tea, though without the practiced manner of a tea ceremony practitioner. "My sister is too kind." A small bow of thanks was given at Kitakuhime's praise.

"I hope you are enjoying the miai Kitsu-san? I have met some of your Matsu cousins, have you managed to meet many of our people?"
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:28 pm

Kitakuhime helps out Imane as her support in getting all the items to serve Takashi. She nods in agreement. "The Matsu I've met were superb. Honorable, brave and very, very polite. They mentioned the Kitsu are a family of holy people that have a strong connection with ancestors."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:52 pm

"Hai," Takashi begins, "my Matsu cousins are a very impressive group. I believe I've met them all--including our exceptional beastmasters."

He gratefully accepts the tea, showing no concern for the style of its delivery.

"Yes, the Kitsu are known for both skill in speaking to the kami and communicating with our ancestors. It is a great honor to be doubly blessed as many Kitsu are." He takes a polite sip of tea, smiling and nodding at the quality. "And I am proud to say that my mother and sisters are especially talented students of the Kitsu school. Among the most skilled in a generation, it's been said."
Lion Clan * Bushi/Courtier * Sensational * The jolliest Kitsu
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: As expected | Courtship points: 4
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:55 am

"That is wonderful Kitsu-san. We Otaku are particularly happy to learn of the strong accomplished women in your family."

She sat back and took a sip of her tea. "May I ask what it is like to hear the kami Kitsu-san?"
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Otaku Imane

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:40 pm

Kitakuhime stays silent once more, listening to their exchange with an amusing smile.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:44 pm

Takashi's smile doesn't waver for even a moment. "I'm afraid I wouldn't know, Otaku Imane-sama. My honored sisters knew from a young age the touch of the kami and the voices of our ancestors. I have not. Instead, I trained with my father's family to serve the Lion in other ways." The Lion's smile is steady, though his eyes hint at a sharper, less relaxed feeling.

Before the feeling can turn awkward, though: "I should share, of course, that young Kitsu shugenja are rarely allowed to attend miai. Their dual connections to the kami and the ancestors are so valuable that our family elders take great care in selecting marriages for them. It is likely that, were I training as a shugenja, my family would not be represented here at all." Some of the tension leaves Takashi as he clarifies a situation that the Unicorn would have no reason to automatically understand.
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:25 pm

"Oh, I see! But do your sisters ever talk about hearing the kami? I am simply curious because a few of the guests have mentioned this but none seemed to know how to describe it."

She smiled and send to understand the point he was making. "So the Kitsu bloodline is carefully guarded to maintain this ability. It is the first I have heard about this. Thank you for clarifying Kitsu-san. But here I am taking up all your time with my questions. Perhaps you have questions for Otaku-sama and I?"
Otaku Imane

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:26 pm

Kitakuhime nods, serving tea for Imane.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Mon May 01, 2017 1:41 am

"Hai, Otaku Imane-sama. The Kitsu are quite guarded."

Takashi takes a drink of tea, collecting his thoughts.

"I understand there might be some similarity between the Otaku and the Matsu, in terms of the primacy of women going back to the families' founders. How do you see a man, raised among a traditional Rokugani family instead of the Otaku or Matsu, fitting into the world of the Otaku?" Takashi's tone is polite but curious, though it carries a hint of more academic than personal interest.
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 12:35 pm

Kitakuhime notices Imane is enjoying her tea, and adds to the conversation, "The honorable would find themselves inspired, I imagine. We are utterly devoted to that which we cherish. A loving husband would find in his Otaku wife a loyal companion for his entire life, and perhaps, even other lives. The greedy and opportunist would have a hard time accepting our ways, though.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Mon May 01, 2017 8:16 pm

Takashi pays rapt attention, absorbing the Otaku's emphatic words.

"The Lion, and I think especially the Matsu, would be among the few capable of matching the devotion of the paragons of honor that are the Otaku. Just as some Rokugani struggle with the intensity of the Lion Clan's devotion to Bushido, so too will they struggle with the Otaku's similar intensity of purpose."

Takashi sips at the tea, ensuring he does not appear to be drinking too quickly.

"A child of the Shimizu family might also make a worthy and honorable match for a daughter of the Unicorn thunder," he comments thoughtfully. Conspiratorially?

In a bolder tone he continues: "That which the Otaku rightly detest, greed and opportunism, is unknown in the fiery hearts of Lion warriors."
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Otaku Imane on Wed May 03, 2017 12:35 pm

Imane sat her cup down and nodded. "I agree with my sister Kitsu-san, it takes a certain amount of selflessness to accept the honour of joining the Otaku. I feel we are kindred spirits to your Matsu. All of the Lion I have met show the strength of Bushido in their actions."

She seemed interested when he mentioned the Shimizu. "I have not met anyone from this family you mention. What is their story?"
Otaku Imane

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed May 03, 2017 1:34 pm

Kitakuhime beams up a bit. "Shimizu Ryori-san. The beastmaster. He is polite, honorable and has an affinity to his cats as we have with our steeds, it seems. I don't know much about heir story, though. I've heard they are quite new, small and allow wolf man to join their ranks."

The Otaku princess looks to the Kitsu for confirmation, or correction.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Thu May 04, 2017 1:30 am

Takashi bows at what he considers high praise: "We are honored by the Otaku's recognition of our dedication to Bushido."

The Lion smiles at mention of Ryori, though there's no telling whether it's because of the beastmaster himself or because Kitakuhime so easily made the connection. After she finishes speaking, Takashi smiles as he responds. His tone is so friendly, one might think it how he addresses his sisters.

"Hai, Otaku Kitakuhime-sama, the Shimizu are a young family. Not yet very numerous, but as discriminating in who they allow to join as any samurai family in Rokugan. I'm sure you'd agree that, as a family founded by a Lion who saved the life of the Emperor, the Shimizu must maintain high standards throughout their family. And, while I'm sure that someone as loyal and dutiful as Shimizu Ryori-san would prefer to bring an honorable bride into his family to strengthen and expand it--surely I should think the same way, were I him--his strong and sincere spirit shall bring great honor to any family he joins."
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat May 06, 2017 6:14 pm

Imane too was pleased that Takashi had enjoyed her sincere compliment towards the Lion. She listened to his description of Ryori.

"Then I shall endeavour to meet with Shimizu Ryori-san the earliest opportunity. Thank you for mentioning him Kitsu-san. May I ask what it is that you are looking for in a bride as well?"
Otaku Imane

Previous

Return to Northwestern Yurts