Postby Miya Mei on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:22 pm

Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Re: OOC Chat V

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:28 pm

Miya Mei wrote:Brand new L5R RPG open beta soon!!!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/n ... -rpg-beta/

Was just coming to share this.

I imagine HT would stay using 4E rules for consistency?
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:08 pm

I'm waiting to see if it's still RnK before I get excited.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:34 pm

Soshi Taira wrote:I'm waiting to see if it's still RnK before I get excited.

My understanding (without editorial comment one way or the other) is that it'll use some version of the system FFG created for Star Wars. I think there's some mention of "custom dice" in there.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:01 pm

Blugh.

I like RnK.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:47 am

Custom dice does not inspire confidence in me.

I will investigate, but right now I'm not expecting much :/
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Ide Samai on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:30 am

Kitsune Takeo wrote:
Miya Mei wrote:Brand new L5R RPG open beta soon!!!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/n ... -rpg-beta/

Was just coming to share this.

I imagine HT would stay using 4E rules for consistency?

Well, this is open Beta, and I don't expect any concrete game to manifest for another year, and I don't think MS would use Beta rules even if he'd like to switch systems... nothing is more fun than changing rules mid-game :P
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:35 pm

I'm pretty sure 4th ed l5r will be the choice for a few years at least. Too many returning characters and etc in most of the running games to encourage a switch over, unless the system is simply that much better. New game series may see a switch over though?
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:05 pm

I'm reserving judgement as well, but I'm not worried about the dice issue specifically. "Custom dice" gives a bad rap to the Star Wars RPG, which is already supported by Orokos and, based on my limited experience playing it, can be argued to be superior to the L5R system of RnK with raises. I don't want to start a big debate, I'm just hoping folks will give it a chance.

"Give it a chance" meaning in general, not as something to be introduced to existing games on FA. I'd encourage GMs avoiding the special hell of transitioning existing characters to a brand new game system.
Lion Clan * Bushi/Courtier * Sensational * The jolliest Kitsu
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: As expected | Courtship points: 4
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Ide Amaya on Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:32 am

My hesitation does, indeed, stem from the Star Wars system. I feel that the system used in Edge of the Empire is too fickle, but that comes as a surgeon, and I am led to understand that the combat side is significantly smoother than healing.

I don't mean to sound closed-minded on the issue, I am just resistant to change >_>
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Mindshred on Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:51 pm

Soshi Taira wrote:Oh my!

Also, I'm assuming there have been no HT timeline updates yet. I remembered the other day that I hadn't done an epilogue yet, and then remembered I was waiting on the timeline.

I'm possibly just blind though.

Anyway... starting to get back in that pbp mood... so where is the current spot for cool kids to hang out?

Unfortunately, this summer ended up just being a sledgehammer to the head with work. I still haven't quite recovered. :/

Between that and preparing to launch my first solo game (Lockwood's Asylum! Kickstarter soon!), the update has unfortunately been put on the back burner.

I'm hoping that I'll have time to get back to the timeline, but at this point, the exact date is undefined. I apologize for the delay. :(

Kitsune Takeo wrote:I imagine HT would stay using 4E rules for consistency?

Yup, even if the new system is great, we're going to stay with 4E.

I really like RnK, to the point where I've got a steampunk RnK game that I've been working on (though less so this summer, due to heavy work load).
Mindshred

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:34 pm

It's fine, no rush, I was just pondering if I'd missed anything because I have a habit of missing important notices. XD

Soshi Taira

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:12 pm

I like the Star Wars FFG system just fine (mostly) in tabletop. It is a heavily narrative style though, which almost inherently requires heavy GM involvement which in my estimation doesn't mesh well with larger games like you get in most PbPs.

I've heard they aren't going quite as narrative as Star Wars did though (and thank God for that, if I have to figure out the results of one more failure with a Triumph I'm gonna start making living sacrifices to the Dice Gods).
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:11 am

Mindshred wrote:

Unfortunately, this summer ended up just being a sledgehammer to the head with work. I still haven't quite recovered. :/

Between that and preparing to launch my first solo game (Lockwood's Asylum! Kickstarter soon!), the update has unfortunately been put on the back burner.

I'm hoping that I'll have time to get back to the timeline, but at this point, the exact date is undefined. I apologize for the delay. :(

Sounds like your problem is too many good things happening, which is time-consuming, but not bad!

Glad things are going well! Please take your time with the games and the timelines. I'd much rather you do them when time permits and enjoy the work than have you burn out because you were trying to appease our all-consuming player-base :mrgreen:
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Ide Samai on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:36 am

Mindshred wrote:
Soshi Taira wrote:Oh my!

Also, I'm assuming there have been no HT timeline updates yet. I remembered the other day that I hadn't done an epilogue yet, and then remembered I was waiting on the timeline.

I'm possibly just blind though.

Anyway... starting to get back in that pbp mood... so where is the current spot for cool kids to hang out?

Kitsune Takeo wrote:I imagine HT would stay using 4E rules for consistency?

Yup, even if the new system is great, we're going to stay with 4E.

I really like RnK, to the point where I've got a steampunk RnK game that I've been working on (though less so this summer, due to heavy work load).

No worries MS! And good luck with the KS!
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character Chat