Possible open event scheduling!

Possible open event scheduling!

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:54 pm

So, to help people coordinate! A thread! (For people to coordinate player-run meetings/events etc.)

Shinjo Hanashi, Teller of Tales, Weaver of Wits and Weary Woes, etc. etc. will be hosting Late Evening campfire Stories from beyond and within the Emerald Empire at the northWestern Yurts (likely outside his yurt); any official event etc. will of course take precedence over said storytime.

I expect it will be evenings where Hanashi will tell a tale and invite someone else to tell a tale; they're likely to be nightly events with no required attendance; but meant to be a way for people to hear stories, mingle a bit and otherwise get to know more about the Unicorn and help the Unicorn know more about you. If there's lots of stories to tell and people seem less interested in the conversation that springs from the tales, then there might be more then two tales a night; we'll see!

Warning: Hanashi doesn't know the ways of Rokugan and so accidental offense may occur, which is why alcohol of one sort or another will likely be involved to give excuses and wet the throats of the story tellers.
Last edited by Shinjo Hanashi on Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Re: Possible open event scheduling!

Postby Moto Butaj on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:02 am

The problem is I would like to be there. And on history lessons. And do the Pony jazz time. And... There are only so many slots a day! Maybe those things could be bundled as a fixed cultural exchange evening and then we do those things together in one thread? Butaj doesn't want to miss a thing! :D
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:27 am

We need a drinking party day 1, hopefully in the evening. Yukarin would be willing to host ^^
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:31 am

Moto Butaj wrote:The problem is I would like to be there. And on history lessons. And do the Pony jazz time. And... There are only so many slots a day! Maybe those things could be bundled as a fixed cultural exchange evening and then we do those things together in one thread? Butaj doesn't want to miss a thing! :D

All the things don't have to happen on every day. Hanashi does have a duty towards history, and little towards jazz though, so I guess I'm not pulled in as many directions.
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:40 am

I suppose it depends how well our lovely hosts have been brought up to date....but Hideo will be offering lessons in heraldry and etiquette to the Unicorn (and undereducated samurai :P ) which I could do as an event-type thing
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:25 am

<--This guy needs that kinda training. :D

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:27 am

I'll schedule it for an afternoon slot day 2, gives a day to advertise and assess just how basic the training needs to be :lol:
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:31 am

Kyra isn't great at Heraldry but she came to all my etiquette classes so she knows when to keep her mouth shut in court.

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Yuzuki on Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:09 am

I'm thinking of throwing a dinner party to introduce the Unicorn to proper Rokugani cuisine at some point.

...depends on how much my remaining koku will go in terms of securing ingredients though.
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:23 am

Yuzuki wrote:I'm thinking of throwing a dinner party to introduce the Unicorn to proper Rokugani cuisine at some point.

...depends on how much my remaining koku will go in terms of securing ingredients though.

Taichi would be up for throwing some koku at you for this. As long as you mention how much he helped.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:01 am

I might be opening a divination booth on the EA.
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Yuzuki on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:55 am

Shinjo Taichi wrote:
Yuzuki wrote:I'm thinking of throwing a dinner party to introduce the Unicorn to proper Rokugani cuisine at some point.

Taichi would be up for throwing some koku at you for this. As long as you mention how much he helped.

I'm a mantis.

normally I wouldn't need additional koku...

...but I spent half my starting koku on bling, so I only have a paltry 5 koku left. :(
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:45 am

I am not averse to combining the History and Storytelling as a sort of Cultural Exchange-thing. :) There are limited slots in the day, and I don't want people to feel they have to choose between all the fun stuff.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Butaj on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:07 am

Yes sensible Bunny! We can do cultural exchange evenings without fixed theme and see what people bring in. Explosive melting pot. :D
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Mirumoto Chou on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:43 am

Yuzuki wrote:
I'm a mantis.

normally I wouldn't need additional koku...

...but I spent half my starting koku on bling, so I only have a paltry 5 koku left. :(

Cry me a river, moneybags!

I want to offer a slot that's not necessarily gossip, but more of a "Everything you wanted to know about Rokugan but were too afraid to ask a Crane" where Unicorns can ask a goofy Dragon embarrassing questions without worrying about offending anyone.
Dragon Clan * Duelist * Challenge Accepted * Blind
G: 1 S: 1 H: What is expected CP: 0

"Would you like to see my picture of Shinsei? So would I."

The Jolly Blind Dragon
Carries a traveling pack, full daisho, and her seeing-eye lemur, Saku.
Mirumoto Chou

Next

Return to Out of Character Chat