(Day 4, LA) Here Comes the Rain Again (Butaj's Yurt)

Re: (Day 4, LA) Here Comes the Rain Again (Butaj's Yurt)

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:20 am

...I have no clue what I'm doing, but this is pretty fun! Hotaru chuckled out loud at the cheers she was getting and seeing those weird faces he was putting on. However, she did reach her personal limit for the evening and gave a few huffs before she ultimately had to stop for a breather. She held out her hand to indicate that she was stopping before she slowed her jig to a halt.

"Whew...okay, okay...I think I'm done now...Oh my word, that was tiring. Fun! But I think I'm winded." She said as she slouched slightly and placed her hands on her knees, catching her breath.
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:35 am

"Right when Butaj has to check on the lamb." Butaj laughs, stopping himself and moving toward the campfire. "You are good at dance, Butaj can tell. Butaj can bet he would do worse at your temple dance than you did on the steppe one." He grabs a cup, fills it water from his bucket and brings to Hotaru, offering wordlessly.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:59 pm

I almost thought I was just flailing my arms around...

Seeing as they had put things on pause right now so that Butag could check on the lamb, she found somewhere to sit down to give her weary legs some rest. She happily accepted the cup with a word of thank you, taking it in both her hands and a good sip of it. "Thank you very much! I've never done anything like this before...far faster than how I dance, for sure! I think you probably made it happen so easily because of your examples. The rhythm is quite catchy!"

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:07 pm

"Ha, so you liked it! That makes Butaj happy." He sits nearby, but not too close. "Butaj thinks this is what we should be doing, learning new things from each other. Butaj is always willing to help in that, and it's good to know that he somehow gets it right!"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:06 am

"I'd like to think that's what we're already doing, ne?" She said curiously with a slight tilt of her head. "Well...maybe not the same way we've done it just now, but through all of the events, gatherings and get-togethers. Almost everywhere, I see an opportunity where there could be an exchange of our cultures and people have been sharing much about themselves."

She gave a small shrug with a smirk. "I guess maybe you'll just have to go one step further and hold a public seminar on your style of dancing."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:45 am

"Haha, Butaj might like the idea but first needs to know what is a public seminar." He smirks. "And you're right, it is happening. It will happen even more once couples are made."

Moto Butaj

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:13 pm

"Ohhh...something along the lines of what you've seen Usagi Tomoe do with her history lessons. You merely need to find a space where many others will see you and hope that they will pick up an interest in what you're doing. I'm sure you can get your kinsman to help, but others will join along, I'm sure!" She nodded her in encouragement. "Especially if you're handling it, or if there's food involved."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:21 pm

Butaj visibly cringes at the mention of Usagi Tomoe. If Butaj remembers correctly, Hotaru was a witness of their displeasure. But the idea is sound, and so he smiles.

"This is a good idea! Butaj will need to think how to make it work then."

Moto Butaj

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:53 pm

She looked puzzled by his reaction for a moment but perhaps he wrote off that incident of the Moto being Moto. "Something like that! I see that you're very good with your...instrument too! I can't say I know much about it, but it does produce a lovely sound, and you sing too!" Wow, I've named a few talents already... "Would you be familiar with the event my cousin, Bayushi Suteichi, is planning by chance?"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:29 am

"Bayushi Hotaru is very generous in complimenting Butaj. That makes Butaj happy, for the music of the steppe is very important in Butaj's life. Butaj has heard about this event and plans to attend, and to contribute. Will you be there too?"

Moto Butaj

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:09 am

"Hotaru wi-" Wait, why I am speaking like you now? Hotaru cleaned up her throat and continued on properly, motioning to herself. "I will very much be at the end. After all, it is run by my cousin and I wish to provide him with full support in his project. However, I don't think I will be volunteering my skills there. He already has an arrangement of dancers there and I don't want to muddle things up with my involvement to make things more complicated. He probably already has much on his mind, needing to impress and win over a Shinjo lady."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:13 pm

"Butaj understands but he feels sad a little. It is a shame Bayushi Hotaru will not be demonstrating her dancing skills in ways close to her heart. Butaj always enjoys when people do what they love and are good at, it's a joy to observe and take inspiration from. Such joy is contagious. This is how Butaj often does, sees someone's joy and awakens one of his own." He looks at the other woman curiously.

Moto Butaj

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue May 02, 2017 5:45 pm

Hotaru chuckled and gave a small shrug of her shoulders. "Well, I'm not saying that I would never dance while I'm here. It's just that my dancing style is far different than the type of venue Bayushi-san has set up for his event. A night music and dance, a marriage of both. I don't know if I could coordinate everything together so easily. However, you do give me hope that perhaps I could take on other styles from what you've shown me tonight! You weren't kidding about that meal, however." She said with a small giggle.

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Butaj on Wed May 03, 2017 6:15 am

"The meal? The meal!" He darts back to see how lamb is faring. Since it's roasting well, he sighs in relief and turns. "It should be good in..." He pokes loins with his knife. "...No, it's good! Haha!" Humming something jolly, he begins to cut out a tasty, succulent slab for Hotaru.
Last edited by Moto Butaj on Sat May 06, 2017 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moto Butaj

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat May 06, 2017 12:03 am

"Aha! The meat!" Oh, goody, red meat... Hotaru thought to herself as she was to be served a bit of lamb that was roasting in the fire. It could have been worse, Butaj could have been cooking up some cheese or some vile milk concoction, then Hotaru would have been in worse shape.

However, the lamb looked and smelt tasty, she had to admit. "Is Butaj...Moto-san, a cook and a hunter too, by chance? I was told that was something the Moto did sometimes."

Bayushi Hotaru

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts